______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

On 6/9/2017 at 3:51 PM, xboxtravis7992 said:

A year away and we are getting a teaser already? Marvel stop working overtime! :laugh:

8 months. 

So Scarlett Johansson revealed how many Marvel characters there are in Infinity War. She said there are a total of 61 or 62 Marvel characters in the movie and in one scene in particular there are 32 characters present. Cannot wait for this movie! 

15 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

So Scarlett Johansson revealed how many Marvel characters there are in Infinity War. She said there are a total of 61 or 62 Marvel characters in the movie and in one scene in particular there are 32 characters present. Cannot wait for this movie! 

I hope one of the 32 characters is Agent Coulson!

17 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

62 what the heck. Probably that includes the villains/bad guys in this film. Still that's alot though. How TLG will manage to make a lego set that will not disappoint us because they didn't include the character we like. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

62 what the heck. Probably that includes the villains/bad guys in this film. Still that's alot though. How TLG will manage to make a lego set that will not disappoint us because they didn't include the character we like. 

Thats also probably including characters like Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Shuri, Okoye, Man Ape and Carol Danvers (assuming she be in Part 1), side characters with likely not much impact on the film, I'm sure we'll have all the costumed heroes and villains with story importance we'll need

30 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Thats also probably including characters like Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Shuri, Okoye, Man Ape and Carol Danvers (assuming she be in Part 1), side characters with likely not much impact on the film, I'm sure we'll have all the costumed heroes and villains with story importance we'll need

The only important is we get an updated suit/costumes with these heroes and represent it in minifigure form.

Now that Venom & Black Cat is confirmed to be a part of MCU. I'm excited to see atleast a new version of Venom! :pir-skel:

It doesn't look like any confirmation that Venom is part of the MCU to me. Sony can say what they want and do what they want, but until Kevin Feige says "It's MCU canon" it isn't! (At least in my opinion)

Just a bit of a PSA if anyone doesn't want to know anything going into Homecoming then I'd stay off any movie news sites or anything because I just read something about a pretty important Spidey villain appearing.... I'm super upset that they had this in the title of an article :damn:

Edited by Ashnflash

4 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Just a bit of a PSA if anyone doesn't want to know anything going into Homecoming then I'd stay off any movie news sites or anything because I just read something about a pretty important Spidey villain appearing.... I'm super upset that they had this in the title of an article :damn:

Yeah I saw that, however I don't think (at this point in time at least) that its too big a deal, the character could just be using <SPOILER>'s real name, whilst they don't actually appear as the villain everyone knows them as

On 20/06/2017 at 0:28 AM, quark12000 said:

Keep Venom out, please.

I'd love Tom H vs Tom H as Spidey vs Venom, whats with the hate?

On 20/06/2017 at 0:27 AM, xboxtravis7992 said:

It doesn't look like any confirmation that Venom is part of the MCU to me. Sony can say what they want and do what they want, but until Kevin Feige says "It's MCU canon" it isn't! (At least in my opinion)

So its confirmed its not MCU canon now, but what REALLY is grinding my gears is that Mysterio and Kraven the Hunter are apparently getting their own solo movies now. Is there even going to be any villain left for the next Homecoming movie? I would love if Sony used their own universe to give us Miles Morales and Spider Gwen films, but Mysterio of all characters, how could HE be having his own film?

Its sad that Kraven is going to be part of the Sony Universe. While his darker stories seem to fit the Sony plan well, he recently has been used to great effect as a comedic character amongst the non-Spidey side of the comics. So Kraven showing up on New Warriors or trying to hunt down Howard the Duck in Guardians for laughs is a no-go. :cry_sad:

On 6/19/2017 at 7:18 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Maybe there will be a D2C like the Helicarrier, just that it will come with 20ish figures. 

On 6/20/2017 at 11:28 AM, quark12000 said:

Keep Venom out, please.

This. 

15 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Well if my guess on which character it is, his rifle was in Beware the Vulture, no?

I've reddit (read it) the character will just appear as his real name but not the Villain itself, but it could be use as hint that we will get him in the sequel eventually, and I'm happy with that.

Ok, so Spiderman Homecoming is getting really positive reviews. It currently has a rotten tomatoes score of 93%. That's great! I will get to chance to see this earlier than it's actual release, so I'll review it for you guys!

Alright guys! Review time for Spider-man: Homecoming!

It is a film that understands who Spider-Man as a character is and explores what makes him tick with millions around the world so much. It is also the first Spider-Man film where Peter Parker is a 15-year old kid in high school, and with it, we see his adolescent sense of exhilaration every time he dons the red-and-blue spandex to go fight crime. Homecoming makes the wise decision of not going through Spidey’s backstory all over again. Instead, it dwells upon Peter Parker’s growing pains as he tries his best to actually be Spider-Man and in the process, impress his mentor Tony Stark and be accepted as an Avenger. I loved it from beginning to end. The film is much smaller in scale than any Spider-Man movie till date. It is also a relatively realistic look at what a high-school kid with superpowers would do, the things he does right, and the things he does wrong. Ironically, grounding the film in realism makes the overall movie even more entertaining and answers many of the logical issues people may have had with Spider-Man and his powers in previous films. This is a film where, rather than saving the world, the biggest problem Spider-Man faces is that he has to stop  a villain but doing so would make him miss his school homecoming dance. The film was light hearted, yet intense when it needed to be and moved at a good pace which ensured that you were always engaged while also bringing forward a bunch of surprises that I for one,  did not see coming.  I can’t go into specifics because simply put, I want you to be as surprised as I was during the film.  Tom Holland is the best of both worlds. His Peter Parker is intelligent and caring while his Spider-Man is fittingly quippy and quite literally earns the title of ‘Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man’. Tobey Macguire and Andrew Garfield were great, don't get me wrong, but Holland nails what spidey should be. Ned Leeds, Peter Parker’s best friend in the film is a stand-out as well. 

However, one character aside from our hero that truly blew me away (no pun intended) in the film was Michael Keaton as The Vulture. Perhaps the best villain to come out of the MCU so far, The Vulture has a depth to him that very few supervillains in comic book movies possess. Again, can’t go into this too much without giving away spoilers, his character is menacing when he needs to be but has other sides to him that Michael Keaton plays to perfection. In fact, we can at certain moments, completely understand why he’s doing what he does. And that, to me, is a sign of a great villain. Peter Parker’s relationship with Iron Man in this film is also perfect, with the man who started it all Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Holland playing off each other so well. And while Iron Man never overstays his welcome, he never feels like a last-minute, rushed addition as well. Instead, his part in the overall plot feels almost essential to the character development of Spidey without feeling too intrusive. One thing I have to say about the movie is the drama. There are certain scenes that when it hits, hits hard. Especially if you love Spider-Man as a character. Without going into spoilers, that’s all I’m going to say about that. Finally, the action sequences. The multitude of small, almost vignette-like moments that the film presents where we see Spider-Man just doing his thing that stands out. These moments, while seemingly minor, go a long way in  making you actually care about the character. That being said, there is an action sequence on a ferry that is downright spectacular. Spidey truly is home! There are 2 end credit scenes, make sure to stay and watch them. One of them is amazing, but just stay for both. It's a great addition to the MCU.

Rate: 9.5/10

I really do appreciate if you read all of this, it was definitely long. :thumbup:

Edited by Amazing Bricks

On 17/6/2017 at 7:57 PM, Ashnflash said:

LEGO will be rolling in money!

I wonder how they are going to handle this in the sets!

From what I've been reading here, this is like an Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy crossover, right?

Are the Fantastic 4, Spiderman and X-Men part of this?

Edited by Robert8

58 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Are the Fantastic 4, Spiderman and X-Men part of this?

Spiderman will. The Fantastic 4 and X-Men won't as the movies rights are owned by Fox.

Saw Spider-Man last Saturday. It was a blast! Had my parents and I laughing most of the film through. Keeping it a grounded story about a teenager trying to balance his school life with that of an aspiring super hero was a great decision. Hearing that it has had a big opening has me hoping Sony will keep working with Disney for years to come to keep Peter Parker in the MCU for many years to come!

Anyways some spoiler thoughts:

So anyone else notice how Spider-Man Homecoming broke the MCU timeline we thought we knew? I had always assumed the MCU Phase 2 and Phase 3 were happening in realtime unless otherwise stated (such as both Guardians films being pinned down to 2014). Well as it turns out Spider-Man Homecoming is 8 years after the events of the original Avengers. So either the Avengers took place before 2012, or Spider-Man Homecoming and Civil War take place in 2020... It definitely messes up the timeline we thought we knew. I figure Marvel Studios has some "story bible" which has their official timeline of events, I wish we could see it since I am now a little confused. I know a few of the movie review websites have been talking about this discrepancy, but I really wish we could see something official on the matter beyond speculation. The timeline break is particularly damaging to the TV series more than the films, especially Agents of Shield which tied into so many of the Phase 2 stuff rather overtly.

Adrian Toomes/The Vulture is probably in my top five (if not top 3) MCU villains now. Great acting from Keaton. That scene where we discover Liz is Adrian's daughter, and he threatens Peter on the car ride to the dance was the creepiest thing I have seen in any Spider-Man film since the original one with the Green Goblin. I like how Peter saved him at the end, and how Adrian refuses to reveal to the Scorpion in prison the secret-identity of Spider-Man almost as if he was paying back the favor for Spider-Man saving him earlier. Did I also mention all of Peter's classmates were great? I like how he acted awkward around girls, his friend Ned was geekly excited his BFF was a superhero, and even Peter's antagonistic relationship with Flash Thompson felt realistic (hoping to see Flash as Agent Venom might be to much to ask for with the Sony making their own Venom project, but it would be cool if it could happen). The sly references to Miles Morales and Silk were also great setting stones for the future... Although during the film I felt disappointed that neither Kamala Khan or Doreen Green were hinted at too since they are similarly young ground level street heroes, but hey at least most of the "Spidey-clan' members have been hinted at!

And that ending with Aunt May walking in on Peter in his costume, "What the f....????!!!!" :laugh: Can't wait to see where that goes.

First I'll say that I did enjoy the movie, Spidey's quips were great. Holland takes the top spot from Garfield. I liked The Vulture, in costume, more than I thought I would from the trailers. Keaton was chilling. Defniteky liked the fur around the neck, harkenimg to classic Toomes. I enjoyed the bumbling Spidey a bit, as it made him relatable(as he should be). As much as a superpowered teenager could be relatable. :tongue: 

Now for the frustrating parts...

This was the most disappointing MCU movie for me, because of the butchering of characters they did here. These race changes need to stop. That "Flash Thompson" was a joke. Flash Thompson, of that time, wouldn't be on an academic decathlon team. Changing MJ though...wow. Arguably, after Parker of course, the most important character in Spider-Man. And they completely change her. And having Aunt May know he's Spider-Man...come on. Edit: it would seem this isn't "that" MJ...but I'm not convinced yet...as it could still happen. 

Edited by Vindicare

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

First I'll say that I did enjoy the movie, Spidey's quips were great. Holland takes the top spot from Garfield. I liked The Vulture, in costume, more than I thought I would from the trailers. Keaton was chilling. Defniteky liked the fur around the neck, harkenimg to classic Toomes. I enjoyed the bumbling Spidey a bit, as it made him relatable(as he should be). As much as a superpowered teenager could be relatable. :tongue: 

Now for the frustrating parts...

Reveal hidden contents

This was the most disappointing MCU movie for me, because of the butchering of characters they did here. These race changes need to stop. That "Flash Thompson" was a joke. Flash Thompson, of that time, wouldn't be on an academic decathlon team. Changing MJ though...wow. Arguably, after Parker of course, the most important character in Spider-Man. And they completely change her. And having Aunt May know he's Spider-Man...come on. Edit: it would seem this isn't "that" MJ...but I'm not convinced yet...as it could still happen. 

I really liked this movie, I guess I liked all the character: Ned, Happy and Vulture and his gang. The villains were awesome, relatable, and "real"! Not the classic "Ahr, ahr, I'm a bad guy!" but "The world's changing boys. It's time we change too!"
Also Iron Man appears the right amount of time without stealing the light of Spidey and there are A LOT of continuity easter eggs that I loved!

Reply to Vindicare:

Spoiler

For Flash Thompson, at first I would have agreed with you, but they just wanted to avoid the classic "Dumb buff bully" cliche. Also, a dumb buff bully wouldn't pose a threat to the powered-up Peter while a smart and rich one will!
Right now the bully is not anymore the one that beat you up after school, he's the one that take a photo in the changing room and after a little of photoshop sends it to everyone you now ;)

Kevin Feige confirmed that Michelle is not Mary Jane, he said that she would be a new completely different character, an important one (a new hero or a potential love story?) and that MJ was just a reference.
TL;DR: Kevin Feige: "Hahahahaha, we trolled you, haha!"

What I didn't like:

Spoiler

While I enjoy the suit made by Tony, I think it distorts a little how Spiderman should be...it looks too much like Iron Man (the A.I. Karen is definitely too much !!!). I know they wanted to mix old poor comic Spidey with present billionaire comic Parker but...the present one sucks...Parker should be poor!

Parker struggles to be have both a social life and a superhero life (damn right!) but...there is little consequence...his team wins the match anyway, his friends doesn't hate him (they just think he's weird), etc. Raimi Spidey had to choose, this one not!

BTW I think Spiderman refuses to join the Avengers because the new suit is very very ugly xD

I was thinking....is EVERY villain in the MCU indirectly created by Tony Stark?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by ThunderDrako

14 minutes ago, ThunderDrako said:

I really liked this movie, I guess I liked all the character: Ned, Happy and Vulture and his gang. The villains were awesome, relatable, and "real"! Not the classic "Ahr, ahr, I'm a bad guy!" but "The world's changing boys. It's time we change too!"
Also Iron Man appears the right amount of time without stealing the light of Spidey and there are A LOT of continuity easter eggs that I loved!

Reply to Vindicare:

Hide contents

For Flash Thompson, at first I would have agreed with you, but they just wanted to avoid the classic "Dumb buff bully" cliche. Also, a dumb buff bully wouldn't pose a threat to the powered-up Peter while a smart and rich one will!
Right now the bully is not anymore the one that beat you up after school, he's the one that take a photo in the changing room and after a little of photoshop sends it to everyone you now ;)

Kevin Feige confirmed that Michelle is not Mary Jane, he said that she would be a new completely different character, an important one (a new hero or a potential love story?) and that MJ was just a reference.
TL;DR: Kevin Feige: "Hahahahaha, we trolled you, haha!"

What I didn't like:

Hide contents

While I enjoy the suit made by Tony, I think it distorts a little how Spiderman should be...it looks too much like Iron Man (the A.I. Karen is definitely too much !!!). I know they wanted to mix old poor comic Spidey with present billionaire comic Parker but...the present one sucks...Parker should be poor!

Parker struggles to be have both a social life and a superhero life (damn right!) but...there is little consequence...his team wins the match anyway, his friends doesn't hate him (they just think he's weird), etc. Raimi Spidey had to choose, this one not!

BTW I think Spiderman refuses to join the Avengers because the new suit is very very ugly xD

I was thinking....is EVERY villain in the MCU indirectly created by Tony Stark?!?!?!?!?!

Most likely, but hey whats wrong with that. He started the MCU and went from a B list character to a household name. He is also the most relatable as he has no superpowers and has earned his fortune. The character has also went through the most dynamic change as he went from a jerk to the father of the superhero world. Anyway they probably want to keep on tying everything to him as he will most likely not survive Infinity War leading all his affiliated relations to have a great effect. Making Thanos only seem as a greater foe. 

Although I agree Spidermans suit should not have an AI and shouldnt foster all these features, its fine having it all connected to Tony Stark. Personally Homecoming is now my favorite MCU movie.

There is nothing wrong, it's just a curious thing xD

Oh oh, I have a preview of the new script for Infinity War!
Thanos: <<I was visiting Earth, I was in this place called...Afghanistan, I camouflaged myself as one of these "Ten Rings" guys because they looked cool....suddenly a guy threw a rocket at my face. It was THEN that I decided to conquer the universe and kill all the living beings in it!>>

Edited by ThunderDrako

Spider-Man spoil-ish...

I got to ask. How did Gwyneth Paltrow get a high billing in the credits? All she was is a glorified cameo. I am surprised that Tyne Daly didn't get as high billing too. She was in the movie as much as Paltrow, just in the beginning (as Paltrow was in the ending of the movie).

I may be in the minority here, but this film (Spiderman: homecoming) was plainly terrible. So incredibly sub-par that the only MCU films it's better than are Captain America the first avenger and Thor the dark world. I was so excited going in, following the ad campaign (I'm not a big spiderman fan to begin with but the ad campaign truly perked my interest) and yet throughout the film I had to keep telling myself 'You'll like it after this bit' and yet it never came. So utterly disappointed in Marvel. 

Here's why it was just awful (spoilers- I think):

Spoiler

Firstly the first 20-30 minutes were mainly clips from their internet campaign with very little that was new. So I was left feeling incredibly bored and my attention yet to be captivated. Now let's straighten out a few things. I love the secret highschool action/superhero genre. I love the transferable morals and balancing of the big action set pieces and the smaller, down to earth moments that we can all relate to. This film didn't deliver in the school regard. There were no transferable morals and Peter's school character arc had no conclusion. For me the film was just great action scenes with filler content that did not work. Peters school situation showed no improvement and ultimately the character arc for peter can be summarised as stroppy teen for the vast majority of the film (which I should add pitted me against him as oppose to making me sympathise with him- this may be my indian lineage kicking in but I felt as though he was just an ungrateful child acting as though he knew best and disobeying his parental figures and ruining his life- basically a normal teenager but there was so little to reedeem him as the school arc was left unadressed) and then subsequently learning to remain as a neighbourhood spiderman though this turning point had no build up and came out of nowhere. The whole movie just felt sloppy. And not to mention the final fight scene, at which point I was forcing myself to stay awake as I was hardly invested in the story line, which was so stupidly bad and unoriginal. I've loved how marvel's previous 2 solo hero films (Antman and Dr Strange) have put interesting spins on the whole final showdown trope in a way that you're seeing something that no movie has ever done before. This films final fight felt bland and generic- and badly done at that- though I did like the rainbow plane. Other notes on poorly done aspectsof this film include:

-The completely unconvincing relationship between peter and liz (though it did capture the high school awkwardness well- especially the asking out scene)

-The vulture playing the most stereotypical villain ever (though well executed by michael keaton- and I did like his motivations/that opening scene was great for building sympathy for his motivations and brought him down to earth, making him feelmore grounded and reasonable as a character)

- New aunt may is so much more realistic (when I was 15 my aunties were in their 30's/40's so grandma may never made sense to me- Not to mention being plainly gross) but then was barely in the film- plus her scene where she is telling peter off and then somehow dismisses all of her concerns when peter tells her that he lost the 'internship'- it made no sense and didn't address any of her concerns.

- The AI/Karen also felt too personable and human in a way that Jarvis never was and it just didn't feel like an actual AI- More like a friend communicating.

- Not to mention that Michelle was in the movie for roughly a minute- that triathelon or whatever it was, was also poorly done and didn't invest the viewer as they started on the last question- at least give us a build up montage. As a result, the victory and the monument scene didn't work as well as I didn't feel involved enough in the moment.

Ultimately, in my opinion, this film failed for every reason it's add campaign succeeded- it worked better as a series of clips and not as a whole movie (due to having such a poorly developed over arching story and poor character arcs). This film was bad. Really bad.

Thanks for having to put up with my poor writing style.

My favourite part of the film was when Gwyneth Paltrow showed up. And the spiderman, marvel themesong remix. RDJ was perfect in all of his scenes too.

I'm hoping that the Ninjago movie does the whole high school, secret action life outside of school thing better. A lot better.

Edited by LegoShroom