______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

They're saying that Josh Brolin has been found rehearsing for infinity war. You can also see the Russo bros there. It's got to be thanos, he's sitting :grin:

14222272_836386596497274_592732778901117

Also, doctor strange runtime has been revealed to be 130 minutes long. Not bad at all.

Edited by amazingbricks

Well since I fell ill I decided to watch Age of Ultron for the 3rd time, first out of theatres. Watching it again really cemented how much I like it! I enjoyed it more then civil war which don't mistake me is a very well made movie, I just like the vibe of AoU better. Call me a sucker but I love the message of teamwork. If you watch carefully you can see the lines in the sand already being drawn for CW, you get a better sense that it was semi inevitable. My only wish was that Ultron looked a little more comic-ish as I think it would have made him scarier.

They're saying that Josh Brolin has been found rehearsing for infinity war. You can also see the Russo bros there. It's got to be thanos, he's sitting :grin:

https://fbcdn-sphoto...dae70f6db726f57

Also, doctor strange runtime has been revealed to be 130 minutes long. Not bad at all.

Two hours 16 minutes. Why not just round it up to two hours 20?

On October 2, 2016 at 8:19 PM, Sir Gareth said:

Anyone else disappointed by Luke Cage?

It was no Daredevil but it was still good. Could have had a little more brutal and fluid action but the villains were some of my favorites in the MCU since Fisk, especially my boy Stokes. Their motives felt real and they themselves felt relatable. The dialogue and scenery also felt really authentic (but that just may be the New York native in me talking) :P

On September 17, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Im a brickmaster. said:

Well since I fell ill I decided to watch Age of Ultron for the 3rd time, first out of theatres. Watching it again really cemented how much I like it! I enjoyed it more then civil war which don't mistake me is a very well made movie, I just like the vibe of AoU better. Call me a sucker but I love the message of teamwork. If you watch carefully you can see the lines in the sand already being drawn for CW, you get a better sense that it was semi inevitable. My only wish was that Ultron looked a little more comic-ish as I think it would have made him scarier.

Completely agree. Ultron could have been a little more intimidating and less childish(?), and I too definitely liked the film more after watching it on TV a few times than I did in the theater.

There was a 15 minute screening of doctor strange showing key parts of the movie and everyone is saying it is amazing!!! They say that the car crash scene is crazy and Benedict Cumberbatch has the attitude of Tony stark. Also, a character you all hoped would be in the movie is in fact in it.

It's

Dormammu

Everyone is saying that you must watch this movie in Imax. I'm so pumped for doctor strange!

Did anyone else watch tonight's Agents of SHIELD? 

This is the first time I have been able to follow the series in real time and not catching up on Netflix (I watched Season 1-3 on Netflix.) I had fun with tonight's episode, although I did have a few qualms about it. I liked the plot involving Coulson and crew trying to stop the blackouts, and how it forced SHIELD to return to the public sphere.The Daisy/Ghostridder stuff was rather tame today, and honestly not seeing Robbie with his flame head at all this episode was kind of disappointing. The plot involving Simmons trying to save May was a bit convoluted. Both my parents are Registered Nurses and it is funny watching pseudo-medical scenes on TV with them. Simmons made so many mistakes in the last scenes with her trying to save May, it makes my parent's lose their suspension of disbelief. I mean Simmons was literally performing CPR, on May's throat... :tongue: Yeah...   

Alfre Woodard is amazing as Black Mariah! :oh: Definitely one of the best villains in the MCU and I like Cottonmouth too. Misty Knight is also great! 

I'm not the biggest X-men fan, by far, but the new Logan trailer looks very gritty and sad. Thr Old Man Logan comic storyline is a very good one, and very sad. I want to see just how much they take from it into this film. And it releases two months before Guardians, so it's something to look forward to.

Thoughts on the GOTG 2 teaser:

Holy crap, GOTG 2 looks flipping amazing! The first one was my favorite MCU movie, until Civil war came out. However, I look forward to this. Baby groot equals a lot of $ for Disney. I love how drax is still awkward haha, gamora looks badass, Star lord looks great, and rocket raccoon looks adorable and menacing at the same time. Also, the poster is out with nebula and yondu there. I honestly can't wait for this movie. I chuckled at the drax and star lord hug, hilarious stuff. 

Also, the first reactions for Doctor strange are out. They're mostly positive! Many of them had low expectations coming in, and were amazed at the end. They said it's not the best MCU movie, but it's great. They said the visuals were outstanding and the actors nailed their roles. This makes me excited, the MCU is on fire.

Edited by amazingbricks

11 hours ago, amazingbricks said:

This makes me excited, the MCU is on fire.

Let this be a lesson for Warner Brothers, adapting successful comics doesn't happen in a few films; but instead over a saga which makes us care about our characters with every new instalment. :)

Enough of me teasing the DCU... Glad to hear Dr. Strange is getting a good reaction. Guardians 2 looks fun, but the trailer looked "more of the same" to me, which isn't a bad thing.

Last night I was able to visit my parents and watch the latest episode of Agents of Shield with them; here are a few of my thoughts:

So we got some explanation to what is going on with the ghosts and Robbie's purpose as Ghost Rider. We also got a showdown between Ghost Rider and the Inhuman Hellfire; which was rather cool since when Hellfire used some flaming chains on Ghost Rider, and then Ghost Rider took them from Hellfire at the end of the battle as a sort of trophy. That's a pretty cool way to introduce Ghost Rider's signature weapon in my opinion! Through out the episode the main plot involved Daisy forcing Simmons to help her find out how the Watchdogs were tracking Inhumans, and what they discovered is that Hellfire had allowed the Watchdogs to hack into his tracking bracelet.

The Radcliff and Fitz messing around with the Life Model Decoy plot continued, with Simmons finding out about the android at the end of the episode. I think this episode helped answer some of the mysteries we have been getting this season; although a lot needs to be explained. Particularly the introduction of some sort of "Book of Sins" as a plot device in the story. I am sure some super comics aficionado can explain how that Book might play into the story. 

In summary though, with the release of Doctor Strange in a few days, I wonder how Agents will tie into that film. I feel Agents hasn't had a really strong movie tie in since Captain America Winter Soldier; but with all the supernatural elements in Agents of Shield right now, it could be that the actions of the Sorcerer Supreme could have an impact on Coulson and Crew. Especially with this book of evil being introduced, it seems the mystical is about to impact the story of Agents BIG TIME.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 trailer looked incredible! The trailer along with the comic con trailer description makes me think this will be better then the first movie.

My thoughts on Agents of Shield from last night:

So we got more stuff about the ghosts and the "Darkhold" book they are looking for; with a pretty intense prison escape/fight setting for the action; as SHIELD was trying to reach Robbie Reyes's uncle in Prison before the ghosts could. It was a fun episode, with some cool action sequences; but for the most part it is just following the threads already established in the last few episodes; so nothing to surprising from that regard. I don't get this Darkhold ghosts stuff very much, but I do like that the threat is not Hydra. I was getting sick of Shield just being Coulson v. Hydra for the last three seasons, and I am glad we are getting something new. Next week they advertised that we will be getting the origin story for Ghost Rider, which sounds like that will be pretty cool.

But the real mystery of this week's episode in my mind has to deal with Jeffery Mace; the Patriot and the new director of Shield. I am curious where they are trying to take his character. Obviously none of the old Shield crew feels like they can trust him; and furthermore this episode showed Jeff out right lying on TV claiming he was in Vienna during the bombing at the U.N. that happened in Civil War; only to have Simmons call him out about it afterwords. Then we saw Jeff talking with the senator lady he was debating on TV (the one who seems to be manipulating the attacks on the Inhumans), and the scene was vague enough I couldn't tell if Jeff and the senator were allies; or if the senator is manipulating Jeff. It seems the show is trying everything it can to make us distrust Jeffery Mace; but I feel misdirection is very common in this series as it tries to lead us to "the big reveal." I don't know as a viewer if I should trust Jeff, or if he is going to pull a "Grant Ward" on the team and betray everybody.