______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

I haven't seen the finale of the LMD arc yet, but so far it has been one of my least favorite arcs in the series. Very convoluted, I grew sicking of trying to guess "Who is a robot now?" every episode. It made me wish he had more Ghost Rider or classic SHIELD v. Hydra stuff instead of all the crazy robot nonsense. Of course it had some cool moments along the way, but not my favorite story on the show so far. 

Another growing complaint I have; I know Daisy Johnson is the show's lead Inhuman (basically I'd dare say she is the most important character second only to Coulson) but she has REALLY been getting on my nerves this whole season. Her abandoning SHIELD after Lincoln died in Season 3, her constant spouting of "INHUMAN RIGHTS MATTER" for nearly every single line of dialogue she says. She has just become annoying, and every minute we spend on her in the show is a minute I wish I could be seeing what Fitz, Simmons, Ghost Rider, Mack, Jeffery Mace, May, Coulson, etc. where up to instead. I'm sorry, but that is how Daisy feels this season. Which is a pity since I thought her story arcs in Season 1 and 2 were great, but now I feel she is just standing around doing nothing for the show other than being the "superhero muscle" of the group. It is also weird having her act as the "spokesperson" and "quasi-leader" of the Inhumans right now, especially since we know that the Royal Family is coming to the MCU. I don't know much about Inhuman lore from the comics, but to me it sounds like any group called the ROYAL FAMILY would have more control and influence over the Inhumans than Daisy acts like she has.

Honestly after having watched four seasons of Agents, I am starting to feel the show is running a bit low on steam. Either it needs a new breath of life (such as a cool tie into a new film like Winter Soldier did to the show); or the writers need to prepare for a good finale arc to conclude it in a coming season. I hear rumors the show is sitting on "the bubble" right now, meaning ABC is debating to renew it or cancel it. For being such a costly show to produce, it has low ratings; while at the same time it is one of their only shows which brings in a young male demographic. Agents also rates very high on DVR viewings, suggesting a streaming service might be a better fit for it than prime time TV is (my family watches it all on DVR ourselves). I am hoping they renew it for a final season, and that the show writers use that opportunity to conclude the series and set the stage for Infinity War. Then they should focus their efforts on the new projects for Marvel TV, such as Inhumans, Cloak and Dagger, New Warriors, etc.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

LMD arc isn't bad, it was better than what they had prior certainly, but I watched Westworld first and I guess that's not a fair comparison. :tongue:

Well I finally did catch up to the latest Agents episode. That was very satisfying. A bit of a horror story type vibe going on to conclude the arc. Also, remember all my gripes about Daisy I said in my last post? I didn't have any gripes like that with her in this episode, it felt a lot more like the classic SHIELD episode dynamic.

So I did a search for an Xmen thread but it looks like this is the closest thing to it with some discussions happening a while back. So I don't know about anyone else but I'm super excited for Logan, and to add to the sadness of the whole thing and Hugh Jackman leaving Patrick Stewart just announced today that he too is retiring from the role... :cry_sad: 

I think its safe to say that Ian McKellen also will never return to the role. There is no way in my mind that I would ever see him returning without his friend Patrick Stewart. Also I think with these guys never returning I doubt that we will ever have an Xmen movie besides Deadpool set in the present unless they reboot the entire thing. Which with Jennifer Lawrence I believe not coming back I think its safe to say that after Logan and Deadpool 2 this franchise is pretty much dead in the water... 

Apocalypse was okay... But I wasn't really excited for it. And because it wasn't as good as it could've been it really does not make me excited for any more Xmen movies.

3 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

So I did a search for an Xmen thread but it looks like this is the closest thing to it with some discussions happening a while back. So I don't know about anyone else but I'm super excited for Logan, and to add to the sadness of the whole thing and Hugh Jackman leaving Patrick Stewart just announced today that he too is retiring from the role... :cry_sad: 

I think its safe to say that Ian McKellen also will never return to the role. There is no way in my mind that I would ever see him returning without his friend Patrick Stewart. Also I think with these guys never returning I doubt that we will ever have an Xmen movie besides Deadpool set in the present unless they reboot the entire thing. Which with Jennifer Lawrence I believe not coming back I think its safe to say that after Logan and Deadpool 2 this franchise is pretty much dead in the water... 

Apocalypse was okay... But I wasn't really excited for it. And because it wasn't as good as it could've been it really does not make me excited for any more Xmen movies.

I'm with you, i'm pumped to see it! The fact that both Hugh and Patrick are finished, just makes me sad. Although, Hugh was interviewed and said that he would gladly reprise his role as wolverine if the rights were at the MCU. That'd be great, but it's never going to happen. Apocalyse was trash IMO, it was so disappointing compared to DOFP. DOFP was a great movie, it's definitely underrated. But I have faith that Logan will end Hugh Jackman's career as wolverine with a bang. I've heard nothing but good reviews for it, so that has me really excited. 

2 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

I'm with you, i'm pumped to see it! The fact that both Hugh and Patrick are finished, just makes me sad. Although, Hugh was interviewed and said that he would gladly reprise his role as wolverine if the rights were at the MCU. That'd be great, but it's never going to happen. Apocalyse was trash IMO, it was so disappointing compared to DOFP. DOFP was a great movie, it's definitely underrated. But I have faith that Logan will end Hugh Jackman's career as wolverine with a bang. I've heard nothing but good reviews for it, so that has me really excited. 

Really? I didn't know that. I really hope that the rights for that and FF go over to Disney. But I'm going to one up your comment at the bottom, I have heard nothing but excellent reviews for it. Its being praised as a really great comic book movie, but just an awesome movie all around. 

7 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

I made one specifically for the people like you who didn't know where to post this kind of stuff. Nobody uses it anymore :hmpf_bad:

Going to see Logan on Friday, I'll do a non spoiler review about why it's so great... Cos obviously it's gonna be great :laugh:

Looks like they're gonna focus more on the McAvoy/Fassbender X-Men Franchise from now on, but they do have many a spin off planned; New Mutants, and Gambit has been revived

5 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I made one specifically for the people like you who didn't know where to post this kind of stuff. Nobody uses it anymore :hmpf_bad:

Well the last discussion of Xmen was in this thread.... Also searched it 3 times using different methods and I guess it isn't tagged properly :sceptic:

But ya, can't wait to see it!

So not sure how it normally happens with Netflix shows on here. But so far I'm enjoying Iron Fist, it's not as bad as people are saying it is. I'm on episode 6 right now so we'll see how I feel at the end of the season. 

First couple episodes of Iron Fist blow. But the minute we get to episodes 4, 5, 6, etc. it gets so good. The fighting becomes more fluid and one single take and we get some familiar faces showing up which is always a plus.

Iron Fist received a lot of hate but I'm kinda liking it. Jessica Jones or Daredevil 1 and 2 are definitely better but I think Iron Fist is better than Luke Cage.

New Spiderman trailer looks incredible! It is already my favourite Spiderman movie. Suit and webs just look incredible! 

Oh my gosh, that Captain America fitness program! :laugh: I knew Chris Evans wanted to be in the film, but I thought it wouldn't happen because of the events of Civil War... Well Pacer Test Captain has proved me wrong!!

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Sorry to say fellas, but as great as the new trailer was, there's some not so good news...

http://epicstream.com/news/Spider-Man-To-Exit-MCU-Following-Spider-Man-Homecoming-Sequel

In a way, Spidey deserves his own films, so that might be good, in a way. What I'd be mostly worried about is them ruining the character again. I hope they keep Marvel involved.

If the current Marvel-Sony deal makes Sony bucketsful of money, in 6 or 7 years after Infinity War and Homecoming "2" are out, they might consider sticking with Disney-Marvel just because it is a sure return on their investment. Striking it out alone runs the risk of another Amazing Spider-Man type fall out... 

EDIT: Or maybe it is all corporate posturing to try and force Disney to pay a high dollar price tag to gain full control over Spider-Man under the threat they could lose all control again after the current deal expires... 

Edited by xboxtravis7992

This was expected with the deal between Sony and marvel. Sony makes a crap Spiderman movie, so Marvel fixes it and then Sony wants Spiderman back. Sony are planning a venom movie, along with black cat. They're trying to do their own universe. They're honestly out of their mind, but hope spidey can stick around in the MCU .

This whole nonsense about a " solo Venom movie" and a "Silver sSble/Blackcat movie" is just that. Sony has been announcing the same spin off stuff since ASM2 came out in 2014! It's all hookum, you can't conceivably do a Venom movie and or origin completely disconnected from Spider man. (Sigh) Them people get carried away to easy

And thunderdrako? That is a fine, even marvelous idea

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

Well; New Warriors staring Squirrel Girl has officially got the go. I hope the rumors Ms. Marvel will feature to pan out! Both of those characters are well deserving of being in the MCU in one way or another. 

https://news.marvel.com/tv/62577/marvels-new-warriors-headed-freeform-straight-series-order/

EDIT: Of course I am a bit apprehensive if they screw this up to. Comedy has been part of the MCU for a long time, but it has always played second fiddle to the action. If this show nails the humor of the North-Henderson comics, then it will be a pretty good product. If it goofs though and is a sub par comedy sitcom... well... I won't be happy.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Overall pretty good trailer but the music gives me GotG vibes and I don't like that.It also looks like that in the past Hela attacked Valkyries home planet.But my fav part of the whole thing is Thors reaction on Hulk,it's comedy gold :grin:

What an amazing trailer! Looks so good aesthetically. But ya definitely the best part of the trailer is the end bit there :grin:

Next Thor looks more interesting than the other ones. I love what they've done with Thor but at the same time I think Thor 1 and 2 are at best average movies (especially 1... that love story comes about because Thor has muscles...).

My question is... what kind of powers does Thor have without his hammer? When he lost his hammer in Thor 1 he oddly seemed to lose ALL of his powers. Some random hospital people could subdue him (for a time). Yet other times like in Agents of Shield it suggests that Asgardians are just plain super strong and bulletproof anyways. In this movie he loses his hammer (as Thor always does) and seems to still super powered to the same level as normal, minus the hammer.

WAT SENSE?

Anyways, look forward to it.

Amazing teaser trailer! The ending was perfect! There are a lot of complaints about spoiling hulk and mjolnir breaking. However, we knew about this and people will find the slightest things to nitpick on. Calling it right now, this will be the best superhero movie of 2017.