______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Singer has said somewhere he plans to have Nightcrawler/Alan Cummings back. Also, an Asian actress was hired to play Blink; I don't know her, but it was part of the article I saw where they said Collosus had signed on. There's a Twitter pic or something that Singer posted last week with all the signed on players pics on it, with six empty spaces... Likely those he hasn't got a guarantee on.

I don't think Kelsey Grammer will return. I think Singer is going to pretend that whole movie never happened... Much like the rest of the world.

Mark Millar said on Twitter today that he met with Simger today to discuss DOFP. He say there's a big announcement coming in the next week or so.

Also the Trailer for Wolverine is going to be released in the next week.

Singer has said somewhere he plans to have Nightcrawler/Alan Cummings back. Also, an Asian actress was hired to play Blink; I don't know her, but it was part of the article I saw where they said Collosus had signed on. There's a Twitter pic or something that Singer posted last week with all the signed on players pics on it, with six empty spaces... Likely those he hasn't got a guarantee on.

I don't think Kelsey Grammer will return. I think Singer is going to pretend that whole movie never happened... Much like the rest of the world.

Actually if some of Singers hints are true, he's going to do far better than simply pretend that X3 never happened. The next X-Men movie is "Day's of Future Past". For those who have never read the comic book, this is the title of a classic X-Men time travel story. The actual comic story was for all intents and purposes a complete and utter copy of the first James Cameron/Arnold Schwartznegger Terminator movie. From a dark apocalyptic future, where mutants are hunted to death by giant government created robots called Sentinals, an older version of one of the X-Men is sent back in time/switched places with their younger version, in order to change the timeline and prevent the event that led to the creation of the Sentinals and the destruction of everything. In the comic the time jumper was Kitty Pride (Shadowcat). As I said complete and utter Terminator retread. So it is safe to assume that they will rather radically change a good deal of story elements. (Jimmy Cameron may have ignored a 2 issue comic story from the early 80's written when he was just starting out and only had one well known movie under his belt. His lawyers however will not ignore a movie of the same subject that has the potential to unseat his Avatar as all time great blockbuster. Just saying)

So anyway... The key point is given the time travel / "Change the past / Change the Future" nature of the story, Brian Singer does not simply have to ignore X3... He can completely and utterly wipe it out while staying within the movie continuity. And the only thing more satisfying to an X-Man fan then pretending X3 never existed is making a movie where it is officially wiped from existence. :cry_happy:

I don't think we will see a Kelsey Grammer Beast in part because it will be very very hard to square his look and voice with Nicholas Holt's younger take on the character. Granted the same may be said of Professor X and Magneto, but somehow I don't think it will be quite as big a leap. Kind of a shame either way. I much prefer the look they pulled off for the Beast with Holt. But Kelsey Grammer perfectly nailed the Beast voice that I always heard in my head while reading him.

Edited by Faefrost

Yes, they're going to "Star Trek" the timeline, and he'll just pick and choose as he likes.

As much as the original DOFP was inspired by Terminator, it takes on a whole other quality when you actually spend so much time in the future (half the original comic did) and it uses characters you know deeply in both timelines. Really, only the "change the future" part of it was Terminator like. It went off on a massive tangent from there.

I'd really like to see Rachel/Phoenix brought in, but that might be just one step too far for a mainstream flick.

Anyway, the movies are going to be very very loosely based on the comics, so I really don't know what to expect. I thought Avengers would be more like Ultimates, and it really wasn't, only the Shield and the alien invasion parts.

Saw that a few minuites ago. Looks pretty cool, the helmet looks great. I don't know much about Hank Pymm or Scott Lang, the only time I've read about either was in Ultimates 1 and Marvel Zombies. Still looks cool for test footage.

Wow looks pretty neat, however I don't know what to expect yet from this movie. Hopefully the costume grows on me....right now I am definitely not a fan of that :hmpf_bad:

I think the costume is awesome, i am more worried about guardians than i am about Ant Man... i mean, they cast a WWE star in the lead role

There is a new Iron Man 3 tv spot out!

And it shows

Pepper in the Mk 42 armor protecting Tony :wub:

Honestly can't wait for that movie to come out!

I know it's not part of the cinematic universe, but is anyone else excited?

Eh I think it looks ok I guess. I'm definitely nowhere near as excited for it as I am for IM3, but I will probably end up seeing it at some point.

I kind off excited. Wolverine is one of my favourite characters and this movies looks ok. However I'm more excited for Days of Future Past since we get the full team.

I know it's not part of the cinematic universe, but is anyone else excited?

It doesn't look very X-Men though, I liked Wolverine but it was primarily his relationship with the team players of the X-Men rather than the character himself.

The problem I have with Wolverine and all the other possible Solo X-men films is, they don't usually work well individually. I once heard someone say the X-men are a cake and Wolverine is the Frosting on top. Problem to much Frosting makes you sick.

It was different in the Avengers as we got see everyone solo first, then become even better. The other problem is the whole after X-men 3 thing. With this film regarding it as canon and Days of Future Past rumoured to remove it from canon, does that mean this film will have to be ignored aswell?

It was different in the Avengers as we got see everyone solo first, then become even better. The other problem is the whole after X-men 3 thing. With this film regarding it as canon and Days of Future Past rumoured to remove it from canon, does that mean this film will have to be ignored aswell?

If Days of Future Past creates an alternate timeline for Last Stand and on it probably won't be a problem; if not, then you're probably right. Hopefully Singer and James Mangold have been collaborating for this type of paradox.

Some more news on everybody's favorite star spangled avenger :tongue: ;

http://screencrush.c...robert-redford/

Robert Redford is being signed to play a senior SHIELD agent.

Here is who he could be playing;

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/03/23/captain-america-2-8-reasons-marvel-should-cast-robert-redford/

He Totally Could Be Old Man Fury.

Given the grizzled look of latter-day Sundance, we could see him pulling off Old Man Fury.

While Marvel Comics have nixed the idea that “Nick Fury” is a codename given the head of S.H.I.E.L.D., that theory has found traction with fans over the years, and has been especially popular since the publisher decided to create a more movie-friendly Marvel Universe wherein they imported the “Ultimate” Nick Fury into their mainstream superhero universe and essentially put the guy who’s been on it since the ’40s out to pasture.

Introducing it in the movies–that this guy, who may or may not have an eyepatch and may or may not have been around at least since the Cold War if not necessarily since World War II, and who may or may not be chomping on a cigar–this guy could be a sly implication for those who want it that the “original” Nick Fury still existed in some form in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

He could also be Dum Dum Duguen.

Batroic the Leaper is rumored to be in the film too.

http://io9.com/capta...t-ins-459384325

So, here is who we know is going to be in CA2: Captain America, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Nick Fury, Black Widow, Sharon Carter, Arnim Zola, Crossbones, Batroic the Leaper, Maria Hill and other SHIELD agents.

Just some more casting news :laugh: .http://www.totalfilm.com/news/agent-sitwell-will-return-for-captain-america-the-winter-soldier

Also, don't know if mentioned already, but Coulsen is confirmed for the SHIELD t.v. series.

I would have rather seen Zemo in the Cap 2 film but I have learned to trust Marvel with how they are handling the MCU :classic: Maybe one day we will see Zemo!

Yup, Wolverine looks terrible. It's just a trailer, but there is nothing interesting happening in it (Wolverine with a depression beard a la Dark Knight? Sucked the first time, doesn't work any better on Wolverine). A real shame. I'm sure it'll make a pile of money anyway. Iron Man looks to be the only interesting super-hero movie this summer.