paostmo

MOC Orange House

Hey all. I've been on a bit of a building spree lately. I had a lot of fun with the SNOT work on this build, both on the ground floor and the roof (also a bit in the bathroom). I spent some time furnishing the interior which led me to a new realization. I had used white bricks for the side walls of this modular in order to save my orange bricks for furture projects. This works well on the outside, but when I did the interior I had some awkward rooms with one white wall and one orange wall. This is something I'll try to avoid in the future. Also... furnishing the inside sure does a number on my supply of tile bricks. Anyway, here we go!

8267640158_19c6262463.jpg

8267632560_f5d1bf01b6.jpg

8267631482_d972aff899.jpg

8266566327_9501d990a1.jpg

8266568637_b212694769.jpg

8266571291_45f1cf4482.jpg

8266572287_cce7d9fbe5.jpg

8267639606_b276944eb8.jpg

More pics here: http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

C&C welcome! Thanks for looking :laugh:

Really nice Modular, nice color scheme :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good shot the man taking a bath :laugh:

Edited by Wedge09

What's SNOT to love about this creation, a delightful townhouse and you even remembered the bathroom 'paostmo'......excellent work and Brick On ! :sweet:

Well done! The colour is a bit unusual, but work well. It makes the building livelier in a way. The interior is simple, yet effective. My favourite is the bath tub, and I bet the fig having a bath is enjoying the nice view.

There's lots to like about this building. Even the orange colour, which contrasts really nicely with the white trim and grey facade, and looks fantastic next to your medium blue building.

The interior is great too, with all the different tiling patterns. I'm impressed that you've managed to fit a bath, basin and toilet in a very small space!

Really like the orange color scheme :wub: The SNOT 1x1 tiles for the first floor wall look great as well :thumbup: Excellent interiors too, looks like you''re getting a nice collection of custom modulars :classic:

''

Thanks for all of the feedback! I might take a little break from modulars while I dream up something for the winter village contest.

That's a very nice building!

The color issue is a disadvantage of making the building 16 deep. I often make the buildings a little bit deeper, so I can use double brick walls at the front and back. That also leaves a little bit more room for the stare case. However, the same issue occurs for the walls at the side, especially at the upper floors where they might not be covered by the next building.