Perhaps this is old news I dunno but I found this link on ebay today for most of the 1H13 sets including the 42006. It suggests this set will be available from Dec 14th.

I haven't seen it for sale anywhere else yet so I guess it could be the first chance to buy one.. See here..

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_1134wt_2161

The claws look great and will be a must-buy for me. :wub_drool:

But just from Lego direct without the set. I try to add this to my 8043.

The driver's cab looks nearly exactly the same as the one on the 8043 Excavator. Are the parts being used for the tips of the grab claw new?

This is the 1 set for 1H2013 I've been waiting for. I figured it might be spring release much like we've seen in the past couple years. Its not listed on S@H or other retailers websites as even a pre-order yet. I know most times TRU has sets available prior to TLG's actual release date, but its not their website either, but with all the holiday traffic, I don't think they keep up the inventory/store counts when you enter a zip code for Store Pickup, and only way you can do this is if the item is available on the website. Funny thing I saw some 42010's on the shelf there last week, but nothing on the website. As far as their items listed, like say the 9397 Log Truck, I saw a few of them in 1 of the store areas in my area, but when I got home I decided to check their website, and when I entered my zip, it showed nothing available in the 4 stores close to me. And naturally the salespeople are so busy right now, they normally just check what I see and say no, its not in any area stores even though I visibly saw some of those sets in the store an hour or so earlier. Most times you really have to get in the car and go check yourself, this time they just do a quick scan and call it good. With all the pushed around items on the shelves, sometimes a set can be 'hidden' behind other sets that people look at and just stick back up on the shelf.

The 42006 is so eerily similar to the 8043, but from what I can glean it is not RC? I saw DLuders had posted large images of the box and I don't see anything about RC or even the possibility to add PF elements.

There is one image of the 42006 with PF elements installed, but not for RC. The switch is visible on the top and the battery box can be seen underneath. I'm looking forward to this one as well!

The driver's cab looks nearly exactly the same as the one on the 8043 Excavator. Are the parts being used for the tips of the grab claw new?

YEP - and I'm waiting for them! :wub_drool:

... and we're waiting for "The Claw" parts too! :alien: :alien: :alien:

:laugh: You made me laugh. The association between "claw" and these aliens from Toy story is so strong, that even my wife laughed when I showed her your post. I like how you know how to hit the nail on the head.

So I assume as with the 9396 Helicopter it does not come standard with battery box and motor and that you have buy them separately?

The model would be perfect for my logging operation to pick up logs or whatever and set them on the back of the 9397 Logging Truck. I hope it does become available soon.

The alternate is cool enough looking, but what's up with the axles poking out in front...I realize they have to use what parts they have for the main model, but it looks like it should be bulldozer. I modified the alternate 8043 tracked loader with some parts to make a dozer instead, kind of like a mini 8275.

Edited by TechnicFreak

I don't know if someone pointed this out yet but In the front of the B-model you can see a mini la. What is it used for (in the main model)?

I don't know if someone pointed this out yet but In the front of the B-model you can see a mini la. What is it used for (in the main model)?

I think it's used for the claw, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think it's used for the claw, correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, it is. Much clearer in this image:

71i%2BsW5uxJL._AA1500_.jpg

@Hopey - thanks for the actual model image, wonder if it will actually be released on 12-14...it isn't listed on S@H as pre-order or on TRU online either...

One question for the group, I wonder as in the past with other models as of late, if the claw on the main model operates manually by hand by turning an axle joiner (i.e: 8295 Telehandler's fork tilt for example), it sort of looks like it is a mini-LA, but can't tell for sure...

Somehow I sorta think this will be their spring release...

Edited by TechnicFreak

The claw appears to be controlled from somewhere on the main body. Another angle shows an axle running down the center of the lower part of the main arm to where it attaches to the body.

The claw appears to be controlled from somewhere on the main body. Another angle shows an axle running down the center of the lower part of the main arm to where it attaches to the body.

@Technic Gearhead -

Saw that axle, looked a bit like either a partially hidden mini LA since the view only shows it from a side angle, but even a gear to open and close the jaws on the superstructure would be good, just not on the boom itself, it would be real awkward and unrealistic, probably end up tipping it over... :cry_sad:

So how much is it at TRU ? Or do I just need to run over and look for my self. I want this set !!

@skylinedan - don't think its available yet. Its not listed on their website and I checked of the larger stores today in my area and the only things out for 1H are the 42010 & 42011 Cars and the Hovercraft. No sign of the 42006. Wasn't even about to go ask at Cust Svc, TRU's are mobbed this time of year. But, if its not listed, they can't check it on their computers without their 6-digit SKU# listed. I picked up the 42010 Blue Racer today, but called about it late last week and they had no information on that one at that point of time. Somehow I doubt it will be released until 'maybe' and that's a big maybe, January 1, or since its so large and if the trends of the past couple years are correct, this one looks to be a spring release. However, if you see it in your neck of the woods, send me an e-mail, you got my address.

Nice looking set. Very refined. Is it remote controlled?

@Horace T-

According to what I've gleaned from one of the pinned topics at the top of the forum its not that large a set, not as big as I thought it would be. Actually that would be good thing, it will fit on my MOC trailer hooked my 9397, the 8294 fit perfectly with a lot of breathing room, so the 42006 should be a good fit as well if on the same scale. I've heard differing opinions on whether it even has PF elements (at least a battery box and some sort of motor (M would be my guess). So, I guess it would be like motorizing the 8294 to raise/lower the main boom and the shovel in/out, or in this case the booms (since it has 2) and the grappler, but that would leave me thinking the grappler, and 1 thought from another member is that the grappler is utilized by a gear knob somewhere on the model. Just waiting for it to arrive in TRU stores or at S@H.

Edited by TechnicFreak

I called TLG and they said the 42006 Excavator will not be available until sometime in January but no guarantees according to the cust svc rep, so don't know where the Dec. 14 release came from...any more info would be helpful if anybody sees it available, a lot of times TRU has it, but checked stores in my area and none have it or any info on it...

Edited by TechnicFreak