Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Day Three: Don't Ask Me Why

When we last saw Walter, he was running to the gate and sweet freedom. Let's see how that went for him.

8259342247_822c1da216_c.jpg

8259342391_710f23ce29_c.jpg

8260411204_b54e7cd6d0_z.jpg

8260411070_ab09364898_z.jpg

8234239796_18dc8ae963_t.jpg

"Goodness. Bad doggies...I'll get this mess cleaned up and get back to you all in the morning."

The next morning...

"Well, the dogs did't have much to say to Walter. Funny though, I always thought they seemed to get along well."

She sighs, and pulls out a sheet of paper. Looking over it before continuing.

"Based on the search of Walter's room, I'm thinking the
horse blood
found on his clothes might be what made the dogs chase him down yesterday."

8260411342_d69502b224_c.jpg

"Yes, that is correct.
Walter
was a horse murdering
Scum
! Good job the rest of you. However,
Jane
was a loyal member of the
Town
."

She looks around at the crowd gathered, eyeing everyone suspiciously.

"Unfortunately, based on the information we gathered from Walter's room, there is more than one horse killer here. I was hoping we would be done by now, but I have faith you will find the rest of the killers and let the dogs handle them."

Day 3 Starts now.

A game day will last until majority vote is reached up to a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night phase will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night phase.

Due to website issues over the past week, I've decided to keep days open a full 72 hours starting with Day 3. I realize that it's really difficult for a player to get in and participate before a day closes when they don't know if the site will let them in and if the thread will still be open. However, and I can't make this more clear, do not wait for the last minute to participate. The only thing that will extend the 72 hour rule is if the site goes down completely for an extended period. Thanks for your understanding and remember to have fun. :dhappy:

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum must outnumber the Town. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
  3. A game day will last until majority vote is reached up to a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night phase will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night phase.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. You may not quote PMs from other players. Quoting PMs from other players will result in a same-day 3-vote penalty against you for each incident.
  7. Do not play the game outside the day-thread and PMs. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  8. Writeboards will not be used in this game. All communication is to be done in the game day threads and via PM.
  9. If you are dead, your game is over. You may not comment on the game to any living or dead players in any form. This includes posting, private messaging, direct chat, email or any other form of online or offline communication. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. The same applies for living players making contact with those who are no longer playing, no matter what the stated purpose. Both situations can appear to be an attempt to gain information or cause influence that would be unfair to the remaining living players. Whether you are still playing or have already died, if you are contacted inappropriately, please notify the host immediately. Violation of this rule will result in instant mod-kill and probably something worse after the game.
  10. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a 2-vote penalty. This is your only warning.
  11. You must post in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 1-vote penalty at the start of the next day.
  12. You must vote in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 2-vote penalty at the start of the next day.
  13. These rules will not change through the game. Do not pester the host about changing any rules.
  14. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host using your role PM. All other forms of communications will be ignored.

The Host

Julia (Darkdragon)

The Living

8232301613_1f803b2ae5_t.jpg

Oscar (Hinckley)

8233583473_bce11151d6_t.jpg

Wild Dragon (Dragonator)

8234646530_b8bd152088_t.jpg

Dansmith IV (Dannylonglegs)

8233583427_15b1983e22_t.jpg

Patty (DarthPotato)

8234240116_dae86e0271_t.jpg

Carl (CallMePie)

8234240132_3ec669d0da_t.jpg

Dave (Piratedave84)

8233177977_6f55f2d20f_t.jpg

Fred (def)

8232319737_9986abdb27_t.jpg

Cece (Cecilie)

8233177533_0b790855c8_t.jpg

Daisy (Scubacarrot)

8233177659_3b7890311c_t.jpg

Ginny (Captain Genaro)

8233177697_8cdca90101_t.jpg

Tammy (Tamamono)

8234239778_5199153267_t.jpg

Penny (VolcanicPanik)

8231802956_398cce77d6_t.jpg

Shadell (Shadows)

8233177797_5fbc1f176c_t.jpg

Billie (badboytje88)

8233177551_56b94714da_t.jpg

Amy (iamded)

8233177635_9e6c55f5fb_t.jpg

Katie (PsyKater)

8234240030_ab64e8df97_t.jpg

Heather (fhomess)

8233178055_5f1cb6e3ff_t.jpg

Matilda (Zepher)

8234240184_985585a8e2_t.jpg

Sara (TheBoyWonder)

8233178013_4f25fc3399_t.jpg

Jimmy (JimButcher)

8233177855_ceb31d06b2_t.jpg

Mike (Bob)

The Dead

8234240074_5dee1df3e1_t.jpg

Zara (zakura) - Town - Killed Day One

8234239902_a838383e4c_t.jpg

Trisha (TrumpetKing67) - Town - Lynched Day One

8233177739_4897f1049a_t.jpg

Jane (JackJonespaw) - Town - Killed Day Two

8233177923_18a2165f59_t.jpg

Walter (WaterbrickDown) - Scum - Lynched Day Two

No surprise about Walter, but it's interesting that there was no scum kill again... :look: Jailkeeper get lucky again? Or was it something else? Do the scum even have the ability to kill? :wacko: I'd think so, but I seem to remember a comic book I once read in which once the scum killer was lynched, their team no longer had the ability to kill. Could it be that Walter was the killer and they can't kill now?

And it's a shame Jane flipped town, but it's one less lurker to worry about, at least.

Alright, this is good news :sweet:, we were right about Walter. But still no night kill? Has someone managed to block the right person again, or could there be some other reason we are not seeing night kills?

Yes! One scum turned to doggy kibble. :sweet:

Pity about Jane. If what we're seeing in the day is our vig, that's two mistakes, let's be extra careful today. I'm still not sure how we know that isn't the scum or a serial killer, especially since we're not seeing any night kills. I think that's one of the things we need to address today.

For now, let's just be happy we got one right and see if we can learn from it.

The lack of a scum kill is very interesting! I find it doubtful that we could have been lucky twice in a row, could we? The possibility that the scum killing role isn't passed on seems rather odd and I find it unlikely, so I would assume there is some other reason for the lack of kill.

As for Walter, I think we were all pretty convinced of his guilt, so I'm glad to see that result came back to us as expected. Neigh, I love it when justice is served!

Amy do you have any apples for me this morning? :wub:

Oh, good point Shadell! Is it possible that the scum are killing during the day? If so they are choosing odd targets though. :wacko:

Brilliant news about Walter. Maybe now hes gone scum cant kill....

As for today, I wonder if we are going to get another one of these DayKills, maybe they are the way the scum kill.

Nice! I think either it would take a night for the action to turn over, or we have effectively crippled the scum team. Let's hope for the second. :thumbup:

Alright then... perhaps we do have the incredible luck of having a day killer that's a vig? I guess it's a possibility? I was doubtful that God would give the town an unblockable kill... but perhaps that happened, or the vig just held off a second night in a row? Whatever the case, good thing we got one scum, and good thing that we're only down 3 townies for it. At this ratio, we should have a fairly easy time, and still have a nice number of us escape with our lives.

Nothing much more to say on the matter. Let's see what sort of information starts to pour in, and keep an eye on those of us who don't add anything on a regular basis... Penny, I've still got an eye on you.

As for the theory of the day killer being scum... I really find that unlikely. It would be an awfully nice gift to the scum, and I just have to feel like God wouldn't be that generous to them. I at least sure hope that God wouldn't be that generous...

We haven't had a night kill yet and it's day 3. Most of the time the kill passes on to another member of the scum, so it seems wierd. Either the Blocker /Jailkeeper was lucky again, or the doctor got lucky, or they've lost their kill.

Whoo, we were right about Walter. This pretty much confirms the jailkeeper. :sweet:

That's great news about Walter! I hadn't followed his words overly closely, but it's interesting to see his guilt lined up with being uncomfortable with the idea of a lie detector :sadnew:

I really thought it was less than 50/50 that he was scum, since I figured it was more likely the protector chose right than that the blocker/jailkeeper did. All the same, it's great that he was taken out, and we have all the more to work with... Mainly, seeing where Walter steered the conversation and pointed fingers, and pointed away from in the first few days. And I'm sure some other information will be filtering out throughout the day as others' lunch results come in. This is a strong position for town! :sweet:

Great that we caught the first scum now. Even greater that there is no kill of another townie. Other than poor Jane.

That makes me think of two possibilities: Either the daykiller is the scum killer. Or it was another successful block or protection. I am curious to hear who was being blocked tonight. Maybe we can hear a play from someone? Maybe the hedgehog is good in theater? Just suggesting ;)

I'd like to put the idea of a conversion happening last night out there. I think it would be a good night for the scum to convert. Let's assume they can't convert and kill on the same night. Yesterday we successfully lynched who we assumed to be their killer based on who was blocked. Today, with no night kill again, everyone would be eager to lynch whoever was blocked again, since it turned out so well last time. So what if they then chose this night to convert instead? Making us all focus on whoever was blocked instead of worrying about who could have been a good target for conversion?

There's of course many other possibilities for there being no kill once again, but I just wanted to put that thought out there, so we can look carefully today and see if someone is changing their behaviour...

Woho great work you guys! I am sorry I wasn't much of help yesterday. The fact that we have yet to see a night kill kind of troubles me. I think on one of the two nights the killer must have been blocked. Maybe even on both nights. Maybe it has to do something with the lunches. Maybe one or more people have gained a one shot block ability when they eat their lunch. That would complicate this whole ordeal quite a lot.

Or maybe the killer was blocked one night and chose to convert the other night. It's awefull but it is a possibility we should not forget about.

I'd like to put the idea of a conversion happening last night out there. I think it would be a good night for the scum to convert. Let's assume they can't convert and kill on the same night. Yesterday we successfully lynched who we assumed to be their killer based on who was blocked. Today, with no night kill again, everyone would be eager to lynch whoever was blocked again, since it turned out so well last time. So what if they then chose this night to convert instead? Making us all focus on whoever was blocked instead of worrying about who could have been a good target for conversion?

There's of course many other possibilities for there being no kill once again, but I just wanted to put that thought out there, so we can look carefully today and see if someone is changing their behaviour...

I think it is a valid point, I did not think about. I remember a book where a conversion took 2 nights. Is this usual or does a conversion usually take 1 night?

I am currently working on my vote analysis and posting behavior analysis. Now that one scum is lynched, it could be helpful already.

Shame about Jane. I was pretty sure she was scum based off of her response yesterday, but then, so were Oscar and the daykiller apparently. I was unfortunately too late to vote, although I do have the post saved (the day ended right before I could speak up).

I will admit that I was blocked last night, although I am not your killer. All you can do is take my word for it, although the smart thing to do would be to lynch or day kill me today, even though I would prefer to be confirmed town through investigative means. But who has time for that?

Woho great work you guys! I am sorry I wasn't much of help yesterday. The fact that we have yet to see a night kill kind of troubles me. I think on one of the two nights the killer must have been blocked. Maybe even on both nights. Maybe it has to do something with the lunches. Maybe one or more people have gained a one shot block ability when they eat their lunch. That would complicate this whole ordeal quite a lot.

Or maybe the killer was blocked one night and chose to convert the other night. It's awefull but it is a possibility we should not forget about.

For some reason, I find this post totally scummy. Lots of conflicting maybes. Maybe she's just helping out. Maybe she's trying to propose very unlikely things to completely distract from the matter at hand because she's scum. I feel it's the latter. The scumdar is pinging me heavy here.

Shame about Jane. I was pretty sure she was scum based off of her response yesterday, but then, so were Oscar and the daykiller apparently. I was unfortunately too late to vote, although I do have the post saved (the day ended right before I could speak up).

I will admit that I was blocked last night, although I am not your killer. All you can do is take my word for it, although the smart thing to do would be to lynch or day kill me today, even though I would prefer to be confirmed town through investigative means. But who has time for that?

Wow. A pre-emptive argument. It's a smart move, and the townie one. It's fair that you got jailkept, as suspicion was lobbed at you by the for-now town cleared Oscar (led a lynch on a scumbum, works for me). Of course, there is a possibility of a conversion, but we can't vote on the basis of what we don't know.

If you have no crucial town role, than I don't see a great reason not to test the theory of why there was no night kill.

Maybe it has to do something with the lunches. Maybe one or more people have gained a one shot block ability when they eat their lunch. That would complicate this whole ordeal quite a lot.

Maybe this does not make sense, maybe you forgot the the "lunch business" was debunked early enough yesterday by daisy, maybe you will notice that the analysis was confrimed as accurate, maybe you will see that there are no "one-time blocking action"

Here is Daisy's analysis of the lunch situation:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

This is easy to figure out who has what, if we do it like this, if on the following list something is NOT correct, I'm missing some info we already know, please say so:

Choose Steak:

Carl > Steal? Unknown status

Cece > Steal from Penny Choose two, Meat first?

Penny > Stolen by Cece

Patty > Steal? Unknown status

Jane > Steal? Unknown status

Jimmy> Steal? Unknown status

Shadell>Steal? Unknown status

Matilda> Steal? Unknown status

Choose Cake:

Trisha > clue, given to Oscar

Mike> Clue, given to Oscar

Fred> Clue Used on Daisy > Found glasses without glass

Amy> Clue Used on Daisy > Found same as above

Sara> Clue? Unknown status

Zara> DEATH, as far we know not given on

Ginny>Clue? Unknown status

Tammy>Clue? Unknown status

Wild Dragon> Clue? unknown status

Choose Apple:

Daisy > One shot weak watch, used.

Danny the Horse > Unknown action. not steal or clue?

Oscar > Unknown action. not steal or clue? no lunch. Has 2 “clue” lunches

Billie > unknown action, not steal or clue.?

Heather > Unknown action, not steal or clue?

Walter > Unknown action, not steal or clue?

Dave> Said Apple first, not steal or clue?

Maybe you are scum!

Have a nice day!

Katie, why don't you answer the post I wrote about you yesterday first.

For I am still busy to catch all the things up that I have missed. As you have asked so nicely, I have read your statement now (we seem to have a good minute-taker). I have to say that most things you say are true and I have to admit that I have to seem very scummy. You gave me another point of view on me and I will definitely try harder to be helpful. The crap I said before was not helpful, not at all. But tell me one thing: Would it been better if I had remained quiet? I think not, but your reactions tell me others than that.

Here is still plenty of work to do but I will try to answer your questions and all other questions one by one. Meanwhile I try to do my regular analysis stuff, even though I fear it will not fulfil your requirements on being helpful again.

For I am still busy to catch all the things up that I have missed. As you have asked so nicely, I have read your statement now (we seem to have a good minute-taker). I have to say that most things you say are true and I have to admit that I have to seem very scummy. You gave me another point of view on me and I will definitely try harder to be helpful. The crap I said before was not helpful, not at all. But tell me one thing: Would it been better if I had remained quiet? I think not, but your reactions tell me others than that.

Here is still plenty of work to do but I will try to answer your questions and all other questions one by one. Meanwhile I try to do my regular analysis stuff, even though I fear it will not fulfil your requirements on being helpful again.

You say you would have been better off if you would not have said anything? Well, perhaps YOU would, sure. The thing is, scum like to talk as little as possible, but they rarely don't say anything. It's a hard thing to explain for them if they don't say anything. Your in depth response directly to my post would be great.

I know of two people who were blocked last night, both of them high on our suspect list. Notice there was, yet again, no kill. I wonder if the Scum can kill at all? Maybe they're just converting? That's something to consider but if we've blocked the Scum killer both nights, then that is hilarious! :laugh: Ha ha Scummos! You can't kill! :tongue: :tongue:

I've spoken to someone who got an odd result last night that may be evidence the Scum have a bus driver. Has anyone else had their results messed with? Don't come right out and say it! Let someone know who you trust to come forward and tell us.

Pity about Jane. If what we're seeing in the day is our vig, that's two mistakes, let's be extra careful today. I'm still not sure how we know that isn't the scum or a serial killer, especially since we're not seeing any night kills. I think that's one of the things we need to address today.

I don't think it's a pity about Jane. One less lurker who wasn't answering our suspicions makes it easier for us to focus on finding the Scum. Luckily, there were two block targets, both suspects. We can ask politely that the day vig kills one while we lynch the other. Is that a plan?

Yes, I know. That's why I wanted to say that I am here, that I try to follow, but that it is hard for me. I am not leaning back and saying this and that from time to time being scum. I am town and I tried to follow the conversation very close. I know that I am by far not the only one who is not talking in his own language (look at you). But it was/is way more difficult to me than it was before. So I thought I'd say this before I get on somebody's scumdar. If I'd knew that it would laid out as playing a card, I'd remain quiet (regarding my confusion) and concentrated on other thoughts (which I basically did not have - being confused). That would have kept us from discussing if I am scum or not. I hope that I can convince everybody that I am town.

While the day killer still could be the Scum kill, they're choosing the worst targets. Unless there's a day protector, I can't understand why the Scum would go after Zara and Jane, two absent sheep. Then again, maybe they don't know there isn't a day protector. However, I fully believe the Scum would choose better targets. If not, thanks Scum! You're helping us narrow the field.

I think the easier explanation is that the Scum killer (Walter) was blocked on Night One and perhaps we've blocked the killer again on Night Two. Or there was a conversion. Why would we have two Actions that could block (actually three) if the Scum couldn't do anything at night??

I'm suspicious of anyone trying to confuse us by continuing to suggest the Scum are killing during the day. It's not likely.