Sign in to follow this  
zeki

MOD set 4434

A simple MOD giving the truck a bit more realistic look.

I have replaced wheels with begger ones and made new mudguards.

dscn6701.jpg

Vehicle is a bit offset if we look at a height - width ratio.

dscn6702.jpg

Back wiew, new mudgards with tail lights.

dscn6705.jpg

And a pic tiwh a lifted ?dumper?.

dscn6706.jpg

Have a nice day!

Nice wheel change on this truck.....though perhaps expanding the width one more stud might not make it look top heavy. But still I like it.....very realistic particularly the cab high in respect to the wheel size. :wink:

Brick On Truck On 'zeki' ! :sweet:

A simple MOD giving the truck a bit more realistic look.

No, I've never seen a truck with wheels/tyres taking up 2/3 of the width. I think the original is just super as it is

TLG have really nailed those 6 wide vehicles to a perfection .. if they could just do the same with the 4 wide (loose those modguards and those terrible big balloon tyres, please - allthough the latest VW bus in the 4207 set was just about perfect) I'd be happy :classic:

Imho, that is :wink:

Then I'll disagree with the last poster - I think it looks much better the way you've designed it, zeki! It's true that it does look a bit strange when the front wheels are that wide, but that might be possible to fix by using some 1-wide wheels instead of those 2-wide ones. Apart from that, it's a very nice job.

I agree that the front wheels are too wide (maybe replacement with narrower tires is in place), but the rear tires seem fire, as most of trucks have double tires at back, some spanning over 50% of entire truck width.

As for expanding the truck, it is an option but getting the right windscreen and parts for making a seven (or five) stud vehicle is hard and those kind of cars cost a lot more money.

@1974 - I have made some modification to the classic 4 wide car design - i haven't got lose of the mudgard design (as it gives them very modern look IMHO, but i have replaced the tires, pictures are soon to come)