K.Kreations

Dark Forest Fortress

Hello members of the 4 guilds of Historica. I have been in-active in the guilds for a while, but while I've been gone I've gotten better. :D

Here is my latest build for CCCX, the Classic Set Reimagined category. I chose the largest set in the Dark Forest theme. I had a blast building it and it fits perfectly into the mystical forests of Avalonia.

8243257410_44690ca63f.jpg

CCCX Dark Forest Fortress by K.Kreations, on Flickr]

8243260518_0d8dee5d14.jpg

Dark Forest Detail #1 by K.Kreations, on Flickr]

8242191673_3d60f32d47.jpg

Dark Forest Detail #2 by K.Kreations, on Flickr]

8242190775_0e4ecf51fb.jpg

Dark Forest Detail:Mushrooms, Hidden Shrine by K.Kreations, on Flickr]

I'm glad to be back! C&C are always welcome. -Kyle

A nice build and definitely a fitting fortress for ths band of forestmen. I especially like that their fallen comrades get shrines to honour them :thumbup:

As a comment on Flickr already suggests, though, I'd place some bricks behind the slopes making up the rock, grass and part of the wooden wall to prevent light shining through the back. The way it is now it looks like there are some holes all over the place :look:

Looks great! :thumbup: Love the statues and the way the fort comes straight out of the tree! In general, nice blending of the various elements (grass, pathway, rockwork), but the section right next to the giant... crossbow (fantastic by the way!), seems a bit to abrubt as far as the trasition between rock and grass. :look: Just a small nitpick though, really fantastic work!

That is awesome. Nice woodwork/tree structure. I wish I would have known about that contest before all of these great posts. I love seeing the remakes of the Forestmen sets. Very creative. I love the spear-shooter. A historic version of a flick-fire missile.

Keep up the good work.

A stunning build :wub: The only thing that really bothers me is the gap under the roof of the building with the shield.

Great to see you here again :classic:

Such detail! Do I spy a neck ruffle in one of those mushrooms? And that tile with the spider. I could go on and on. I don't know about your competition over at CC (haven't been in quite a while), but you should be in the top of your category.

Oh boy this moc is so avalonian, fantastic.

Well done. I love the wooden wall and tower. :wub:

That is just gorgeous. It makes me want to Bricklink some Forestmen. This is gorgeous and I would love to see more.

Now if only someone could make a Forestmen area designed like Lego Racers' (1) Dark Forest Dash...

Edited by Penkid11

Wow, great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like how you made the grass and all of this MOC :wub_drool:

So much great stuff there, love it! Only thing that I don't like is that hill of green slopes. It doesn't feel natural. Other than that: Brilliant!

This is an excellent build! I love seeing new forestmen builds, and you've done a great job with this. The wooden fortress is great, and the rock and grass work are well done as well. Great build!