quentinfarquar

Winter Village my first MOC...

indexed.gif Layout

This is my first attempt at a lego model in adult life. I would be keen to add a train and a tunnel, but the brick costs were getting out of hand. Let me know your thoughts. I generally just collect minifigs and a few starwars bits. I am keen to try and do some more custom building thou.

winter1.jpg

winter2.jpg

winter3.jpg

winter4.jpg

winter5.jpg

Edited by Phred
Deep-linked over-sized images. 800x600 max!

Very nice layout.....but it's not a MOC though 'quentinfarquar' ! :wink:

Brick On ! :classic:

How is it not a MOC? the Builder created an entire detailed snowy base for the Winter Village sets, that makes it a MOC in my eyes.

Its the same as people making a street to compliment the Modular building line too.

I say its wonderfully done and a great home Christmas Village scene. :thumbup:

what a MOC then? I have no idea?

It's My Own Creation.

I think its a neat looking landscape. I kind of have to agree with LT, but I also agree with Polish. I'm torn. :sadnew: Typically, when in think of "MOC" I think of a vehicle, building, robot, that kind of thing. At the same time, building landscapes is just as important to many MOC buildings, so who's to say.

Enough rambling. It fealty is a great landscape, very fitting for the Winter Village sets. I like their placement as well. Adding all the accompanying bits and people really fills out the area nicely. Great job! Regardless of what it's called. :thumbup:

I think it looks great, and I think you could call it an MOC. But looking at the photos is making me a bit dizzy for some reason. Were any special effects used on the camera settings?

One thing I really like is that the edges of the snow around the road/path are uneven. Clearly you live in an area that gets snow, quite realistic! One thing I'm having a hard time figuring out is the change in elevation. Are there steps in the bricks that I'm having a hard time seeing, or did you use plates on an angle with some type of hinge underneath?

That hillside road is definitely not a factory set, excellent creation quentinfarquar! I really like landscape you built for the sets, It looks great altogether. Too bad the plow is going to take away the skiers slope! :classic:

YESSS...that is how it is done...that's how i like it...the original sets, in combination with home-made Lego-landscaping....really well done!! The new cottage is perfect on that hill...now it becomes clear why the cottage has such a dump of snow on the roof... that's why it is on top of a mountain !!!!

Thank for posting.. it makes me want to expand my wintervillage too!!!

8228272244_3181d3a0b0.jpg

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Great layout! All the elements have a nice position, and the hill is fantastic!

Most people will do only a flat layout, so the hill makes it special.

This is my first attempt at a lego model in adult life.

Please restrict your image size to a maximum of 800 x 600 pixels (per the Site Guidelines). Thanks.

This is perfect. Those sets look beautiful together, and you've done an amazing job with the landscaping. Having the much larger cottage separated from the other three was a good idea, and creating your own streets instead of roadplates really helps. I could easily see this in a window display. Good job!

I wanted to build something with a ski slope, and really wanted it to be viewed from 2 sides. I would like to take the slope higher and include a tunnel really, but buying all bricks new was getting a bit out of control. Maybe next year!!!

I have 3 daughters so this was a good way of getting them involved.

Anyone know where I can source some more of those ropes, to make some more light strings.

EB Member Guidelines state: Don't post images that are over 800x600. Images rarely need to be over 640x480.

Your over-sized images have been deep-linked. Feel free to repost your images after they've been down-sized.

I have saved then down now.

Thank you. I've edited you first post for the pictures to be posted again. Just so you know, you also could have edited your first post. :wink:

Is that a fireplace in the background? If so, appropriately you have placed your GREAT Winter Village layout in front of it. Now go stoke up the fire and get a hot cocoa and enjoy ur layout! :laugh:

I like the busy-ness of the layout! everybody seems to be having fun there!