Captain Roger

Fake LEGO pirates : general discussion

well, i think we could put in a topic all fake lego pirate sets we find in the Net...it would be interesting to see the positive and negative things of that imitations, and see more pirate sets and minifigs...

Fake Skull island: http://www.a-k-shop.com/e/0149.htm

Good points:

0149-17.jpg

brilliant weapons and yellow parrot

0149-6.jpg

brown bandana

Bad points:

0149-5.jpg

Soldiers look terrible and haven't epaulettes

0149-2.jpg

Cannon looks bad and some pirates have necknails *n*

Fake imperial outpost: http://www.a-k-shop.com/e/0044.htm

Good points: there aren't

Bad points:

0044.jpg

Awful minifigs

Chinese ship with european pirates: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pirate-Caribbean-Ship-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Good points:

pirate_f_800.jpg

Cool captain...brilliant weapons

Bad points: awful ship...european pirates don't work with a chinese ship

Well, if you see more fake pirates, post them here :)

We already have a couple of threads on this topic, is there really a need to start another or can we just use one of the existing threads?

you are harsh with me phes...i know there are lots of topics about that fake products...but there aren't a recopilation of fake pirate sets...i am trying to do a recopilation

I'm not being harsh, I'm just asking a simple question in the interest of housekeeping this forum. Its my job you see.

I'll leave the thread as it is but if it doesn't attract a decent response then I'll merge it with one of the existing threads. So it will be up to the users of the Pirate forum to decide on its fate.

All these "Fake sets threads" should be merged so it's all in one convienent place, and that there isn't to much clutter of these things about.

ImperialScouts' response is exactly the kind I was expecting.

However after reading Captain Roger's subsequent posts , what I believe he is attempting to achieve is a compilation of pictures of every single "knock off" we find online, identifying their strong and weak points. Although the name he chose for this thread and his first post don't make this really clear.

I think the idea has merit but it would take dedication to make this thread work and are there any users who really want to add images from every knock off there is online?

Brickshelf Folders with many images in them get quite difficult to manage, but yes a dedicated Brickshelf account with an efficient folder structure might be the way to go.

Then we could just copy & paste a link to the thumbnail of each folder into the first post of the thread, then use the image as link back to the folder.

Only problem is that takes time and a degree of dedication.

We could call the Brickshelf account "The evil knock-off" chamber X-D . But I see, through MisterPhes' explanation in post #6, captain roger's idea.

ImperialScouts' response is exactly the kind I was expecting.

However after reading Captain Roger's subsequent posts , what I believe he is attempting to achieve is a compilation of pictures of every single "knock off" we find online, identifying their strong and weak points. Although the name he chose for this thread and his first post don't make this really clear.

I think the idea has merit but it would take dedication to make this thread work and are there any users who really want to add images from every knock off there is online?

Yes you are rigt phes...that's my idea...

That's fair enough then, but who is going to be dedicated enough to set this up and keep it updated?

Its not easy to dedicate oneself to projects like this in the longterm.

be sure if i see more fake pirates i'll post them in that topic...i am a pirate, but i am faithful to my promises

Interestingly enough I saw a market stall selling Brickos in Maryborough, Australia (it's a small town north of Brisbane), where I live (for the moment).

They had an exact copy of the Black Seas Barracuda for sale for $AU68, that's about $US55.

CM

But by judging the box art what of quality of this "exact copy" Mr Assamite?

Did it look satisfactory or really tacky?

But by judging the box art what of quality of this "exact copy" Mr Assamite?

Did it look satisfactory or really tacky?

Didn't want to go near the thing. (BRICKOS make Baby Jesus cry!) Since they used the same box art, it was hard to tell. Would have to open it to find out I'll guess. If it's still there next Trusday I'll do a recon for you.

CM

be sure if i see more fake pirates i'll post them in that topic...i am a pirate, but i am faithful to my promises

I've been seeing this imitation brands appearing on eBay listings every day yet the first post of this thread hasn't seem to of grown... At all...

Ok, Phes...I don't usually see ebay because i am happy with my actual pirate sets, only i miss EF...but i am going to put here new sets after searching something in eBay:

rare pirate tower(inspired in an Imperial armada set):

200a_1.JPG

Good points: nothing...a simple set wothout nothing interesting

Bad Points: the yellow circle on the palm is silly

Lego pirate and ccastle sets:

bbbe_1.JPG

Good points: yellow parrot...but isn't a new good point because we saw it in the fake skull island

Bad points: all...soldier without eppaulettes and all sets are an exact copy of original lego sets

Fake Islanders prison

8fd5_1.JPG

Good points: the indigo islander minifig is a cool imitation

Bad points: the pirate is pathetic. the set is an exact copy

Pirate raft sailboat:

3d87_1.JPG

Good points: the cup

Bad points: as usually, a bad copy...sometimes that copies have cool accesories...but in that set is only a cup

Ok, Phes...I don't usually see ebay because i am happy with my actual pirate sets

So if you don't regularly use eBay then where are you going to regularly obtain pictures of these fake sets in order to keep this thread up-to-date?

Wow, one can see the discrepancy in quality just by looking at the pictures.

The brightness of the colour is always weird with these things. Like looking at lego under halogen lights with a hangover.

CM

No one's awnsered my question yet!

What Are NECK NAILS?!?!?

I searched Google, but all i got was links for dirty sites :S .