Sign in to follow this  
mattb483

Classic 1980's castle diorama

My old post got deleted with the fourm crash so i'll post again. I have put together some old classic sets such as sets, 6022 Horse Cart, 6041 Armor Shop, 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress, and 6085 Black Monarch's Castle. Also i have built some sets from the 90's Lego idea book to add to the village. In this diorama i brought back something some of us AFOL's remember, was Legos set catologs that would show all the sets for the year. In the center would always be all the sets togther and one big epic battle! So to recreate these scenes i bought some orange poster board, painted some tan for the ground and made a foam mountain, and here you have it a classic castle scene from the 80's enjoy!

The overview of the village

classic11.jpg

Moving in for the attack...

classic10.jpg

the daily formation

classic6.jpg

Forest ambush

classic4.jpg

The sharpshooter moves into position.

classic2.jpg

Workin on the ol' farm

classic12.jpg

Another view of the farm

classic1.jpg

Well hoped you enjoyed for more pictures check out my brickshelf here

Very cool! The only thing that could make this better were if the landscape was in bricks. It's completely understandable that it's not, it's tough to do. I love what you have there though, definitely reminds me of the old catalog pictures. :thumbup:

Very nice. Definitely brings back memories, I've been meaning to try to replicate the old tan ground and orange sky in my own 80's reconstructions for a while but haven't quite got around to purchasing the requisite pieces of card. My own suspicions are that the photo team at Lego used backlit cloths rather than card as evidenced by the way the haziness of the sun.

Raiding the ideas book is alway fun, I'd been eying up that little yellow building for recreation myself.

That is awesome. I love (miss) that time of LEGO. I should dig out all of my old sets and get them cleaned up appropriately. I want to rebuild my old Forestmen buildings sometime.

Keep up the good work. It was brilliant!

I love the throwback to classic Castle. Ah... Black Monarch's Castle - one of my favorites! I always loved how they had these scenes in the catalogs. I miss those.

Seeing this classic simplistic set-up, simply made my day! Thanks for re-sharing! It is really very nicely done up in this arrangement. I hope to do something like yours, one day.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback, it was alot of fun to create! I hope to make a few more of these with some different sets.

Wow what a great nostalgic feeling! I like the fact that you didnĀ“t built the the landscape in bricks. TLG used similar landscpaes in their catalogues and I always wanted to have those! :classic:

The minifig posing is excellent!