moschino

LEGO 6285 Black Seas Barracuda Wallpaper - in sizes upto 2560 x 1600

Hello Classic Pirates fans, and especially Black Seas Barracuda or Dark Shark fans,

For many times I wanted to look at this magnificent set on my monitor, and I always wanted to see it hi-res.

Considering this is the only available image with the official display of this set:

6285-1.jpg

I think we definitely need an update.

When this image was initially scanned, it was good, because at that time could fit our screen width, but in 2012 (2013 coming soon), it's hard to look at a picture with a resolution of only 690x485 pixels.

Yesterday I finished working on this, and I succeeded into make this picture at much higher resolutions up to monitors with a width of 2560.

bsb_4-3_1024.jpg

Here is a list of images and wallpapers with this set for all aspect ratios, 4:3, 5:4, 16:9 and 16:10.

Click on it, and you will be redirected to the image.

4:3 - 1024 x 768

4:3 - 1600 x 1200

5:4 - 1280 x 1024

16:9 - 1365 x 768

16:9 - 1920 x 1080

16:9 - 2560 x 1440

16:10 - 1280 x 800

16:10 - 1440 x 900

16:10 - 1680 x 1050

16:10 - 1920 x 1200

16:10 - 2560 x 1600

Enjoy!

Edited by moschino

Be interesting to see how the higher resolutions turned out but nobody will be seeing anything until the Brickshelf folder is moderated.

It would have been better to post deep links to the images, like this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/moschino/Pirates/bsb_4-3_1024.jpg

Instead of:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5688524

Be interesting to see how the higher resolutions turned out but nobody will be seeing anything until the Brickshelf folder is moderated.

It would have been better to post deep links to the images, like this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/moschino/Pirates/bsb_4-3_1024.jpg

Instead of:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5688524

Sorry, these were my first uploads to Brickshelf.

I think the problem has been solved.

Let me know if the images still can't be seen.

I have had success at viewing 16:10 - 2560 x 1600.

That's quite impressive - how were you able to upscale the image so much without distortion?

I used a professional photo studio to catch the box of Black Seas Barracuda.

Fortunately the box is still in good conditions, so I could do it.

Then I digitally edited the image to correct the potential barrel/pincushion distorsion.

I think this is the best we can get unless Lego Group will use a professional scanner to scan the original photographic film made in 1988-1989.

However, I doub't they'll bother to do it...

I would do the same for 6286 (Skull's Eye Schooner / The Black Skull), but unfortunately I don't have the box and I don't even find it on eBay or Bricklink.

I may get the box among the set itself, but considering I already have the ship, I don't really mind to pay $200-300 to get another SES with the Box.

Maybe if I pay enough attention, I'll catch the box (only) during the next year.

I used a professional photo studio to catch the box of Black Seas Barracuda.

Are a student or did you hire one or something?

I think this is the best we can get unless Lego Group will use a professional scanner to scan the original photographic film made in 1988-1989.

However, I doub't they'll bother to do it...

There is no profit in doing so and thus highly unlikely.

Are a student or did you hire one or something?

No and no... me, among two other friends we've got our own photo studio.

Photography is not our main job, but from time to time is more than a hobby.

I have big wishes regarding Lego and professional photography, but unfortunately there are lots of obstacles I have to pass.

I have in mind to attempt into make some scenes such as:

Pirates-1990-2.jpg

or this:

023.jpg

Firstly I need a space to dedicate it for this because I'm not going to sacrifice my living room for a week, then destruct such magnificent scenes.

Then I need to find a method how to create the water and the ground.

This is what I'm currently researching and I try to focus on the ground used on exhibits in museums.

It may take one year, maybe even more... but nothing is too much as long as you do it with pleasure.

Edited by moschino

No and no... me, among two other friends we've got our own photo studio.

Photography is not our main job, but from time to time is more than a hobby.

What is your main job? It seems rather elaborate to have a photography studio without being a full time photographer. :pir-classic:

Firstly I need a space to dedicate it for this because I'm not going to sacrifice my living room for a week, then destruct such magnificent scenes.

Then I need to find a method how to create the water and the ground.

This is quite an undertaking, but it would be awesome if you succeeded.

Many AFOLs prefer the old style dioramas the LEGO Group created for the original Classic Pirate catalogue pages.

So you could possibly create backgrounds without the sets as there seems to be a demand those.

It may take one year, maybe even more... but nothing is too much as long as you do it with pleasure.

Absolutely, if you enjoy doing it, it can be an investment in your lifestyle. :thumbup:

This is awesome and I think it will please many Classic-Pirates fans. Thanks for doing this! There's one for my resolution (1920x1080) so I am totally going to use it as a wallpaper. :grin:

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Wow, these are great!

Please continue to upload as many as you have in as high of resolution as you can. I love them!!!

What is your main job? It seems rather elaborate to have a photography studio without being a full time photographer. :pir-classic:

Very true, but when this is a passion for more than a decade, it's worth even if you don't earn your living from it.

Behind appearances, when you love something, you tend to refuse to sell yourself for a number of coins.

Having a photographic studio, you can easily make money by making ID photos, but when you love photography you won't use your photo camera in such purposes because you'll feel guilty inside of your soul.

Of course, you can make money by doing photography at a high level, but in the world we live it's not that easy to reach the top of the pyramid.

The competition is fierce and the promotions are not always made fairly.

My main job is in Digital Design of all kind excepting flash animations.

I'm happy to see people enjoying BSB's Wallpapers as I'm happy to see Classic-Pirates fans still interested in this wonderful series of Lego

*Happy sigh* This takes me back.

I can't thank you enough for posting a high-resolution version of this. My fascination with LEGO always started with their gorgeous artwork/photography. There never was a faster way to jump into the world of pirates than through the front of a LEGO box.