Kayne

Citadel of the Moon-Withered Woods

After the battle with Revolword's Elemental at Starbowl, Saladus and Kha return to The Citadel of the Moon in the Withered Woods.

8235647269_8f267a6d84.jpg

Citadel Background by Kayne_, on Flickr

Though Starbowl was saved, Kha's sister and Saladus' wife Aran-Salath was lost...

8235648451_ee7d263b82.jpg

Citadel7 by Kayne_, on Flickr

8236715774_ac9e4bac43.jpg

Citadel5 by Kayne_, on Flickr

Saladus is inconsolable as expected and has sworn to become the Black Wind. In the culture of the Aridesti Elves, when a lifemate is lost the men often become the Black Wind. Their identity is gone, and the only purpose left to them is justice, often filled with vengeance.

8235649977_1cee1ae76b.jpg

Citadel4 by Kayne_, on Flickr

8235650861_01f9c6b1ce.jpg

Citadel2 by Kayne_, on Flickr

This build went on way too long! I started in August, and shortly after my wife suffered some serious medical issues. In that time, I spent almost 0 time building and that lasted for almost 2 months. But now, she is on the mend and I could finish!

Here is the set on Flickr if you want more pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkenrahl_17/sets/72157632149960148/with/8235650861/

You did a great job! It looks really detailed :classic: , my favourite part is the entrance, where those cool looking guards are and those awesome swords!

Simply beautiful. It is a perfect mixture of graceful elvish architecture and strong defensive measures. The tree is a fantastic touch, and the small rock outcrop looks great too. WOnderful work. :thumbup:

Gorgeous! I absolutely love the curved side. All the water detailing is nice as well. Excellent job!

Excellent MOC, great story. Worth the wait, and that wall flows so well. I like that the tower is in there seamlessly, really a master crafted fortress! Great job here.

This is stunning, with a lot of excellent details! :wub: I love how you have framed the windows, the tan highlights below them and the balcony on the large curved part of the building. The tree looks great too.

great job! also good to hear your wife is recovering!

Keep it up!

~Legonardo

A very impressive fortress! The curves, towers, and trees are my favorite bits :thumbup: The plate roof looks a little messy compared to the slopes in my opinion but roofing angles is never easy.

Glad to hear your wife is getting better :classic:

Wow, great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the roud shape of this MOC :wink:

Simply stunning! Love the water, curved wall, and pretty much everything!

Hope your wife continues to heal!

Oh Wonderfull. The curved wall is great in both large and small details, and the castel in general feels like it was built one battlement at a time.

Excellent job! I really like the curve of the wall and the accent colors. And that tree in the back is well done as well! :thumbup:

Great job! I love the entrance to the bigger section of the castle especially, :thumbup: and the vines are a great touch! Love the smoothness of the water as well! Nice use for that viking sheild and good work with the detailing!

Great to hear that your wife is getting better too!

Really, really like this. Great job on the curved wall especially; it's got a nice design, and I like that upper cloistered balcony a lot. I like the double facet brick look on the smaller tower's corners. Good rockwork too. It made me realize that too often I only vary my rockwork in one dimension instead of two, i.e. my slopes all run in the same direction. You've got most of them sloped away from the citadel, but also some are sloped across the the main fall line. It's a nice effect, and I'll have to remember it next time I do rockwork.

Thank you for all the comments, and well wishes!

It made me realize that too often I only vary my rockwork in one dimension instead of two, i.e. my slopes all run in the same direction. You've got most of them sloped away from the citadel, but also some are sloped across the the main fall line.

I think I usually do too, but the curve made me think more and adjust my style. I agree that it worked, and I will also need to incorporate more!

The plate roof looks a little messy compared to the slopes in my opinion but roofing angles is never easy.

That stupid roof.....I built about 10 different roofs for that curved part and just could not settle on one in which I was happy. I settled with that one, because it covered the best. But, of course I had to deal with studs then :sceptic:

That stupid roof.....I built about 10 different roofs for that curved part and just could not settle on one in which I was happy. I settled with that one, because it covered the best. But, of course I had to deal with studs then :sceptic:

I really like the roof, I know how hard it is going round! About the studs, they aren't bothering me at all. Sometimes I think it adds to the build, like in this case!

First of all, glad to hear about your wife! :thumbup:

And now to the moc! I really like this! Love the curved wall with the archway above! The roof is very nice and I know how hard it is to make a nice looking roof on a curved section! The arrow slits combined with those high arches on the great tower is so good lokking and something that I have to borrow! :wub:

I was really looking forward to this build, since the first time I heard you talking about it :D

But then I had to much work myself and could not check EB properly, so I completely missed this :(

It's a really beautifull Citadel that is looking extremely powerfull! So excellent job :)