Here's my entry to the Varlyrio challenge. Inspired by de Gothia, MikeyB, and everyone else who has built in Varlyrio.

This was a ton of fun to build and I hope you like it :classic:

8235245244_12d2b90f48_b.jpg

8235245578_a6f24a54d4_b.jpg

8234183645_0fc6a9ca1a_b.jpg

All C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Wow! Those buildings are perfect! Some great details! The only thing I don't like is the water. It looks plain compared to the rest of the MOC. Maybe loose round 1x1s would look better? :thumbup:

Great job! (As usual though, I had to go to your Flickr... ) I especially like the slopes down to the waters edge! :thumbup: Like the expressions on the pair up on top of the blue house :laugh: , nice interior as well! :thumbup:

Nice job! I really like the ramp and the small gondola! The bridges are a nice touch as they are of different design than the other entries! Nice job! :thumbup:

These buildings are beautiful. :wub: The detailing on the blue and grey one is just superb, particularly how you have framed the windows and the arches for the walkway. I also like how you have done the bridge and the way the base is cut out to show the water.

The wedding proposal is also a nice touch!

Oooh. I really like the stone supports on each of the buildings. It looks very realistic. It was a wonderful MOC. Great Job SK.

Wow! Those buildings are perfect! Some great details! The only thing I don't like is the water. It looks plain compared to the rest of the MOC. Maybe loose round 1x1s would look better? :thumbup:

Thanks, it took a little experimentation to get the buildings to have the Varlyrio feel, as to the water most canals are still water so I didn't think looses 1x1s would work well :classic:

Great job! (As usual though, I had to go to your Flickr... ) I especially like the slopes down to the waters edge! :thumbup: Like the expressions on the pair up on top of the blue house :laugh: , nice interior as well! :thumbup:

Thanks, I thought those faces worked perfectly for the situation :laugh: I'm looking into getting a different web host so hopefully you and the few others who can't now will be able to see the pics :classic:

Nice job! I really like the ramp and the small gondola! The bridges are a nice touch as they are of different design than the other entries! Nice job! :thumbup:

Thanks! I wanted to make the gondola as small as possible and still be recognizable and I wanted the bridge to be peaked high so boats could slide underneath :classic:

Looks great :classic: . Everybody in your build looks so fancy! :laugh:

Thanks, take a look at the other Varlyrio builds, my figs aren't even near the fanciest :laugh:

These buildings are beautiful. :wub: The detailing on the blue and grey one is just superb, particularly how you have framed the windows and the arches for the walkway. I also like how you have done the bridge and the way the base is cut out to show the water.

The wedding proposal is also a nice touch!

Thanks, I was really happy with the buildings, and I was digging through my minifig accesory box when I saw the ring and thought that would be a nice detail :classic:

Oooh. I really like the stone supports on each of the buildings. It looks very realistic. It was a wonderful MOC. Great Job SK.

Thanks!

Looks great! I realy get a feel of Venice! The canal is really narrow which is like alot! Well done!!

A proposal, big win! :wub: And indeed great job on using the slopes to the water.

Thanks Ecclesiastes, I thought it was a fun touch :classic:

Looks great! I realy get a feel of Venice! The canal is really narrow which is like alot! Well done!!

Thanks! Guess I'll have to look at some pictures of Venice, I got a similar comment on another forum :laugh:

Can't say I've ever seen a proposal with the guy doing the splits... :oh: that man gets points for originality! :tongue:

The tile sidewalk and the little boat are the winners here for me. For some reason the powder blue on light bley isn't working to my eye though; it might be one of those "better in real life" things.

Can't say I've ever seen a proposal with the guy doing the splits... :oh: that man gets points for originality! :tongue:

The tile sidewalk and the little boat are the winners here for me. For some reason the powder blue on light bley isn't working to my eye though; it might be one of those "better in real life" things.

:laugh: Thanks :laugh:

I like how Valyrio mocs looks, this one is not the exception.

Good job. Soccerkid6.

I like how Valyrio mocs looks, this one is not the exception.

Good job. Soccerkid6.

Thanks! I've been enjoying all the Varlyrio builds too :classic:

Nice one soccerkid, really like your interiors and the minifig posing! It's fun to see how this fifth guild is evolving!!

Nice one soccerkid, really like your interiors and the minifig posing! It's fun to see how this fifth guild is evolving!!

Thanks kabel, looking forward to seeing your next Varlyrio build completed :classic: