Erdbeereis

The Future of Star Wars Contest

If there are many people struggling to finish, we may extend the deadline, but everyone should try to finish as soon as they can. :classic:

I don't know if there really is a deadline problem... But it's strange noone posted his/her entry. Maybe they don't want to be the first to post :wink:

I'll post mine as soon as it's finished and the photo editing is done.

No, why would you extend the deadline? It was clear enough. The people who put in the effort in the set time deserve the chance for the prize. Period.

There are still a couple weeks left. Most people are generally probably busy like me, but on schedule to finish. I'm expecting to see a lot of entries in the last week or so. For this grand prize most people probably want to make it good as possible.

If there are many people struggling to finish, we may extend the deadline, but everyone should try to finish as soon as they can. :classic:

I wouldn't mind a extended deadline, the only time I have for it now is 27 januari, and to make it better/ready, I would like a bit extra.

but if very many don't like that, then de deadline is fine. (or if ACPin says he can't reach the deadline :wink: )

We aren't planning to extend it at this point, and probably won't. I was just saying that it is a possibility, since we have quite a few prizes and we would like to have at least one entry per prize so that we don't have extras.

A quick question:

If an entry has a power source, does it have to be part of the structure (i.e. within the 16x16 studs) to comply with the rules of the small category?.....I don't want to be disqualified for a technic(al!) breach.

Ideally it would be good to run a few connectors from the main 16x16 structure to the battery box, so that I can keep the photos neat & tidy.

Cheers, Robin :classic:

I wouldn't mind a extended deadline, the only time I have for it now is 27 januari, and to make it better/ready, I would like a bit extra.

but if very many don't like that, then de deadline is fine. (or if ACPin says he can't reach the deadline :wink: )

Mine would be done by next weekend or earlier as I have a half-marathon race to do on Jan 27.

We aren't planning to extend it at this point, and probably won't. I was just saying that it is a possibility, since we have quite a few prizes and we would like to have at least one entry per prize so that we don't have extras.

There's been plenty of time to build for this contest so I'm presuming a lot of entries would be submitted during the last week.

AC

A quick question:

If an entry has a power source, does it have to be part of the structure (i.e. within the 16x16 studs) to comply with the rules of the small category?.....I don't want to be disqualified for a technic(al!) breach.

Ideally it would be good to run a few connectors from the main 16x16 structure to the battery box, so that I can keep the photos neat & tidy.

Cheers, Robin :classic:

You do have that 4-stud overhang to work with, otherwise I'm going to say that everything you want to present as part of the entry needs to be within the size limitations. (for example, you could leave the battery box out, but you'd have to present the contest entry as being unpowered or powered by some gear that you turn with your hand instead, and then after the contest is over you could present the whole thing in the main Star Wars forum with the battery box outside the size limitations)

Heya, so no photoshopping your entry a little :look: ?

Adjustments to brightness and contrast, cleaning up the background, reducing noise and other photo touch-ups like that are okay. Using Photoshop to alter the physical model itself - changing the color or shape of bricks, applying digital decals, removing or adding bricks to the model using Photoshop, etc. - is not allowed.

I would expect a flood of entries at the last second so they can be "fresh" in the voter's minds. At least, that is what I would do if I was building one. With that said, maybe I should start building :tongue: . If there really are only a few entries, then I may finally win something on EB! J/k...

You do have that 4-stud overhang to work with, otherwise I'm going to say that everything you want to present as part of the entry needs to be within the size limitations. (for example, you could leave the battery box out, but you'd have to present the contest entry as being unpowered or powered by some gear that you turn with your hand instead, and then after the contest is over you could present the whole thing in the main Star Wars forum with the battery box outside the size limitations)

Hi Doc, thanks for clarifying this, I should be able to hide it without too much difficulty! :classic:

Hey,

Is it fine to use digital backdrops for our creations? Like this for example:

24.jpg

Cheers.

Hey,

Is it fine to use digital backdrops for our creations? Like this for example:

[snip]

Cheers.

Yes, that'd be fine, since you're not modifying the physical bricks themselves, just the background.

Ok, maybe no one is interested in this... but... I've just read that the director will be J.J. Abrams! I mean J.J. Abrams!!! He was able to make Star Trek an enjoyable franchise! What will he do? It's amazing news!

[Ok guys, sorry for the OT]

I take it that this is also the entry thread?

No, you should post your entry as its own topic in this subforum. (see also the specific details in the first post on naming the topic)

Man, I completely slept on this contest, guess I need to check the Junkyard more. So many awesome entries, voting is going to be a pain!

Ok, maybe no one is interested in this... but... I've just read that the director will be J.J. Abrams! I mean J.J. Abrams!!! He was able to make Star Trek an enjoyable franchise! What will he do? It's amazing news!

[Ok guys, sorry for the OT]

So if JJ Abrams is the "future of Star Wars", are we required allowed to photoshop a lens flare into our entry photo? :D