Erdbeereis

The Future of Star Wars Contest

There was nothing said about photo sizes when posted on Eurobricks, no photo size limitations?

Your entry topic does have to follow the guidelines for posting on EB, so photos are limited to a maximum size of 800px by 600px.

Can I post a topic for the small category and large category, and choose after the deadline in which category I want to participate, so I can look at my competitors?

or if that's not possible before the deadline decide in what category I like to participate?

You must declare which category you are entering beforehand. Otherwise, we could have trouble if a lot of people switch their categories last-minute. We want to make sure the entries are spread at least somewhat evenly, and that the contest is as fair as possible. :classic:

I'm preparing my build with LDD, and for each brick I add to the model, I look at my SSD in construction on my desk thinking "Oh my god I'll have to unbuild it!" :cry_happy:

That is certainly fine. You might want to not put every picture with a digital background though, so as to not distract too much from the MOC.

Is it allowed to use stickers from sets on different pieces, or to make custom stickers or to paint pieces?

Is it allowed to use stickers from sets on different pieces, or to make custom stickers or to paint pieces?

Decals, custom or official, are allowed. Painting is not allowed; that would be modifying a piece. (by changing its color with a method other than a decal; using a decal is specifically stated in the rules to be allowed)

Can we submit an half entry? :innocent:

I've pillaged my SSD, but I miss some plates and there is that big slope of which I have 3, and I need 4 of them... :hmpf_bad:

Can we submit an half entry? :innocent:

I've pillaged my SSD, but I miss some plates and there is that big slope of which I have 3, and I need 4 of them... :hmpf_bad:

I'm not sure how you would submit half an entry, but you could make it battle-damaged...

I'm not sure how you would submit half an entry, but you could make it battle-damaged...

I choose to build a "vertical" ship with symmetric sides... and I finished one side and miss some bricks to finish the other side... I could have taken pictures only of the finished side :classic:

The battle damaged idea don't really work as it's a civilian ship, so it won't fit with the backstory.

I'll try to go with asymmetrical sides and finish that #!@& ship!

There's always Bricklink. :wink:

I wish I could afford some Bricklink orders, sadly I can't :sceptic:

The battle damaged idea don't really work as it's a civilian ship, so it won't fit with the backstory.

I'll try to go with asymmetrical sides and finish that #!@& ship!

You could do a cutaway showing the interior. Am I allowed to give suggestions like this? :look:

You could do a cutaway showing the interior. Am I allowed to give suggestions like this? :look:

No you're not! Cause it's a wonderfull idea, but I can't do it and now I'm frustrated :grin:

My entry is almost finished :classic:

The only problem is the backstory. What I had imagined doesn't fit with the "official history" of that galaxy far, far away... So I think I'll just do a description of the ship :sceptic:

And a some advice for my fellow builder: don't underestimate the force exerted by a MOC on it's feet(s), this could lead to a whole sunday of rebuilding :hmpf_bad:

And a some advice for my fellow builder: don't underestimate the force exerted by a MOC on it's feet(s), this could lead to a whole sunday of rebuilding :hmpf_bad:

Yeah autoquote!! :grin:

Just to inform you that after 3 hours of hard work my entry is finally... completely destroyed after having fallen from my desk :cry_sad:

Yeah autoquote!! :grin:

Just to inform you that after 3 hours of hard work my entry is finally... completely destroyed after having fallen from my desk :cry_sad:

Not to worry. You still have some time!

Not to worry. You still have some time!

Time is running short... I planned to take the pictures/ and post my entry today.

The good thing in that incident is that I reinforced the internal structure and added a weight brick (73090) to stabilize it.

I hope it will ready next week end...

If there are many people struggling to finish, we may extend the deadline, but everyone should try to finish as soon as they can. :classic: