Kai NRG

Petraea University - Hall of Ancient History

Azc strolls leasurly through the Hall of Ancient History of Petraea University:

8232646643_36300aaea4.jpg

Don't forget to take notes!

8232646583_c34e777d3a.jpg

If you ever catch me doing a stand-glass window again... for some reason, this gave me loads more trouble than the floor!

8232646375_27eab7a282.jpg

8233710104_16f9b75fd4.jpg

A few minifigureless shots (as I am planning on entering this in CCCX Medieval Architecture Detail as well):

8233710342_867d3ec88e.jpg

8232646461_7f4b4b8100.jpg

This is my last University build (as there is no way I'll be able to do one before 12 tonight!), so I hope you enjoy it! C&C are welcome!

Hehe that first picture makes me laugh cause it almost seems like it's too small for the minifig, but would be really grand when you use the microfigs.

Very nice build, I really like how you have the writing quill. Brilliant!

The railing is also really nicely done :grin:

Hehe that first picture makes me laugh cause it almost seems like it's too small for the minifig, but would be really grand when you use the microfigs.

Very nice build, I really like how you have the writing quill. Brilliant!

The railing is also really nicely done :grin:

Yeah, now that you mention it maybe I should have put the arch higher up! I don't have any grey microfigs... though I could pop a few colored knights in there... :laugh:

Thanks!

@Eric, Thank you! :sweet:

The stained glass and floor pattern and stunning and I like the stairs to the entrance :thumbup:

Nice lanterns as well :classic:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: , in particulraly the stand-glass window :wink:

Hmmm, I really liked what I saw the other day but now the pics aren't showing for me. From what I remember, the stained glass and floor pattern were excellent and the overall design of the building is great as well. The only thing maybe needing improvement, as has been mentioned is the entrance is a bit low. Nice job! :thumbup:

Nice! High points for me are: the stained glass window, the floor mosaic, the stair handrails, and the red carpet. Plus I think you really nailed the look of the column; the square 2x2 plates at the top and bottom, plus the 2x2 round plate at the bottom, are nice architectural details that just make it seem more real. Suggestions for improvement: the low archway, and I feel that the window needs some framing around it - having the window flush with the wall just doesn't seem right to me.

Nice! High points for me are: the stained glass window, the floor mosaic, the stair handrails, and the red carpet. Plus I think you really nailed the look of the column; the square 2x2 plates at the top and bottom, plus the 2x2 round plate at the bottom, are nice architectural details that just make it seem more real. Suggestions for improvement: the low archway, and I feel that the window needs some framing around it - having the window flush with the wall just doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks! :grin: I'm really killing myself about the archway now... I was getting a bit rushed at that point - in fact, I had been considering doors at the begining.

I'm not sure how I would even begin to make a frame around the window, but that's a good idea in case I ever try one again... (having said that I'll probably end up doing one soon! :tongue: ), thanks!

I'm not sure how I would even begin to make a frame around the window, but that's a good idea in case I ever try one again... (having said that I'll probably end up doing one soon! :tongue: )

Yes, I'm not sure either. In a small build like this, you don't have room for a 1 stud wide frame, and it would look out of proportion anyway (too wide). You might be able to do something with SNOT plates - a plate height is about the width you'd want for the frame. Just a matter of getting it to attach correctly, and to stick out of the wall the right amount. Tricky. I might have to play around with that to see if it can be done.

Actually, a good option that just occurred to me is to use those 1x2 plates with door rails on the top and bottom for a sill and lintel, and then something like 1x1 round bricks on either side of the window to give the sides some texture and depth.

this piece: 32028.gif

Edited by NiceMarmot