Oky

SH-CCC: It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Supermobile!

DC sure has had some bizarre comics in it's history. One of them is Action Comics #481: "It's A Bird... It's A Plane... It's Supermobile!" Yes, that's the actual title of the comic. The Supermobile is a vehicle made out Supermanium (that's right, Supermanium) that can simulate most of his powers. Superman builds it in order to defeat Amazo after a wave of red sun radiation cancels out his powers. I've always loved the Supermobile for its sheer absurdity as well as its retro look and have been wanting to build it, and this contest was the perfect opportunity to do so! :sweet: So here it is:

8227584987_f1a460d896_z.jpg

And here is the original cover:

Action_Comics_481.jpg

As you can see, Amazo is played by Jeremy Renner (aka. Hawkeye) in my recreation. :tongue:

The Superman logo decals were made by me and the engine detail stickers are from the Exo-Force set 7713. Here are some more views of the Supermobile:

8228656172_cb89437f05_z.jpg

8227580581_e783332725_z.jpg

8227589755_c67b088005_z.jpg

8228649858_836def570f_z.jpg

8228651448_f6212b3b8a_z.jpg

8227586585_73af7f72eb_z.jpg

I hope you like it and wish you a super Superhero Month! :sweet:

Shapes and feel are awesome. No complaints what-so-ever about the Supermobile, I really think you got it right on. The picture, however, needs some of that white swoosh. Don't know how you'd add it, but the picture would be ten times better with it built in. Other than that, superb job.

Thanks everyone!

Awesome work, Oky! But as absurd as the Supermobile is, it's still no Justice Jogger.

If we solely go by absurdity, then yes, you're right, but overall, I much prefer the Supermobile due to the baffling fact that it's actually canon, and because it actually looks kinda good. :wink:

I might build the Jogger too, though, just for the heck of it. :grin:

Shapes and feel are awesome. No complaints what-so-ever about the Supermobile, I really think you got it right on. The picture, however, needs some of that white swoosh. Don't know how you'd add it, but the picture would be ten times better with it built in. Other than that, superb job.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was trying to recreate it by placing a bunch of round 2x2 bricks on the background, but I couldn't get it to look right, so I decided to just leave it out. Thanks though.

Good luck to everyone in the contest! :classic:

I really liked this cover. Your version of the Supermobile is way better than Corgi or Kenner toys. If you ever decide to post this on Cuusoo, you have my vote! I would definitely buy a Lego SMB!

I have been a fan of the Supermobile ever since I had the Corgi 1:64 scale toy as a kid, and I have to say that this is a brilliant build. I am determined to reverse engineer this now!

(Unless you wanted to post instructions and a parts list... wouldn't be opposed to that or anything. Pardon me for noobness if that's a faux pas, but I'm just sayin'. :grin: )

Thanks, LibraryBoy, and welcome to EB! :classic: Sorry, but I don't have instructions. It's a pretty straight-forward build though, so it shouldn't be too hard to reverse engineer. It does have some SNOT around its nose (Ha! :head_back: ) but even that part should be easy enough to figure out.