Mr Copperhead

MOC - Friends Modular Building

indexed.gif B-OM-34A gallery_15845_212_1480.png

Hello,

I was hesitating for quite some time before posting this as it's my first my first MOC since probably around 1980 and as you can see my photography skills are obviously not that great. Plus a lot of stuff is just simply copied straight from the sets. But I figured, what the hey, someone might enjoy it and hopefully I've figured out how to post the pics here. This is one is made using parts from the first wave of Friends sets and a couple of pick a brick cups.

Peter and Anna had a mid-life crises and left their middle management jobs and home in the suburbs to follow their passions in the heart of Heartlake City. Peter has always had a love for hair styling and finally has opened his very own beauty parlor and Anna is exploring her deep love of pastry cooking in the space below. Having no commute has really freed up a lot of time in their lives to perfect their talents. Sorry for the non-LEGO Pinky Pie, but she couldn't resist Anna's cupcakes :wub: !

If these pics don't show up, here's a link to the flikr page: http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

7260063544_e49a804e36_b_d.jpg

7260068374_22c5fa4545_b_d.jpg

7260068078_d3c257a313_b_d.jpg

7260067286_fd60714491_b_d.jpg

7260066946_3ed4f82866_b_d.jpg

7260066604_e6ff7e9aed_b_d.jpg

7260066200_3c9513d499_b_d.jpg

7260065704_5d91e65af0_b_d.jpg

7260065436_948f041a8a_b_d.jpg

7260064900_e863287244_b_d.jpg

AWESOME combining a few larger Friend's sets together and make a very realistic modular......yep, cafe....beauty salon and a girls flat....only thing missing......champer's and strawberries ! :laugh:

Brick On with your Friend's 'Mr Copperhead' ! :classic:

I really like how you have integrated these Friends sets. This works really well!

I have been thinking about how to pull the Friends sets together better for my daughter's layout and it hadn't occurred to me to stack them. Interestingly, her layout also incorporates a few My Little Ponies!

A very nice Modular made from Friends sets. :)

My only negative is that the blue next to the pink and red is just not good in my view.....

Maybe white and purple on the second level would look better?

Oh no, one of Pinkie's clones escaped and went off to the Lego realm and into your MOC! Not bad, very resourceful collaboration of various Friends sets into a single modular. I agree with Venunder with some of the color combinations being a little dodgy, but otherwise I like it!

Thanks much for all of your comments! I really appreciate them. I do agree the colors aren't the best, but I wanted to make this only from the Friends sets I had plus Pick a Brick wall parts. Hopefully they add some pink and lime green to the wall soon. I could really use some more. We'll see if my next one may be a bit less jarring to eyes as I've gotten everything but a train and some winter village stuff taken apart and sorted. Plus I've got the second Friends wave to work with now too:) I'm really looking forward to the third batch.

Sixoh - it's great to see Pinkie Pie peeking out the door in your MOC! I love how these Ponies fit so nicely with LEGO in size.

The lime green is a bit scary, especially on the stairs, but the design & interior detail is quite nice and it fits the Friends theme very well. You have quite the minidoll collection!

On the Pinkie Pie subject, I took this photo of my Helm's Deep setup a few months ago:

7984804544_c014859703_m.jpg

Where else would a party animal be during a battle, than blowing the horn...

I love how these Ponies fit so nicely with LEGO in size.

Agreed. The blindbags are in perfect scale to a minifig, so it's about time we saw some in a Friends MOC (The worlds are almost interchangeable it seems)

I'm really glad you all stopped by and enjoyed this. I'm very pleased your daughter liked it Mr Meleca!

As I took it apart I built it in LDD. A few parts weren't available, but the missing or substituted parts are pretty obvious. I hope LEGO adds the Friends stuff to LDD soon. I think I've figured out how to post links to the files. Brickshelf hasn't approved them yet, but I'm thinking they should be available soon. The first file shows the individual floors and the second one shows them put together.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MrCopperhead/Friends-Modular/LDD-file/friends_modular_12.lxf

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MrCopperhead/Friends-Modular/LDD-file/friends_modular_stack.lxf

I know they have Friends hairpieces and such on LDD (Like the little pieces they put in the hair and the new flower bits).

Wow! That is a well executed and brilliant design that manages to hit every possible note for the Friends theme... and yet still somehow seems oddly creepy. I think its the pink pony... it's staring at me through the pictures. :cry_sad:

I'm really glad you all stopped by and enjoyed this. I'm very pleased your daughter liked it Mr Meleca!

As I took it apart I built it in LDD. A few parts weren't available, but the missing or substituted parts are pretty obvious. I hope LEGO adds the Friends stuff to LDD soon. I think I've figured out how to post links to the files. Brickshelf hasn't approved them yet, but I'm thinking they should be available soon. The first file shows the individual floors and the second one shows them put together.

http://www.brickshel..._modular_12.lxf

http://www.brickshel...dular_stack.lxf

Thank you!!! My nieces will love to see that. Were you able to build it mostly from the parts in those three sets? or did you need substantial extra sources?

Thank you!!! My nieces will love to see that. Were you able to build it mostly from the parts in those three sets? or did you need substantial extra sources?

Hi Faefrost - sorry for the delayed response. I used parts from all of the first wave sets, I forget how many there were at that time, but it was probably around 8 - 10 or so. Also I used parts from two large cups from the Pick A Brick wall in the Lego Store. Mainly that was long white pieces for the walls, a lot of tiles and some plant and flower parts.