greg3

MOC Doctor's Surgery/Clinic

indexed.gif B-PV-05E

Hi

I recently picked up the latest hospital set (4429) with a mind to modify it to fit my small village (which is actually starting to look more town-like!) The result was this small doctor's surgery/clinic... although the basic layout was made using parts from 4429, I ended up using quite a few extra bits from my collection to improve the appearance and add some details. (making it a MOC rather than a MOD)

Main view... the ambulance from 4429 does fit in the garage but only just, so i've use the doctor's car from a few years ago instead. (the doctor can use it for home visits and as a first responder vehicle for major incidents)

8217032286_3a557e41d4.jpg

Both vehicle and building need some stickers but I'm undecided on whether to use the modern blue EMT cross or go for a classic red cross... any opinions?

8217034772_89c226c7ea.jpg

Inside - apart from the garage, there's a small reception area where locals can get advice on minor ailments from the qualified nurse/receptionist. For more complex problems, the doctor can see patients in his examination room. (contains handwashing facilities, examination bed with adjustable overhead lamp, and a diagnostic computer (for checking blood pressure, heart rate etc)

8217035066_c6e726bae1.jpg

8215952301_5f41456246.jpg

Here's its location, at the edge of the park in my (recently extended) village.

8217040124_469a833381.jpg

Finally a street level view...

8215957751_fa4059c666.jpg

I'm quite pleased with how it came out. I think it still looks vaguely like the original. However the more I look at it the more I think it would make a good fire station (housing a single appliance manned by retained firefighters) or even a police station. I might also enlarge it slightly by adding another 8x16 plate... watch this space!!

Thanks for looking... comments always welcome.

Edited by Phred

Really cool! One thing that always bugs me with Lego sets that are released is that 99% of them don't have bathrooms ;) After all where does one go when he's told to pee in a cup for tests :)

Simple yet effective, you have packed so much realistic stuff in to a 16x16 plate and yet kept it Lego-ised 'greg3'. :sweet:

The simple sink and medicine cabinet....simple yet very clever and so classic town as well ! :grin:

Brick On 'greg3' ! :classic: