Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Trouble in the Streets of Gotham: Conclusion

titsog_intro.png

Conclusion

Nightfail

Perhaps I should have put that in spoiler tags? :laugh:

As the sun rose over Gotham, the shadows retreated from it's glaring light, exposing the carnage that had come in the night. Wait, there is no carnage, just a lot of people standing around. Far too many, like they hadn't done anything when they had every opportunity to. "I wonder," mused The Scrutineer, but he wasn't to wonder long. Three figures emerged from a nearby subway station and casually strode up to the gathered heroes, killing them one by one, quickly, calmly, efficiently, all while protecting each other. It was an organized and thoughtful assault, but just as it seemed that they would be victorious, a few superheroes awoke and jumped into action... killing yet more of their own. "Oh, that's convenient," quipped Rogue Hunter as they stood back and watched the confused heroes finishing their job. "Quite sporting of them," I must say, joked Hedge Guy. "It's almost like they never had a clue," scoffed Esur, The Ghost Hunter. And they really didn't. The villains quickly dispatched even those few who had risen to the call for justice. The streets of Gotham ran red with their blood. We'll get someone in to clean that up shortly.

"Gentlemen," proclaimed The Scrutineer, "I must congratulate you on a job well done. You took the time to understand what you were doing, then chose an efficient plan that you executed with no real flaws. Your two losses only came because of the much greater numbers that the heroes enjoyed, and in the end, you still managed to overpower and out-think them. I'm quite pleased with your efforts. You shall do nicely."

"Um, thanks. Do what?" asked Rogue Hunter.

"Oh, this," said The Scrutineer as he pushed the big red button. "Shall we fire up the helicopter now?" asked the Kitten Twins. "Yes, our work here is done." They casually boarded the helicopter and left. Just left. That's it. No trickery. No missiles. No fiery inferno. Not even a kitten in a tree.

Nothing but a simple "I don't understand" came from the three surviving villains at the same moment. They didn't even notice the waves of robot killers that had quietly surrounded them, nor did they have time to react before they had all been slaughtered.

From their secluded observation room, The Scrutineer watched with interest as it all happened. "Well, that was disappointing, for the best of the best they hardly put up any fight at all." "Shall we invite the next set of heroes, sir?" asked the twins in unison. "Yes, after our midday cat nap," he replied, reaching for their collars. And the whip. And a nice set of cuffs.

Congratulations to Jackattack7, Esurient and Clone gunner comander jedi for surviving to the end,

and ScubaCarrot and Professor Flitwick for helping lead them to that success.

Feel free to discuss things here, both players and spectators alike and thanks to all who participated!

Nice work villians...can I say nice work to villians?

Evil work villians!!

That was fun, Shadows. Thanks for hosting such a bloody bloody game!

What the hell was just going on here? I was not online for a couple of days and there was a great bloodbath. :grin: I did not understand a bit of the rules or the roleplay but it seemed to be quite some fun.

Congrats to those who survived. Seemed to be a challenge. :wink:

Yeah!!! my first mafia game and I won with my teammates Esurient and Clone gunner commander jedi, also great acting and tactics from prof. flitwick and fantastic organising from scubacarrot, I wish you guys made it to the end but you were great.

Thank you Shadows for hosting this game. Really enjoyed it (killing heroes) and wouldn't have done it alone. Full credit to all villains!

Edited by Esurient

Thank you Shadows for hosting this game. Really enjoyed it (killing heroes).

You know I think that everyone that agreed with my random accusements on Day Three was a villain :grin:

Yay! Villains rule! Good job, villain team, you were all awesome. I hope to see a lot of you stick around for mafia if you enjoyed this!

Thanks Shadows for hosting, I'd love to see more of these quick fun things! :sweet::thumbup:

This was my first bloodbath and I must say I really didn't get this game format other than an entertaining way to watch everyone die. There wasn't any useful discussion in public from most players.

My actions:

1. Investigate Def

2. Block Scuba

Boss job baddies! Bien-fait! Brilliant! Can I stop being Alliterate now? Yes? Great! thanks for the bloodbath Shadows! :sweet:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

This was my first bloodbath and I must say I really didn't get this game format other than an entertaining way to watch everyone die. There wasn't any useful discussion in public from most players.

That's what a bloodbaths are. A good way to satiate mindless bloodlust when there aren't any mafia games around. :sweet:

Fun game, Shadows. Can't believe I forgot to send in my Night 2 action. :blush:

Edited by CallMePie

I was this close to picking Rogue Hunter as my kill last night. Not that it would have made much difference.

I like teh format but I don't really see the need for the day threads as there wasn't any real discussion or tactics. But then that's the point of a bloodbath, I suppose.

Thanks to everyone for playing and Shadows for organising. It was good to see people's hero avatars in action.

I like teh format but I don't really see the need for the day threads as there wasn't any real discussion or tactics.

What about for fun and goofing around? :grin:

As a reminder that it's a game... :wink:

Thanks for setting up this game Shadows, it was good fun as usual. :sweet: It should have been much shorter though, I was bored out of my skull waiting for the conclusion. :sadnew::tongue:

Well, that was quick... The scum tactic of protecting each other and letting the townies kill themselves is a safe bet for this type of game it seems :tongue:.

Well, I had fun at least, thanks for the game Shadows :grin:

For those interested, these were our actions:

Night 1:

Scubacarrot: Kill Dragonator, Protect Professor Flitwick

Professor Flitwick: Kill Tamamono, Protect Scubacarrot

Jackattack7: Kill def, Protect Clone gunner commander jedi

Clone gunner commander Jedi: Kill Fugazi, Protect Esurient

Esurient: Kill JimButcher, protect jackattack7

Night 2:

Scubacarrot: Kill Peppermint_M, Protect Professor Flitwick

Professor Flitwick: Kill fhomess, Protect Scubacarrot

Jackattack7: Kill Callmepie, Protect Clone gunner commander jedi