soundwave_sw

Iron Arch Bridge (WIP)

Here is my current project. An older Iron/Steel Arch type bridge. It is being built for a small town display our LUG is working on. I'll post some more pics when it is finished and installed. Comments and feedback welcome.

Thanks for looking.

8218460840_f1c5b9c628.jpg

Interesting and excellent bridge 'soundwave_sw'.....any close up shots of the supports and truss work.....pretty hard to see all the detail of the bridgework.....but it does get the tiger thinking again....oh, dear ! :laugh:

Brick On 'soundwave_sw' ! :classic:

Wow, this is awesome. I love the curves on this bridge! Would love to see a close up as well to see the detail a bit better.

It looks like you smashed the Brooklyn Bridge into the Golden Gate Bridge :laugh: I like the curved roadway section as well! :thumbup:

Pretty cool!! Are you planning on having support wires attached to the end corners of the upper structure?

Now this is a bridge!

Nice arch. It really looks like a real bridge. And the curved road deck is awesome.

It's only a pity that the top structure is a different style. It make it look a bit off.

Thank you for the comments. Unfortunatley the top section is not a functional structure. I may alter it at a later time or make it more into an arch. I borrowed different design elements from local bridges where I am from. The curved arch design was inspired by a bridge my friend made a couple years back - http://www.flickr.com/photos/29844928@N07/sets/72157622529129734/

I need to order a bunch of tiles to finish it off before I take some final pictures.