TheBrickAvenger

The Pied Piper Of Hamelin

Hello everyone !

I'm proud to present you my last creation : The Pied Piper Of Hamelin, a free adaptation of the tale by the Brothers Grimm;

The story is available here

8214726812_e5f6e8f0c1_c.jpg

The Pied Piper Of Hamelin par TheBrickAvenger, sur Flickr

This is an entry for the Colossal Castle Contest 2012 (CCCX) in the Medival Life Category

Deeplinks : 1 & 2

Brickshelf Galery

I hope you will like it ! :blush:

Edited by TheBrickAvenger

Really a top-notch build :thumbup: The base sets the scene off nicely and the stone and timbeframe techniques work beautifully :wub: The small section of wall ties the houses together nicely and the figs are excellent.

My only nitpick is the lifted porticullis, where did the rest of it go? The wall is much to short to contain it :look:

This is really, really good. Although soccerkid6 has a point. :tongue:

I had the same thoughts. Excellent scene though, I really like the feel, straight out of the story. Also, great subject, as this is one of those more interesting Grimm tales.

This really is a beautiful build! You have a beautiful base there - I may need to copy that for some of my builds. The buildings are very well done, I love the way you used horizontal tan tiles between the brown beams. I also like the curves on the end of your roof - thatch, I assume? Great build, and an excellent adaptation of the story.

Simply amazing! I've never seen anyone build in this type style! Very nice! :classic:

This is an awesome build! I love the little houses. Plate build realy gives them a lot of detail!

Also the minifigs go in the scene well, and they're so fleshy. Guess since it's a licensed build it needs fleshies :D

My favorite part is the dynamic base plate. Very nice lines and I love how the next floor matches previous curves!

But as soccerkid6 mentioned - porticullis can't just roll in like the fire brigade garage doors :D It'd be much better to simply change it to wooden doors ...

What a lovely moc.

I like the overall feel of it. Really nice medieval scene. Some of the techniques are great, too.

Another point I like this so much is that Hamelin is my hometown. Never thought I would see a Moc of it :thumbup:

Nice! I love the base and builds, but the portcullis need a tower, if not I think it is too short to use:)

Nonsense. It clearly rolls up like an old portable movie screen. :tongue:

As for the subject, given the quantity of sets that contain a rat, it's pretty clear that Lego has an infestation problem and I'm glad someone has finally decided to address this.

I totally love it when somebody knows how to photograph his MOC. This is high quality LEGO Building in my eyes. Thumbs up just for that! :thumbup:

Well, what can I say about this moc? Fantastic work.

I like very much how you realized the houses' wall, plates 1x1-2 work very well when put together.

Very nice job! Especially love the irregular base and the roofs of the houses! :thumbup: Great use of mice as well!

I agree with the above responders. The basework is brilliant. The buildings fit in really well with the scene. The plate work is exactly what I would expect it to look like. I like the positioning of the arm and the photography skills used.

And I agree, I pictured it as one of those old maps in elementary school that rolled up when you weren't using it. I'm pretty sure the technology was around then. To be flexible AND durable was what the middle ages was all about.

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like how you make the edges of your MOCs :wink: