Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

Dust Devil

Lately I've been wanting to build ground vehicles. The Dust Devil took three days to build and was a fairly challenging build. The center of the body took multiple attempts to achieve the shapes I wanted. Once I placed the 3x3 dish in the front it all came together. The turret was also built to be modular so it could use a rail gun, rocket launcher, ect... C@C is welcome as always. :classic:

Maine:

8214888408_b8e2005049.jpg

Frame:

8213803589_343e0b6d5b.jpg

Awesome! I love the weapon, and that´s one complex framework. The landscape is great too.

AWESOME attack machine you have there '501st'.....cool yet complex chassis.....I like it ! :grin:

Brick On Fight On '501st Commando' ! :grin:

My jaw drops every time I see inside a creation. this is certainly what happened here again. I love that frame . It all comes together very nicely

This is awesome. The buggy (truck?) looks both fast and beefy--the low-ish profile is really selling that combination. And the red base is a pleasant change of pace from the typical earth tones.

Can I ask what the background is? That's also a pleasant change of pace from white...

This is awesome. The buggy (truck?) looks both fast and beefy--the low-ish profile is really selling that combination. And the red base is a pleasant change of pace from the typical earth tones.

Can I ask what the background is? That's also a pleasant change of pace from white...

Thanks! The background is a black poster board.

@- Thanks for the great comments everyone! :classic:

Wow, sorry I didnt see it sooner- this is really well done. The buggy looks fantastic, but the underlying frame is just unreal.

I also really liked the little base you built, the bones sticking out is really cool.

Though where does the minifig fit?

I'm a big fan of this type of vehicle and that frame has so much to admire I feel I will be using some of the connections on a future build.