Sign in to follow this  
DLuders

Ways to Mount Video Camera or iPod Using Lego Technic Parts

To get that "first person" point of view in your action videos, do you have ideas on how to mount your video camera or iPod using Lego Technic pieces? This thread is meant to capture those ideas. I know that Sariel likes to mount his video camera on his MOCs, and sometimes he tows a trailer. What are your ideas? Here are two:

Method 1: Use Lego Technic to secure your iPod to "Equip your RC Vehicle with a Remote Video Connection" (

by where44444) -- "It started as a useful modification for my RC tank so it could actually be useful in air soft wars. When your out where everyone can see you so that you can see where your driving the tank kind of defeats the purpose. You can now control it from a safe distance and be an active participant in the game through a wireless video connection."

Method 2: "LEGO TECHNIC GoPro Mount" (

by Kyle Martin): "In this GoPro mounting tips and tricks video I show how to make a LEGO TECHNIC GoPro Mount. This can be used to mount a GoPro to any LEGO creation. The mount is low profile and will not destroy any of your LEGO. There is another video coming that will show how to mount using just good old LEGO."

Best David,

Thanks for sharing this video,

I juse for many years now the Go Pro camera's for any type off sports and racing , olso diving and the last year for mine lego video's and i think it's the best camera for all this filming.

Just like in the video you can put any ware your camera and it's very lite, the complete camera weight is no more than 200 grams.

In the youtube video's some examples off differend camera positions

Greets Edwin

Iv'e done something like that in my "

" .

just a quick,simple solution. The iPod is sitting in a case made out of technic beams.

It cannot move anywhere when inside of it,but can still be easily removed or inserted. the case is locked with an axle and a sliding "door"

Edited by LegoGBC

Interesting thread! Let me show you what I'm using. Here are two mountings, both use no glue, no modified pieces, both connect to cameras easily and without leaving any marks, and both hold them firmly enough to work even upside-down in shaky conditions:

- this was built to hold Casio Exilim FS-10 camera, but it's versatile enough to work with most smartphones and other cameras of similar size. The use of the 5x7 frame allows plenty of various connections without adding much weight, I have even added wheels to it on several occasions:

30lgpbp.jpg16c1eo9.jpg

- and here is a mounting for the GoPro 3 camera. I kept it minimalistic and didn't put the GoPro housing over camera to make it lightweight. It's just 90 grams and provides many options to connect it.

draxbs.jpg

219uvba.jpg

The gopro black edition looks beautiful. how do you like the camera so far?

tim

Is this a camera/photo forum or a LEGO Technic forum?

The gopro black edition looks beautiful. how do you like the camera so far?

Hard to say since it's the silver edition I have ;)