Gijserman

Lego roller coaster with 7 car-train going through loop and banked tur

Sweet!!

A really nice to touch to mount a cam to the front car. And the looping runs very smooth. Well done. :thumbup:

That's just plain awesome... congratulations on a fantastic creation!

Gijserman, congratulations on making it work, this is awesome :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

If I'm not mistaking, you keep the cars in the looping and on the banked curved purely by the use of gravitational forces ? I'm asking because I don't see any side or underwheels.

I love the speed and the loop part is amazing. How did you bend the tracks? Or can you possibly post some photos?

This is awesome. The view from the front car was pretty much like the real deal. Some photos would be nice so we can have a closer look.

Hoezer2/ gijserman had posted

about "The Making of a Lego Rollercoaster". He wrote this about the parts used: "We bought them at bricklink. It's from the old lego train track system. The car wheels are lego 9V train wheels, they run really smooth."

Gijserman, congratulations on making it work, this is awesome :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

If I'm not mistaking, you keep the cars in the looping and on the banked curved purely by the use of gravitational forces ? I'm asking because I don't see any side or underwheels.

Thanks! You are not mistaking the cars are really ON the rails, with nothing but gravitational forces to keep it on there. We did 2 runs with 24 minifigs in the seats and once that reached the banked curve, it just fell off.

I love the speed and the loop part is amazing. How did you bend the tracks? Or can you possibly post some photos?

This is awesome. The view from the front car was pretty much like the real deal. Some photos would be nice so we can have a closer look.

I'll see if I have some good images that show what's going on. The roller coaster itself was taken apart at the end of the weekend, as it takes a lot of space in the living room :wink:

If I had the space and the cash for the bits this is what I would be doing, very nice way to spend a weekend I would say. did it all have to come down or did you break donw into smaller sections to make re-creating this possible?

If I had the space and the cash for the bits this is what I would be doing, very nice way to spend a weekend I would say. did it all have to come down or did you break donw into smaller sections to make re-creating this possible?

It really is a nice way to spend your weekend, although it brings some frustrations :wink:

Some parts (the lift, the loop and all the supports) are intact, so we have a head start for the next one

That's amazing work...I appreciate the time you spent trying to get it all to work right! Good job!

I LOVE rollercoasters. :excited:

I keep watching this and know the kids would love something similar. I may have to look at building one over the Christmas break, looks a lot of fun, I know they would love a crash as well

I keep watching this and know the kids would love something similar. I may have to look at building one over the Christmas break, looks a lot of fun, I know they would love a crash as well

Cool! Let me warn you though: It requires a lot of work, patience and lego

If you do make a roller coaster I'd love to see a video of it!

Let me know if you need and tips

I hope you can fix the error in the banking to run it with minifigs, it is really an awesome design! :thumbup:

It's definitely fixable. Next time we will start testing the track with minifigs right from the start

Cool! Let me warn you though: It requires a lot of work, patience and lego

If you do make a roller coaster I'd love to see a video of it!

Let me know if you need and tips

It's definitely fixable. Next time we will start testing the track with minifigs right from the start

thanks for the offer, the only bits i am missing is the old style train track, I have plenty of the 9V style but not the separate rails and it looks like i will need a fair few. Do you also need the connector plates or do the old rails snap onto regular plates