Sign in to follow this  
Rumble Strike

Heroica RPG - Quest#52: Tower of Doom

There is only hay in the cart. It is a lot messier once Guts has finished searching it.

Boran scowls, but realises that he did say to search it. Arphus fingers the sickle blade, but clearly a six on two encounter isn't one he'll push for.

"Yup, that tower wasn't there one day, and then it was. Never heard of anything like that happening... have you?"

Edited by Rumble Strike

Both traders perked up when Sorrow replied, amazed to hear that it had actually happened before.

"Magic, was it? Some Mages messing with forces beyond their control or some such? I 'spect so. That's usually their way. Then ordinary folk have to clean up the mess."

"Not that there's many of them left, now. More and more people disappearing to who knows where. I'm glad this is our last trading run of the season."

"That tends to be the case. Ether this and magic that and all of that demon dung.

How big of a shock was it to the town when that tower appeared?"

"Well we weren't here when it actually appeared, but you can ask Ismelda about it, she runs the Kitchen."

"She does a nice meal, does Ismelda, but it won't be long before the Inquisitors or Sisterhood get her, I reckon."

"That old battle axe? I bet the Dark General hisself doesn't want to take her on. Well, it's been good talking to you chaps, but we best be getting back to Havelstam. Take care!"

The 2 traders go off in the cart, leaving the heroes to themselves.

Does the party want to search the first warehouse, where the hay was presumably taken from, the second warehouse, or head to the Kitchen?

Edited by Rumble Strike

I wonder who the sisterhood they mentioned is. It seems there is more than one faction here. We should check both warehouses whilst we are here, just in case an amulet landed in either. If there is nothing there, the search won't take long.

Mizuki runs uses her telescope to see her surroundings and checks her magic compass on which direction to go to first.

"I go in whatever direction Mizuki's compass points - or, if it doesn't do anything, the second warehouse."

Mizuki uses her telescope to look far away... and sees the Tyrant's Tower come into prominent and frightening focus. The telescope shows her the slate-grey bricks are carved with lines which form the spells of protection that surrounds Haroka's fortress.

Afflicted with ADHD as always, she then looks at her magic compass, willing it to pick out the direction of the nearest Summoning Amulet, and it points towards the second warehouse.

OOC: I'll get you to the warehouse in a few hours time, I'm at work now and can't spend too long setting up a new post. Feel free to do more RP.

"Who needs a magic compass when you have MY instincts. Let's go."

Guts rolls his eyes, and enters the building.

The party arrive at the second warehouse. They can hear raised voices as they enter, one confident and gravelly, the other higher pitched and whiny.

8222121332_43d73dc27f_c.jpg

"I don't care if you say you found it yourself, Corlo. I must take it to the Dark General myself."

"But I found it! It should be me who gets to give it to Haroka!"

"Look, you may have been enslaved by the Darkstar, Corlo, you and everyone else here, but I am Haroka's Inquisitor, and I will bring this evidence to him."

The party see that Corlo has hold of a Summoning Amulet, found in a crate of what looks like goblets and pans. A dark-skinned woman with an enormous hammer is telling him off, her words cold and precise.

8221043859_8f4fc35450.jpg

Several others are watching this exchange carefully. They all have a fervour about their eyes that Guts and Nerwen recognise as the influence of the Darkstar. The argument stops as they all turn to face the party, the hammer-wielding woman looking particularly imposing.

8221044219_deb347ab55.jpg

Haroka's Inquisitor of the Earth: Floodgate

She looks across at the heroes, surveying them calculatingly, and then back to her troops. With a glint in her eye she says to them, "Kill them. Corlo, you take that trinket back to Haroka."

Prepare for battle!

The Enemies

8221044551_ae785718d0_o.jpg

Floodgate *Immune to Instant Kill* *Immune to Sleep*

Level 30 Humanoid/Rock

Health: 648/648

Defence: 10

Special: Hammer Shockwave - Floodgate hits so hard with her magic hammer she petrifies her target into solid rock, meaning they are unable to act in the battle until remedied or the battle is over. The shockwave will also strip one random party member of their effects (positive or negative). Decided by dice roll.

QM Note: When defeated, Floodgate will flee the battle

8221044291_f854e2f252_o.jpg

Corlo *Immune to Sleep*

Level 25 Human

Health: 225/225

Special: Searing Blast - residual heat energy from the Amulet catches the target, burning them for 5 health, then 2 health a turn (both ignore SP), unless remedied or the battle is over.

Drops: Summoning Amulet

QM Note: Corlo must be defeated by the end of the 3rd round, or he will escape with the Summoning Amulet and the Quest will be over

8221044327_cfb0572e20_o.jpg

Dufors

Level 14 Human

Health: 150/150

Special: Twin Blades - hits the target and the next hero in the battle order for 14 damage each

Drops: Smelling Salts, 25 gold

8221044363_c84686b3bc_o.jpg

Emtha

Level 20 Human

Health: 70/70

Special: Rebel Yell - Encourages a random ally (decided by random number pick)

Drops:: Mead, 40 gold

8222121598_a163f11321_o.jpg

Galston

Level 12 Human

Health: 75/75

Defence: 5

Special: Spear swipe - Stuns the target for the next round

Drops:: Helmet

8221044435_165f0293a5_o.jpg

Heyra

Level 24 Human

Health: 67/67

Special: Targetted stab - drops the target's health by 50%

Drops:: Eye Patch

8221044487_31463370c3_o.jpg

Irek

Level 15 Human

Health: 120/120

Special: Cunning Leer - Weakens the target for 3 rounds, halving the targets damage

Drops:: Plume

8221044525_141eb6d632_o.jpg

Jureth *Fights in back row. Halved damage from melee attacks*

Level 10 Human

Health: 80/80

Special: Jinxed Arrow - Jinxes the target for the duration of the battle, unless remedied.

Drops:: Archer's Hat

The party:

7980320141_6cde61dd30_t.jpg

Maurice Ratibor (Etzel)

51 years old male human Paladin

Level 18.5

Power:
(18 + 12)

Defense:
(5)

Health:
41/41
(9 + 17 + 11 + 1 + 3)

Ether:
23/23
(5 + 1 + 17)

Gold:

Equipment:
(Manta Tail Staff (WP:12+50% Stun chance), Fauxthril Shield with Paladin emblem (SP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health)), White Cloak (Max. Health +3)

Inventory:
(Emerald Staff (WP:10
Wood-elemental
), Mace (WP:5), Diamond, Scroll of Sleep, 3 Potions, 2 Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 3 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Nostrums, 2 Venom, Elixir, Floral Bomb, Water Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, Torch, Bone)

7441682730_7e226292c6_t.jpg

Guts Holla (Scubacarrot)
*Immune to
Weakened
Asleep
Confusion
and
Blinded
**Immune to
Darkness
Elemental Damage*
**Party Leader**
***Hastened, Encouraged, Lucky***

42 year old male human Raider

Level 21
1/3

Power:
(21+24 + 3)
, 33 for ranged attacks
(21+9+3)

Health:
34/34
(7+20+7)

Gold:

Equipment:
Lifestealer
(WP: 24,
Ice
Darkness
, attacks restore 3 health),
Dancing Shoes
(Wearer dances well, in the turn after a miss is rolled, the wearer can act twice. +Immunity to Sleep, Confusion and Blinded, + Immunity to Darkness Magic. Footwear),
Pugilist's Gloves
(2+ Power, Immune to Weakened, handwear),
Spiked Collar
(+1 Power, accessory).

Inventory:
Throwing Knife (WP: 9, Light, Retrievable), Hollow Dagger (WP: 6, Hollow),
Opal
, 5x Mead, 5x Nostrum, 5x Smelling Salts, 10x Grand Potion, 1 Elixir, 1x Grand Tonic, 6x Remedy, 3x Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Telescope, Magic Compass, Bedroll, 3x Mythril Shard.

Nagure(Costy)

34 year old Male Yeti Barbarian.
*Immune to Fragile*

Level 11

Power: 25
(Level 11 + WP 14)

Defense: 5
(Heavy Armour)

Health: 18/18
(Barbarian base 8 + level bonus 10)

Gold: 0

Equipment: (Fafnir (WP: 14). Axe of the Croise(WP: 10), Heavy Armour (SP5, Protects from Fragile-effect.)

Inventory: (Remedy, Phoenix Essence x2, Smoke Bomb, Pickaxe)

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

262 year old female Elven Cleric

Level 14
*Immune to wind*

Power:
(Level 14+ WP:9)

Defense:
(Winged Circlet)

Health:
(Base Cleric 9 + Level bonus 13 + 3(White Cloak))

Ether:
(Base Cleric 5 + Level bonus 13)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mourning Star (WP:9, inflicts fragile-effect; mace), White Cloak(+3 Max health; backwear), Winged Circlet (SP:2, Immune to
wind
; headwear)

Inventory:
Staff (WP:6,
Wood
) Torch Staff (WP:5,
Fire
), Hammer (WP: 6), Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, 2 potions, 3 elixirs, 4 remedies, Phoenix essence, Phoenix incense, Venom,
Fire
Bomb, 2
Ice
Bombs, Shovel, Bedroll, Bone

4BbNL.png

Sorrow (Endgame)

428 year old undead Assassin

Level:

Power:

Defense
: 1

Health:
26/26

Gold:

Equipment:
Steel fan (WP12,
Ice elemental
) Sticky Gloves, Armor of the Croise

Inventory:
Bedroll, Tonic, Nostrum x2, Smelling salts x2, Phoenix Essence

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

Level: 12.5

Power: 22 (
12 + 10
)

Health: 18/18 (7 + 11)

Gold: 3

Equipment: (Dagger[WP 10])

Inventory:
Sylph Shuriken (WP:12,
wind
- and
light
-elemental; throwing weapon), Potion, Grand Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 2 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Mead, 3 Nostrum, 3 Smelling Salts Smoke Bomb, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Cannonball, Death Progg Claw

Party Leader, give a battle order, everyone, chose your actions and targets. Enemies not targeted directly will get a free hit.

"Nnnrk. Slaves of a shiny gem, huh? I'll have to make myself deader then dead if I find myself being reduced to idiots like these people.

Nonetheless, Guts, I suggest you give Corlos a good beating. I can use my nostrum on you and you can bust his skull in."

"Gah, didn't see you're already buffed, Guts.

I give Irek a good slicing-and-dicing."

"Looks like we got some fools that don't know how to pick their fights. Finish them off."

Guts attacks Corlo, then Floodgate from the front row with Lifestealer.

Battle order:

Maurice

Guts

Guts

Sorrow

Mizuki

Nagure

Nerwen

"I have once, actually.

I switch my target to Corlo, back row.

There is a chance I instantly kill this bastard, and I'm going to put good use to my new abilities."

The party's first battle in Miranda begins!

Round One of the Floodgate Inquisitor Battle

Maurice vs. Irek - Shield (Guardian Angel, no Stun)

Guts vs. Corlo - Damage/Damage (Guts: 34 health-25 dmg=9 health)

Guts vs. Floodgate - Damage/Special Damage (Guts: 9 health-30 dmg=0 health)

>Sorrow vs. Corlo - Lethal Hit (Corlo: 225 health - (27/2=14 dmg)=211 health; No assassination)

Mizuki vs. Heyra - Critical Hit (Heyra: 67 health - (10x2+12=32 dmg)= 35 health)

Nagure vs. Galston - Special Damage (Spear Swipe, Nagure is Stunned next round)

>Nerwen vs. Emtha - Damage (Nerwen: 25 health+2 SP-(20/2=10 dmg)=17 health)

Dufors - Free hit on Maurice (Maurice: 41 health+5 SP=46-14 dmg=32 health)

Jureth - Free hit on Guts Sorrow (Sorrow: 26 health+1 SP=27-(10/2=5 dmg)=22 health)

The battle starts disasterously for the heroes. Although Maurice summons forth a Guardian Angel through Ennoc, he cannot stun Irek. Guts charges into the fray, determined to take out the escaping Corlo, but gets hit by the Darkstar-enhanced cutthroat. Shaking off that hit, he follows up with an attack on Floodgate. The Earth Inquisitor sneers at him before smashing him into the ground with her magic hammer. Guts is KOed! Sorrow tries out the skills he has just learnt from the Copper Fox, but although he lands a blow on Corlo, he does not assassinate him. Mizuki stabs Heyra with one swift move of her dagger, whilst the giant Barbarian seems to entranced by Floodgate's hammer, and is stunned by Galston. Nerwen tries to take out Emtha but gets slashed by her opponent's sword, however her circlets absorb some of the blow. The untargetted Dufors gets a free shot at Maurice, who deflects some of it with his shield, whilst Jureth fires an arrow into the thin body of Sorrow.

All enemies still stand, whilst their talisman is down. Corlo will soon escape, but the party will not be hit next turn under the protection of the guardian angel..

The battle continues!

The Enemies

8221044551_ae785718d0_o.jpg - "And that's why I'm an Inquisitor!"

Floodgate *Immune to Instant Kill* *Immune to Sleep*

Level 30 Humanoid/Rock

Health: 648/648

Defence: 10

Special: Hammer Shockwave - Floodgate hits so hard with her magic hammer she petrifies her target into solid rock, meaning they are unable to act in the battle until remedied or the battle is over. The shockwave will also strip one random party member of their effects (positive or negative). Decided by dice roll.

QM Note: When defeated, Floodgate will flee the battle

8221044291_f854e2f252_o.jpg - "I'm getting out of here pronto!"

Corlo *Immune to Sleep*

Level 25 Human

Health: 211/225

Special: Searing Blast - residual heat energy from the Amulet catches the target, burning them for 5 health, then 2 health a turn (both ignore SP), unless remedied or the battle is over.

Drops: Summoning Amulet

QM Note: Corlo must be defeated by the end of the 3rd round, or he will escape with the Summoning Amulet and the Quest will be over. One round of the three is over.

8221044327_cfb0572e20_o.jpg - "Take that, Paladin!"

Dufors

Level 14 Human

Health: 150/150

Special: Twin Blades - hits the target and the next hero in the battle order for 14 damage each

Drops: Smelling Salts, 25 gold

8221044363_c84686b3bc_o.jpg - "Back, Elven witch!"

Emtha

Level 20 Human

Health: 70/70

Special: Rebel Yell - Encourages a random ally (decided by random number pick)

Drops:: Mead, 40 gold

8222121598_a163f11321_o.jpg - "I'm beating up a teddy bear!"

Galston

Level 12 Human

Health: 75/75

Defence: 5

Special: Spear swipe - Stuns the target for the next round

Drops:: Helmet

8221044435_165f0293a5_o.jpg - "You'll pay for that, ninja girl!"

Heyra

Level 24 Human

Health: 35/67

Special: Targetted stab - drops the target's health by 50%

Drops:: Eye Patch

8221044487_31463370c3_o.jpg - "..."

Irek

Level 15 Human

Health: 120/120

Special: Cunning Leer - Weakens the target for 3 rounds, halving the targets damage

Drops:: Plume

8221044525_141eb6d632_o.jpg - "Can barely hit such a bag o' bones!"

Jureth *Fights in back row. Halved damage from melee attacks*

Level 10 Human

Health: 80/80

Special: Jinxed Arrow - Jinxes the target for the duration of the battle, unless remedied.

Drops:: Archer's Hat

The party:

7980320141_6cde61dd30_t.jpg

Maurice Ratibor (Etzel)
*protected by Guardian Angel (1 round)*

51 years old male human Paladin

Level 18.5

Power:
(18 + 12)

Defense:
(5)

Health:
32/41
(9 + 17 + 11 + 1 + 3)

Ether:
23/23
(5 + 1 + 17)

Gold:

Equipment:
(Manta Tail Staff (WP:12+50% Stun chance), Fauxthril Shield with Paladin emblem (SP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health)), White Cloak (Max. Health +3)

Inventory:
(Emerald Staff (WP:10
Wood-elemental
), Mace (WP:5), Diamond, Scroll of Sleep, 3 Potions, 2 Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 3 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Nostrums, 2 Venom, Elixir, Floral Bomb, Water Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, Torch, Bone)

7441682730_7e226292c6_t.jpg

Guts Holla (Scubacarrot)
*Immune to
Weakened
Asleep
Confusion
and
Blinded
**Immune to
Darkness
Elemental Damage*
**Party Leader**
*KOed*

42 year old male human Raider

Level 21
1/3

Power:
(21+24 + 3)
, 33 for ranged attacks
(21+9+3)

Health:
0/34
(7+20+7)

Gold:

Equipment:
Lifestealer
(WP: 24,
Ice
Darkness
, attacks restore 3 health),
Dancing Shoes
(Wearer dances well, in the turn after a miss is rolled, the wearer can act twice. +Immunity to Sleep, Confusion and Blinded, + Immunity to Darkness Magic. Footwear),
Pugilist's Gloves
(2+ Power, Immune to Weakened, handwear),
Spiked Collar
(+1 Power, accessory).

Inventory:
Throwing Knife (WP: 9, Light, Retrievable), Hollow Dagger (WP: 6, Hollow),
Opal
, 5x Mead, 5x Nostrum, 5x Smelling Salts, 10x Grand Potion, 1 Elixir, 1x Grand Tonic, 6x Remedy, 3x Phoenix Essence, Shovel, Telescope, Magic Compass, Bedroll, 3x Mythril Shard.

Nagure(Costy)
*Stunned for 1 round*

34 year old Male Yeti Barbarian.
*Immune to Fragile*

Level 11

Power: 25
(Level 11 + WP 14)

Defense: 5
(Heavy Armour)

Health: 18/18
(Barbarian base 8 + level bonus 10)

Gold: 0

Equipment: (Fafnir (WP: 14). Axe of the Croise(WP: 10), Heavy Armour (SP5, Protects from Fragile-effect.)

Inventory: (Remedy, Phoenix Essence x2, Smoke Bomb, Pickaxe)

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)
*protected by Guardian Angel (1 round)*

262 year old female Elven Cleric

Level 14
*Immune to wind*

Power:
(Level 14+ WP:9)

Defense:
(Winged Circlet)

Health:
17/25
(Base Cleric 9 + Level bonus 13 + 3(White Cloak))

Ether:
(Base Cleric 5 + Level bonus 13)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mourning Star (WP:9, inflicts fragile-effect; mace), White Cloak(+3 Max health; backwear), Winged Circlet (SP:2, Immune to
wind
; headwear)

Inventory:
Staff (WP:6,
Wood
) Torch Staff (WP:5,
Fire
), Hammer (WP: 6), Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Sealing, 2 potions, 3 elixirs, 4 remedies, Phoenix essence, Phoenix incense, Venom,
Fire
Bomb, 2
Ice
Bombs, Shovel, Bedroll, Bone

4BbNL.png

Sorrow (Endgame) *protected by Guardian Angel (1 round)*

428 year old undead Assassin

Level:

Power:

Defense
: 1

Health:
22/26

Gold:

Equipment:
Steel fan (WP12,
Ice elemental
) Sticky Gloves, Armor of the Croise

Inventory:
Bedroll, Tonic, Nostrum x2, Smelling salts x2, Phoenix Essence

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura (zakura) *protected by Guardian Angel (1 round)*

Level: 12.5

Power: 22 (
12 + 10
)

Health: 18/18 (7 + 11)

Gold: 3

Equipment: (Dagger[WP 10])

Inventory:
Sylph Shuriken (WP:12,
wind
- and
light
-elemental; throwing weapon), Potion, Grand Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 2 Venoms, Deadly Venom, 3 Mead, 3 Nostrum, 3 Smelling Salts Smoke Bomb, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Cannonball, Death Progg Claw

Replacement Party Leader, give a battle order, everyone, chose your actions and targets. Enemies not targeted directly will get a free hit.