Sign in to follow this  
Zaktan of the Shadows

Summer 2007 Bionicle set names!

That awnsers a lot. I read City of the Lost today and it wasn't half that bad.

LOL though. Greg isn't the only one in the story team.

-ZotS

He's excellent at writing villains, but sucks at other stuff.

Love is in the air For the Admiral XD

j/k, the 3000 toa thing is unrealistic, as I doubt they'll make that many...But, in my opinion, that is the only escape he's ever provided us fans, I mean, he did say "as many as 3000 toa", which leads me to think there can be even more...therefore....our creativity isn't COMPLETELY annulated by him. We can still make millions of Toa and not worry about what is "canon"... Like my Toa, Toa Takiah, Toa of Space. He uses a Nokama body, with silver armor like Norik, and has a Blue Hau Lhikan style (I can paint, that I can). I mean, in the end, Greg F will never take our creativity away, and just because a bunch of losers like it that way (bzp, and videogames, which caused Toys R Us and KBToys and the Toy industry to sink pretty much, due to kids now wanting others to imagine out their stories instead of themselves) doesn't mean everything will change. Yes, he can be blamed for killing the Bionicle story, instead of making it better (WTF is it with the half lightning powers?! that irked me so much, you just CANT combine Stone and Electricity...it...just...doesn't work...they cancel e/a, so then, the Toa would be powerless. ITs either one thing or the other, but not both), especially when he's given such awesome sets to work with (Can't say that for the 2005 Spider thingies...I forget their names even!, or can't say that for the Piraka...I just know he DID have something to do with their creation, he claims false statements when he says he has nothing to do with their design...he influences it now with the past story, designer knows past, then gets his or her creativity thwarted that way)...so yeah...its not so bad XD, but...it could have been better. Greg's inability to keep the 2001 island-y feeling just made Bionicle...not the same. All he did was make us more curious. Which in reality...is what they wanted, but...that ends up being a "so many sets, so little time" scenario...I want him to delve more into the past now that he got us so deeply submerged in it....There's no escape from the past, and I doubt he'll successfully write a future for our heroes. Now see the Mahri with guns and stuff? Greg, I am certain, led the story into those designs, he does influence them, and he's gearing up the Bionicle for WAR!

Which...in the end kills Bionicle.

So what do we learn?

Greg, altough he denies claims of him ever having anything to do with designs, inadvertedly does, as the designers then try to fit the designs between story arcs. But that's just my theory...There's no effect without a cause.

Greg, I am certain, led the story into those designs, he does influence them, and he's gearing up the Bionicle for WAR!

Which...in the end kills Bionicle.

Well, ...you know ...Bionicle HAS had a pretty uh... long run.

...For a Lego theme.... y'know?

8-

Well, greg IS the one who said that since Bionicles cant reproduce, they cannot feel love, and thus that wouldnt be a story aspect anymore.

Just lame shoot outs and ice toa getting rammed into walls >_>

Now that's just sad :(. Part of the charm of Mata-Nui was the relationships. Maku being worried about Huki and then seeing Huki in such a terrible state spurred you on to save Po-Koro in MNOLG. It was cute. With the Toa Inika I started wondering what'd happen to Huki and Maku's relationship. It's a shame, because it would've been an interesting bit of character development. Hahli and Jala, too, how would they cope?

But WE still have our imaginations, RIGHT?!

I don't think Greg likes answering all of those questions. Once I asked him a question, and he seemed cold as Kopaka. All the questions he answers show no emotion.

Anything he says show no emotion.

Including the story...

Yes indeed, i get the cold shoulder of him several times, some of which he has just ignored my PM and carried on as nothing had happened.

Personally, i think it's a mixture of two things

1. He is being pressurised for answers at BZP, people finding out set names and such which really shouldn't have been discoved, and he panicks and comes out with a rash answer like

"Just wait and see"

2. The weather, i mean, it gets NEARLY everyone down in the dumps.

Yes indeed, i get the cold shoulder of him several times, some of which he has just ignored my PM and carried on as nothing had happened.

Personally, i think it's a mixture of two things

1. He is being pressurised for answers at BZP, people finding out set names and such which really shouldn't have been discoved, and he panicks and comes out with a rash answer like

"Just wait and see"

2. The weather, i mean, it gets NEARLY everyone down in the dumps.

See, I find it kind of funny that some say Greg doesn't answer questions, because there's a topic entitled 'Official Greg Discussion' on BZP, and it's 250 pages of him answering the useless crap they think up.

Yes, we have our imaginations. WEEEE

I can make Macku a Toa and make them kiss. It would be funny.

-ZotS

...Right.

Still, an accurate statement from those who remember the days of the 2002 Bohrok Battles.

On the subject of the '02 Bohrok battles, is there anywhere with the animations up? I can't find them on Bionicle.com

To me Greg killed no murdered no nuke'd the story

To me Greg killed no murdered no nuke'd the story

Whoof. This topic could use some closing now.

It's degenrated simply from new set names into people brainstorming on different ways to say "I hate Gregf".

If he's read this, he knows, he knows... :-D

It's been expressed and addressed in specific depth a few times over.

And since there's now pics to go with those names... Dead horse. Beaten. :-P