Sign in to follow this  
Zaktan of the Shadows

Summer 2007 Bionicle set names!

Guys, this is not BZP. We don't need to redirect everything and stuff here, or have post gimmicks or anything. Just relax, yeah? ;-)

Anyways, I'm hoping Maxilos and Spinax are Bahrag-like sets, and not a creature and rider set. There's not much we can get from these names...

Guys, this is not BZP. We don't need to redirect everything and stuff here, or have post gimmicks or anything. Just relax, yeah? ;-)

Anyways, I'm hoping Maxilos and Spinax are Bahrag-like sets, and not a creature and rider set. There's not much we can get from these names...

Oh....appologises everyone.....

Well, when i read Maxilos and Spinax it just shouted to me V and F

Greg has confirmed that fact that Maxilos and Spinax are not a Rider and Steed set.

Well, it could be a Steed and Rider set :-P Its probably just a set of two protagonists/antagonists like the two red and blue dragons in 2002.

-l2k-

This from Toa Voya of BZP:

The Toa Mahri.

Yes. They are the Toa Inika. But I must say that I am rather impressed with their new stylish design. At first glance, Jaller looked like some set from the Knights Kingdom series...

Anyway.

Jaller

This set looks sweet. Very sweet. And you know what makes the set interesting? Jaller's hand is "chained" to a pet-like crab on his hand. And on this crab is a huge maching-gun like mechanism. Jaller's other hand holds a sword... His mask looks very much like Sidorak's head, and there are 2 pipes coming out from the centre of Jaller's chest that connect to his back. Most of the pieces are red and orange. LOTS of new pieces. A LOT. (I haven't got my hands on the Barraki yet... so they're still new to me)

Hewki

At first glance, his pose in the catalog made him look a bit like Reidak. There's a pipe on his mask and some yellow things that are attached along the side of his face. Lots of Yellow pieces (some black pieces as well) and he looks VERY different from Jaller Mahri. One of his hands holds a spear like weapon, the other is the same machine gun mechanism as the one in the Jaller Set.

Kongu

I can't really see much of Kongu's set because the picture is rather small. Kongu's mask is quite big, but diffrerent from Hewki's... There are these rectangular like things on his head though... Again, Kongu has a machine-gun like mechanism attached on his hand.

Nuparu

Okay. This one is rather interesting. For one, I can't see Nuparu's head. This set looks like some huge bulky rahi from what I can make out of it... the pieces look silver. (From what I see in the picture) and i can roughly make out the machine guun mechanism on his left hand. There are also two long pipes attached on Nuparu's back.

Matoro

I can't make out his head... But his mask looks rather stylish and light blue. his left hand has claw like weapons... his body area is rather slim, and again, his right hand has the machine gun thing attached to it as well.

Hahli

I'm telling you, I swear I've seen this set before... I think it was in one of the topics on the VNOLG 2007 pictures or something... Anyway, Hahli's eyes are BIG. And she has two "wing" like structures on her back. I can't make out her left hand weapon, but she also has the machine gun thing on her right hand. Most of the parts are darker blue.

Okay. Now on to the boxed sets.

Barraki Deepsea patrol

It very much looks like something out of the previous alpha team sets... There's this huge vehicle (or rahi maybe) that looks like a... like a... sea monster. This set comprimises of the minifigs, squid ammo, and the huge rahi.

Toa Undersea attack

It looks like some underwater submarine battle. There's this huge vehicle and a huge sea monster plus minifigs. Squid ammo too, I think.

Toa Terrain crawler

I'm very much BLOWN AWAY by this set. It looks absolutely AMAZING. Like the previous sets, there are minifigs. And then there's this GIGANTIC machine (could be a rahi) with the machine gun thing attached to the top like some undersea walking tank. It looks like it's going to be remote controlled or something... And then there are a few stingray figures that shoot squid ammo.

The TITANs.

I think 2007's titans easily take the cake for being the BEST titans so far.

Gadunka.

Dude.This set is definatley rahi. It's a huge creature with A LOT of LONG sharp teeth... Looks like a dinosaur... The head looks awesome, to put it simply. The set looks extremely terrifying. To me, it makes ultimate dume look like a wimp.

Hydraxon

The mask. The MASK! *sighs* Okay, the mask is whitish is coloyur... very 'kiril' like... though it is NOT the kiril. It's a rather slim figure with 'wings' attached to it's back, a v-plate armour on his middle body segment, a HUGE hand (i think) carrying the machine gun thing, his other hand is smaller- holding a sword.

Maxilo & Spinax

Okay... This set is basically a huge titan with a rahi pet. Unlike Vezon and Fenrakk, this set is not a rider and steed set. Chained to the titan's hand is a skeletal like monster... lots of silver pieces... looks like a dog's skeleton without ears... The titan has a red version of Hydraxon's mask... he has quite a lot of new pieces... His hand is holding a spear like tool, and attached on his shoulder is the machine gun thing.

Apparently Matoro Mahri and Hewkii have been leaked, but I can't find them.....everybody spread out....

I was gonna ask if anyone had a link... and since this is what the guy who claimed to have pictures posted on BZP I dunno if he was being truthful. It's been awaiting moderation for a week.

Gadunka, while sounding cool, still sounds like a cartoon effect.

I want pictures. BZP is so ghey with their secrecy, though... "You can't post pics on Brickshelf", "You can't PM pics to other members!"

Bleh.

Oh my GOSH! It looks like Matoro Mahri has blood! I hope this isn't going to happen to all of the future white guys. I HATE the blood.

Oh my GOSH! It looks like Matoro Mahri has blood! I hope this isn't going to happen to all of the future white guys. I HATE the blood.

He must be cold blooded then X-D

-l2k-

Oh.....my.....gosh! Stupid BZP, i can't see that topic for myself.

I know, it's terrible....everyone, to BZP, get them pics! :-D

Can't really say anything on those pics, very unclear, though it seems to be definite, it says "mahri" on the canister.

Well i'd be blowed! Never thought the inika would turn into the mahri, and GregF on BZP has been saying again and again (well someone has) that the inika do not go through a transformation this year.

Gadunka sounds amazing, but the names just makes me cringe.

Who actuly got this, what leaflet is it in?

Uhm...no. No, no, no!

The Mahri are hardly changed from the Inika. The masks are....proper masks, but still not great. The titans, though, ARE good. For the most part. At least now I don't need to feel guilty if I buy a Barraki without waiting to see what else I can get later on, 'cause the Barraki are much better.

Still, Nuparu and Matoro are too blurry to judge yet....

I second that, Zane. While I loved the Inika, I'm not liking these at all. My main gripe has to do with the launcher. Zamors were NOTHING compared to this. This is a flat out atrocity! I tend to think "chain gun" would be more villianous than a loogie crossbow. Also, it really seems like they're trying too hard to make them look "cool". They've ventured so far as to actually make me think these are the Pirates of the Caribbean figures of Davy Jone's crew. I'm also getting the impression that the designer who makes the canister sets hates the Ice based figures. The Pridak was pretty bad, but Matoro really gets shafted. He gets a claw looking thing instead of a sword, his mask is a mess and he's got a Toa's FOOT for a torso piece. Now I can finally understand why he's the one who gets to wear the mask of life. At least he has to have SOME redeeming factor.

The larger sets are good once again, proving that Bionicle continues to have a strong showing in some areas. The Gadunka really looks like that Sharkticon from the Transformers series. Not great to have that resemblance, but it does fit the whole underwater business. The Hydraxan looks pretty good, mostly because of the Mask. Yes, it may be a remolded Dume mask, but it's not too bad. Maxilos seems to be interesting. His dog is rather unique in build. I don't really like Maxilo's mask though. It isn't something I'd go nuts over.

As for the minifig sets, I've never been a fan of Bionicle's sets here, so I'm not going to comment on these. However, I really find it really out of theme that they have SUBMARINES in Bionicle. Oh well. Whatever the focus groups say, huh?

Can you say, mixed bag? :-/

Jaller: Biggest problem I see here is that virtually all of his main parts were in his Inika form. The crab like piece, yellow plate thing, and a few other pieces could be useful, but unless you haven't gotten Jaller Inika yet, parts monkeys should probably stay away. Mask? Weird. That's all I have to say. Not sure if it's better than his Inika mask, though. Weapons? (Note, Chain gun...thing, will be receiving it's own section) Well, his sword is cool, and the pet crab is interesting. I've run out of things to say about him, so I'm moving on.

Hahli: Well, this proves that the mysterious figures on Nocturn's box weren't prototype Barraki, unlike the theory that BZP spread. Setwise, shes okay, and the mask is a bit better. She also looks great for parts, since her blue parts are not two toned, for those who hate those kind of molds.

Kongu: Looks okay. His mask kind of looks like a Miru, which is GOOD, and he may have a new body piece (although I doubt it). Can't tell what the weapon is. 8-|

Matoro: Actually, contrary to KMOI, I think he looks good! His mask seems so much like a more powerful Akaku, and he has an interesting weapon. I actually don't mind the toa foot on his body; I think it's pretty cool, and kind of like what many MOC'ers have done.

Nuparu: Sorry, but I must skip, as I can't make out what his actual shape is, nor where his head is. I think I see a whenua hordika tool somewhere, but that's it.

Hewki: If that's a yellow piraka torso, GOOD. But other than that, I don't see many good or new parts. Is it just me, or are the Mahri seriously lacking new molds? Maybe all the designers "thought" into the chaingun drained them of anymore creativity. :-|

Chaingun "Collectable:" :-X I mean, it doesn't look THAT bad, but the fact that it's on the Mahri and in Bionicle at all makes me feel very woozy. I mean, Hakann's lava launcher was one thing, the Zamors were another, but this is a modern day gun, no questions asked. It shouldn't even be in these pictures. PERIOD. Good thing that there is an easy fix: Take it off, and replace it with a better weapon. :-)

Hydraxon: I like mask! *sweet* And his design is good, if a bit simple. But the chaingun.... :-|

Gadunka: I dunno, his head just looks too big for his body. But I LOVE the way they did his teeth, and the head looks sweet. Why, however, am I thinking giant mutant frog when I see this? 8-|

Maxilo and Spinax: Oh man, now we're talking! Maxilo is AWESOME. His staff is sweet, his design is armored and meancing, and he has lots of great parts (Do I see an Ignika? *y* ) Spinax is cool, too, if a bit plain. Again, the launcher, but I don't mind as much this time. Maybe because this set is so darn sweet. *wub*

All three playsets: Man, Aquaraiders just went down the drain.... Oh, wait, this is bionicle.

:-| I see giant futuristic sea vehicles, figs that look EXACTLY like the Inika and Piraka, and more launchers than I can count. *n* Enough said.

OVERALL: Again, mixed bag. Some of the Inika are cool, the Titans are again great (man, at least TLC has always been awesome at that!), but the playsets stink, and the launchers :-X . Not bad, but not nearly as good as I hoped. Or maybe as much as I "dreamed." :-/

Wow, the clear pictures of Jaller and Hewkii are great! The titans are grand as well!

BZP is really losing out big time here!

Guys, i have righted the clear jaller and hewkii images, here:

toa_hewkii_mahri_righted.gif

toa_jaller_mahri_righted.gif

Edited by Optimax X