Sjuip

'Reverse Engineered' Set 10233 Horizon Express in LDD

Since it is not allowed to post LXFs of not-yet-released sets in the 'Official LEGO Sets in LDD'-thread, here is one in a separate topic.

Why? Because it is such a great new model :wub: , including so much creative building techniques!

Set 10233 Horizon Express (in the Creator Expert range) is not yet released (due January 2013). But both the official promo phtographs as well as the information provided in the splendid :thumbup: :thumbup: review by Mostlytechnic (look it up here) contain enough clues about the construction of this 'TGV-lookalike'. So here it is in LDD:

horizon_test.jpg

Horizon Express LXF

Note:

- Build from pictures - so I am not in a postion to claim any correctness. According to the set contents on the box, I used 98% of the bricks (only 23 out of 1351 I was not able to place). Uncertainty is mainly due to unknown insides of roofs, undercarriages etcetera.

- All seperable units (bogeys, roofs, cars) are grouped separately in the LXF. Makes it easier to look at the detailed interiors!

Known errors:

- Black Roof Front 4x6x1 not in LDD (not even on Bricklink yet!), so replaced by a custom made front consisting of Slope 45 Roof Tile bricks.

- Black cheese slopes 50746 left aside the front part as they do not fit into the black and white arrows (so-called 'Pet Shop problem').

- Missing decoration (black frame) on Cockpit Window 62360.

- Minifig body decorations: only dark green sweater and medium blue blouse are correct, other four are best fitting replacements.

- Minifig head decorations: all correct except granddad (best fitting replacement)

- Not sure whether the glass (4036) used for Black Train Windows (4035) is used in the actual set (the picture on the box shows 'flat' glass, not the 'pre-formed' 4036).

It looks good! :thumbup: Maybe people can digitally modify the not-yet-released 10233 set to change color schemes, add features, etc.

Hay guys. i have just updated the above plans to have two sets joined together with better bogies joining them.

Edited by Calabar
: Oversized images converted in text links

I saw pictures of two assambled sets running on the LEGO Fanwelt in Cologne and I thought it was a bit too long for private purposes as well. I might sell the spare wagon. (or save the parts :P )

you build it from pictures *oh2* ?

i dont know if he built it from pics its a very very good copy. If he did he is very good.

Yep, fellas, build from pictures!! But not just blurry outside only pics, but hi-res pictures from the set in different stages of completion, whom @Mostlytechnic was so very kind to provide with his set review that you all can find here. Without those detailed insides I wouldn't have gotten anywhere close!

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

Great job!

Related to the set; I think it would look better if the locomotive and the carriage behind it would also share just 1 bogey instead of both having a bogey.

But then it would'nt look like a TGV anymore

Happy New Year to y'all!

TLG kept their promise: the 10233 Horizon Express is available in retail as of today, with the instructions being available on the TLG Customer Service site.

Therefore I have checked and corrected my LDD model to the official instructions.

The corrected LXF is now entered in the Official Sets in LDD forum: take a look here.

Thanks for creating the LDD file. I have bought two trains myself, and creating a new longer version of it. A little bit different than Lazarus.

Enjoy!

post-20274-0-13455600-1357217131_thumb.png

Edited by Hanso

Most realistic version, I bought two horizon express and have to make a new bogie to link the two sets, like hanso version.

The TGV Poste version is more affordable whith yellow bricks

I am looking for this LDD file, I bought one and try to create it in 8 wide, so I decide to buy one more set and use its orange parts.

Now I can test it in LDD, thasks again, great!

I am looking for this LDD file, I bought one and try to create it in 8 wide, so I decide to buy one more set and use its orange parts.

Now I can test it in LDD, thasks again, great!

Hey mikezang, did you ever complete the 8 wide TGV? I am just about to embark on the same project.

Hey mikezang, did you ever complete the 8 wide TGV? I am just about to embark on the same project.

Yeah, I created it and run it by RCX on it, check this thread