sgtbernalcl25

Lego Mirkwood Elf Guardian Polybag @ Toys R us

It would also be useful if people added to their sightings whether or not the TRU store they found the polybags at also had The Hobbit sets out. It seems the general consensus is that people have found the polybags only at stores that had The Hobbit sets out anyway. Really makes it seem like some TRU stores have just broken the street date on The Hobbit stuff and put out everything at once - also to boost BF sales.

I saw the same thing with The Hobbit action figures - TRU put them out even though they were street dated. TRU doesn't care, as long as they can make money.

It would also be useful if people added to their sightings whether or not the TRU store they found the polybags at also had The Hobbit sets out. It seems the general consensus is that people have found the polybags only at stores that had The Hobbit sets out anyway. Really makes it seem like some TRU stores have just broken the street date on The Hobbit stuff and put out everything at once - also to boost BF sales.

What's odd though, is the two TRU stores I have been to with Hobbit sets out only had the Riddles for the Ring, Mirkwood Spiders, and Unexpected Gathering, along with the polybag. Both stores had the exact same selection. A few others have reported the same thing at their local TRU stores. Why don't they have the Goblin King Battle of Attack of the Wargs sets? The Barrel Escape I can see, it might not come in till later or since it's an exclusive may not be ready to put out just yet. But there's not much explanation for the other two sets, especially when K-mart and now reports of Wal-Mart has had both from the start..

Why don't they have the Goblin King Battle of Attack of the Wargs sets?

I don't remember if the Unexpected Party box is larger than the Attack of the Wargs box, but that might play into. TRU is always pressed for space and usually just throw everything anywhere when you're talking about the action figures aisle. They could have just been thrown out temporarily until a regular planogram reset can be done. Plus, with BF coming up, there could end up being so many of those larger sets just piled high on the floor in the middle of the aisle, like usual on BF. :laugh:

I think BF is really playing into why we're seeing such a difference in what stores are getting what sets and where. Everyone is jamming shelves as best they can for the chaos.

Went back to my local TRU yesterday... They were already sold out of polybags and had no Hobbit sets on the shelf. I asked the guy I know that is in charge of inventory and he said that they hadn't even gotten any Hobbit, just LOTR. DANG! I was really hoping to do a little Black Friday shopping tonight. :angry:

I went to TRU two days ago and looked at me like i was crazy when i told them i saw it online and when they looked it up it was gone!

I wish I would of waited and not ordered mine online and instead just got them all in store. TRU was running a $25 off any purchase of $100 or more deal so I could have got the same 21 polybags to reach the 100 dollar limit, saved $10 on shipping, AND got 25 off. That would of made the total each polybag only $3.80 instead of $4.99... dang impatience :angry:

Edited by Deathleech

Has anyone seen those polybags outside of the US yet? I went to my local TRU today on the off chance that they would have some of the new sets and/or this polybag but had no luck.

Edited by Speedboat

Has anyone seen those polybags outside of the US yet?

I highly doubt to see these outside of the US (maybe UK). You can find some on eBay, but of course, sellers are not trying to help you out but to rip you off, and sell them for between 10 and 15 US$ plus shipping. Bricklink might be your best bet as the polybags are sold from 7$ upwards.

I wish I would of waited and not ordered mine online and instead just got them all in store. TRU was running a $25 off any purchase of $100 or more deal so I could have got the same 21 polybags to reach the 100 dollar limit, saved $10 on shipping, AND got 25 off. That would of made the total each polybag only $3.80 instead of $4.99... dang impatience :angry:

I hear you. I only ordered two and picked up a third at a local shop. But I could have picked up 4 at the store for what I paid for 3...plus I'd have them all now.

We need some special trade embargo of US Mirkwood Elves for UK Uruk-Hais.

A decent suggestion, but any specific trade offer must be in buy sell trade forum.

Polybags found yesterday in Fort Worth, TX. No Hobbit sets on shelves.

Is there only one in Fort Worth, on Cherry lane? I wasn't able to make it down there, but Southlake had none when I was there. I think there is one in Hurst too, but that is the area I call "The bad place" because of the traffic nightmare.

Is there only one in Fort Worth, on Cherry lane? I wasn't able to make it down there, but Southlake had none when I was there. I think there is one in Hurst too, but that is the area I call "The bad place" because of the traffic nightmare.

Yes, only one in Fort Worth proper, on Cherry. I feel the same way about the Hurst location. It's a mess to get around that part of our little world.

A decent suggestion, but any specific trade offer must be in buy sell trade forum.

My comment was made in jest. I was thinking it'd be nice to have some large cargo ship stuffed full of polybags cross the Atlantic or something. :blush:

My local TRU in Lincoln, NE had dozens of the Mirkwood elf archer, but zero Hobbit sets. They said they wouldn't have the Hobbit sets until the 27th. Yet all of the Wal-Marts in town had the Hobbit sets (other than the exclusives). And TRU and one of our Wal-Marts are almost right next to each other, so you could stock up on Archers and then the sets!

I would definitely prefer an olive green hood since there is no cape, or add in a dark green cape (even though the quiver is in the way) or give us more elven hairpieces! That is what I want the most. I only picked up 3 of the polybags, but if it had an olive green hood or elven hairpieces I would have cleared them out, without a doubt. I almost went back tonight to pick some more up, but there was a line almost a block long waiting for black Friday, so I didn't bother. I don't think I need any more of them anyway. I can put a hood on any figure and call it an elf, so it seems silly to spend 5 bucks to do that.

Hit two TRUs and found none. I was hoping they'd be out as an impulse stocking-stuffer item, but no tags and no Hobbit sets.

I highly doubt to see these outside of the US (maybe UK). You can find some on eBay, but of course, sellers are not trying to help you out but to rip you off, and sell them for between 10 and 15 US$ plus shipping. Bricklink might be your best bet as the polybags are sold from 7$ upwards.

I just bricklinked 10 at $8 each I figured thats probably what we'd pay anyway if they were available in stores in Australia......

I just bricklinked 10 at $8 each I figured thats probably what we'd pay anyway if they were available in stores in Australia......

Seems like a decent deal!

I hit three TRUs and managed to find five. The first two TRUs were sold out and one indicated that they sold out this morning claiming that one person came in and bought the whole case of 50. That store lead me to the third TRU that is 20 miles away and there I found five.

All stores claim that they don't believe they will be getting more Mirkwood Elves in.

I hit three TRUs and managed to find five. The first two TRUs were sold out and one indicated that they sold out this morning claiming that one person came in and bought the whole case of 50. That store lead me to the third TRU that is 20 miles away and there I found five.

All stores claim that they don't believe they will be getting more Mirkwood Elves in.

Wow, bought the case...that's huge. I wouldn't take that claim too seriously. I would keep checking back every so often. Find out what day they get deliveries so you can be there when new shipments come on.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Wow, bought the case...that's huge. I wouldn't take that claim too seriously. I would keep checking back every so often. Find out what day they get deliveries so you can be there when new shipments come on.

Actually, I don't doubt the claim, since the TRUs around here can be scalper-central - especially this time of year with the earlier opening times and abundant truck days. Also, with the BOGO 1/2 off, it's too good of a deal for them to pass up. With that said, it does mean there's blood in the water - at least I know they've hit my area.

On a side note, I really wish this forum had a regional sightings area where locals could keep other locals up to date.

Found a bunch at TRU this afternoon. It's also worth noting that the polybags apparently count for the buy 1 get one 1/2 off sale going on today. So if you can get an even number they price drops to $3.75 each. Well worth it for bulking out an elf army.

Actually, I don't doubt the claim, since the TRUs around here can be scalper-central - especially this time of year with the earlier opening times and abundant truck days. Also, with the BOGO 1/2 off, it's too good of a deal for them to pass up. With that said, it does mean there's blood in the water - at least I know they've hit my area.

On a side note, I really wish this forum had a regional sightings area where locals could keep other locals up to date.

Thumbs up to that idea.

As for the scalpers, I watched more than half of the Hobbit sets get bought today at a Walmart by one person - two carts, one guy. Amazing. I got one of each that I was looking for. Weirdly, without a sale, I am not sure how exactly he is going to profit by paying 10000 dollars for at market rate sets that will be widely available. He didn't care to share that information when I asked him.

Thumbs up to that idea.

As for the scalpers, I watched more than half of the Hobbit sets get bought today at a Walmart by one person - two carts, one guy. Amazing. I got one of each that I was looking for. Weirdly, without a sale, I am not sure how exactly he is going to profit by paying 10000 dollars for at market rate sets that will be widely available. He didn't care to share that information when I asked him.

I think he plans to make it in the time margins. Lego almost never releases at the exact same schedule internationally. If we are seeing the Hobbit and Galaxy Squad here in the US, then it may be a few weeks before other areas of the world see them. Just as parts of Europe had the last SW wave months before the US. Bricklink and EBay are international. He is probably betting he can flip those overseas for twice what he paid to impatient Lego types. Personally I always think that sort of thing tends to be a fools errand.

To swing back to the main topic, I lined up my score of elf archers alongside Haldir and Helms Deep. While by no means a perfect representation of the scene, the effect with the hooded bow wielding elves marching in is there. Not perfect (colors wrong, torsos/armor wrong, no helms), but still kinda gives you the general look. They may do as a stand in until something better comes along.