Electricsteam

Electrosteam's Bag of Ideas

every 1 axel is on a joint system to it moves like a snake , so you can have nearly impossible loading gauges like 2-16-6 or 2-32-6.

Is there any chance that we can see your idea? Im curious exactly how you linked them all together.

Is there any chance that we can see your idea? Im curious exactly how you linked them all together.

I am comming up with a system to have them linked with a pushrod..... And all the wheel are connected to a single drive shaft.

Here are he proposed rules for the Weird and Wacky Locomotive Challenge

1. Do not build the Crampton 6-2-0 Locomotive.

2. Original locmotives only.

3. Modded parts are aloud.

4. Stickers aloud.

5. Any scale N to G gauge

The recent 'Locomotive Annie' modern steam locomotive and the suggestion of a solar-powered locomotive made me think of more alternative propulsion systems. How about these:

svl10.jpg

Wow, I never knew about that one. I suspect it was a cold war response to the M497 (which was an insane PR stunt in itself)

Looking for ideas for my upcoming railroad, I found some pretty interesting stuff:

Ramjets?!?

jet-powered-locomotive.jpg

M-497 Ramjet Locomotive - imagine the noise!

eek.gif

5310338378_331ec17030.jpg

PRRT15533.jpg

One of the sexiest trains that I know of, the Baldwin T1

3960772156_6ed8867b74.jpg

I am going to leave 2 months room before voting can start. So your bricklink orders can come in.

Post your weird and wacky locomotive is a MOC post and say you want to be the Weird and Wacky Locomotive Challenge.

I got one: The Deutsche Reichsbahn Baureihe 61, built in the mid-30ies for the so-called Henschel-Wegman train running at high speed (about 160 km/h) between Berlin and Dresden. It's a bit of an oddity, this one:

t7.jpg

Being, along with the coaches also specially designed for the train, an attempt to prove the capabilities of steam in the face of emerging diesel power, it was designed with complete streamlining and as a tank engine, meaning it could run the same speed forwards and backwards (and thus make reversing the train easier). Hidden under that streamlining are massive 2.3 metre drivers and a boiler rated for higher pressure than usually used at the time. Two were built, with some slight differences between them and the train performed as expected, its 102-minute record for the route still stands. Both engines were used sparingly during WWII and one ended up in West Germany (and was scrapped in the fifties after an accident), the other in East Germany where parts of it were later used in building the still impressive but somewhat more tame 18 201, an experimental one-off for high speed tests.

The chain drive loco is of a type which was used on the timber industry tramways here in New Zealand. Some did start life as traction engines, but most were cobbled together from 2nd hand locomotive boilers and modified steam winch parts.

Hey Annie you should build one of these for your Railway.

Also, Guys I need help building a Boiler. Here is the Locomotive I know the photo is very large.

http://i.imgur.com/LNE4S7H.jpg

Edited by Fugazi
changed oversized image to link

Lots and Lots of snot work. Haha. Maybe you can use the 1x3 half arches and 1x2 half arches for the boiler? With proper orientation of course.

Lots and Lots of snot work. Haha. Maybe you can use the 1x3 half arches and 1x2 half arches for the boiler? With proper orientation of course.

I want to try to have a cheese wedge boiler.

Hey Annie you should build one of these for your Railway.

It has crossed my mind to do something like that with Lego. I built a similar type of loco in 'G' to run on 45mm track back when I was still doing large scale scratchbuilding.

I would quite like to see one of the in lego:

7984330114_150f43a22b.jpg

8140359332_19387fb976.jpg

I Have actually attemped one in 4 wde scale (on HO/OO scale track) but i couldnt figure out the water tank on the boiler, any help would be appreciated :classic:

Ok This is the current problem. I need to go from the first wedge of the small cheese wedge boiler to the first panel on a large cheese wedge boiler. Would you guys have any idea on how to do that?