Siegfried

REVIEW: The Unofficial LEGO Technic Builders Guide by Sariel

More like Sinner for teh win! :laugh: Thank you very much! Hopefully they do ship to my part of the world :grin:

Congratulations to Phool for winning the free book -- you'll like it a lot! :classic:

My friend in Estonia just bought it, and he told me its awesome. Hopefully i can lend it from him.

Was able to find time to read the book. Thank you "Sariel" for taking your time creating a one of a kind.

I have a couple questions/criticisms. It may be I don't totally understand.

Page 72, Figure 7-17. It shows pictures of "parallel levers". I know it was drawn in cad, but the gears are unable to mesh. As shown in the figure, the teeth are in line with each other. I think showing that this is unfortunately not possible with Lego gears may have been good to show.

Page 209, "trailing arm suspension". Nothing is stopping the axle itself from rotating and binding. There are only 2 links supporting the axle to the frame. The other 2, as shown in Figure 15-17, are a complex suspension design. I think showing a 4 link triangular suspension, or 4 link parallel suspension with a draglink would have been cool too.

Please don't take my criticism personally. Like I said thank you for your hard work putting this book together. It's the first book I have actually read cover to cover, ever.