Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #51: A Shanty for Science

466 posts in this topic

"Fellow companions, what if instead of looking for backdoors maibe there is a way we can look at the documents without implying what we are looking for" Barur suggests.

Also he hands out it's gems,topaz to Thalion and ruby to Arthur.

"We could also find something usefull if we were to talk to this Avina perhaps"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Thanks for the gem master Barur. As for the suggestions, I guess that looking for back doors, should there be any, is a good idea, but that they will be guarded like the front one. We already passed three sides of the building and we found nothing, if I am not mistaken. And talking to Avina is not a good idea, even if we could get to her, which I reckon is impossible from here, because we might get her to suspect that there is something wrong. And that is not something our employers would like..."

Edited by -obelix-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The heroes have only seen the back and right side of the building, which were just plain walls without doors or windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The heroes have only seen the back and right side of the building, which were just plain walls without doors or windows.

OOC: Didn't we see the front too? The side with the guards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you're on the right side of the building. By looking to the left, you can see the guards. You can't tell if there's windows or not without walking out of the alley. The picture is just misleading. :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Oh, sorry, my mistake. I thought we saw it...

Thalion whispered: "Well, we can still circle to the back and to the left side of the building. Shall we?"

Edited by -obelix-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hold on master Thalion, we can look at all the building sides, but might be we look suspicious doing it" the dwarf reproached the elf " we know this is a side door, and that it is guarded so might be this is the door we want . Unfortunately we have no rogue so lets think of a way to divert the guards so we can get in"

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thalion nodded. "As you say master Barur. I am no rogue, so this sneaking is not really a thing I am good at."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arthur smirks. "Sorry to ruin your misconceptions, Barur, Thalion, but both De'kra and I are Rogues. De'kra here even started off as one--and in fact, I believe he has just the artifact for this task." Arthur winks at the pair, then turns to De'kra. "What do you say, De'kra? Are you up to using your Robe of the Elven Spy on those guards?"

Edited by Flipz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My apologies, it's seems I do not yet know well these new fighting types, master De'kra what does this robe of yours do and how may it help?"

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: De'kra nodded at Arthur as he utilized the cloak. It had been a long time since he had last wrapped himself in the cloak, a very long time. As he focused his Cloak of the Elven Spy on the two guards, he clicked, "This is special Brobric Elf Cloak, I got it in I first quest. When I use it, I can read potential enemies, their abilities, levels, power, gear, and so on."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

De'kra's cloak shimmers slightly as he peers beyond the fourth wall...

8004589176_3403ea3dec_t.jpg

Bonaparte Cadet Morgan

Level 16 Humanoid (Fights in back row. Halved damage from melee attacks.)

Health: 166/166

Special: Explosive Bombardment – Deals 2-12 damage to each hero and has a 1/6 chance to deal the Stunned effect to each for the next round.

Drops: Explosive Handcannon - (WP: 8, double WP to rock monsters), 20 gold

Immune to Confused and Asleep

8004589536_fb1e2e7455_t.jpg

Bonaparte Cadet Henry

Level 22 Humanoid

Health: 249/249

Defense: 1

Special I: Blockade – Doubles his SP. Next round, this SP will be applied to Morgan as well.

Special II: Shield…Stab…Bash…Attack….Thing – Deals damage equal to SP and the Weakened effect for the next 3 rounds. Resets SP to 1. Has a 1/3 chance to activate on every Special Damage, but is used automatically on Special Damage after SP reaches 8.

Drops: 30 gold

Immune to Fragile and Weakened

Edited by CallMePie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Eh, they aren't too bad. I could put the one in armor to Sleep before we started the battle, and then I could make the other one Fragile and potentially take out half her Health in a single strike; besides, if we attack from the Back Row, she's not that dangerous, and anyway that staff'll give you a good chance of getting away from an otherwise-fatal hit."

"...That said, I'd prefer not to have people chasing after us everywhere so early in our Quest. De'kra, would you mind going over to speak to them alone? Raise your right hand if they turn out to be hostile (or just Flee), and I'll cast a Sleep spell on the armored guard before leading the others to join the fight, but if they seem cooperative, just nod and we'll come join you."

"Try not to give them any explanation of why you want to look through the records unless you have to--you're a Hero of Heroica, you have every right to examine them if you want to in pursuit of a Quest goal. If they ask why you're using this particular entrance--hmm. Wait...you and Thalion helped save the Bonaparte leaders from the riots, right? Try to use that Reputation to your advantage; explain you saw their uniforms and thought they could help. That'd be a good time to signal us over."

To Barur and Thalion, he added, "Once De'kra signals us, pretend like we were just traveling through and got separated from De'kra. You know, say something like, 'oh, there you are De'kra, we were starting to get worried.' Something to make it look like we were in the alley looking for him instead of meeting with our employer." Arthur knew he would remember every detail of the conversation, but he hoped the others would make special effort to remember the details of their lies; there were few quicker ways to ruin a scheme than to contradict one's own falsehoods, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: De'kra stumbled back as Arthur suggested he go forth. "You sure that good idea?" he asked, "I might have a slight reputation and Bonepartes, despite I best efforts, but this is also Eubric. And I am little odd by Eubric standards, which might not work and status quo urges of Bonepartes. And I am still not expert on Eubric tongue. I...you sure I best choice?"

OOC: I have classes today, so my time will be less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: De'kra stumbled back as Arthur suggested he go forth. "You sure that good idea?" he asked, "I might have a slight reputation and Bonepartes, despite I best efforts, but this is also Eubric. And I am little odd by Eubric standards, which might not work and status quo urges of Bonepartes. And I am still not expert on Eubric tongue. I...you sure I best choice?"

OOC: I have classes today, so my time will be less.

"Well, we could send Thalion, but he can't Flee if things get hairy." Arthur pauses, considering. "Very well, then, let's go back through the alley and try the other side of the building, and if that's not possible, Thalion can try his luck with the guards."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: De'kra nodded and clicked, "If...if it is necessary I could try. I just not sure it would go well."

Edited by Tanma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Whatever we do, we should do it quickly. Master Arthur I have no intention of fleeing. We may be reserved people, but we are not cowards! Master De'kra it might not be necessary but its better if you talk to the guards. If anything should happen, we'll be there."

Edited by -obelix-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arthur leads his party back down the alley to where they'd entered it, passing Chalvo, and then try to go around to the left side of the building. Luckily, being a somewhat important Bonaparte building, it's stand-alone rather than crammed next to others like most of the taverns and shops on the docks. This wall of the office is also blank, however. The heroes have only yet to see the front and roof of the building now.

Edited by CallMePie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well,shall we look the front as well, or try our luck "talking"? I'm starting to get a little impatient my friends!" said the dwarf switching his staff back and forth from one hand to the other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hold on, let's try the front, that will likely be less suspicious."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"As you say master Arthur. Afterwords, if we find nothing, I think it would be a good idea to talk to the guards. I am not comfortable with all this sneaking around."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The party would be walking out onto the street, and would be within the guards' line of sight, just to make sure I haven't confused you too terribly. Will Arthur still lead the party to look at the front of the building?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.