Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now - Conclusion

I never said that i saw him kill Etzel, i only said i saw him target Etzel.

Anyway, yeah I've already admitted my roleclaim was flawed - it was my first time, give me a break. :tongue:

:laugh: Everything else you did more than made up for it. Next time, don't choose such a Scummy role, though. :tongue:

Ugh, how aggravating was it watching the Town switch vote targets three or four times a day? :hmpf: The last minute lynch of Bob was really annoying as we had a good plan worked out and then lost him in the last few hours of the day. :hmpf_bad: Stupid Town beating the Scum. :laugh: How could you?

:devil:

CMP, why the gloating? Never trust a word a scum says, that's what I always say :hmpf_bad::tongue:

Sorry about that. I just could not believe anyone was buying that theory, and I hate when such an obvious lynch manages to talk their way out of it. :blush:

My activity wasn't great, to be honest. I felt like just a sheep up until Day Six, but at least I was purposely trying to be somewhat quiet this time. The fact that our investigator was outed so early made me even more sure I had to stay alive.

I'm sorry it ended so terribly, WBD. I figured the fact that our vig was already dead and you claiming he was given a one-shot kill made me so sure you were the SK, when in actuality you really were decimating the scum for only the townies. You deserved to win. :cry_sad: DD too, I didn't suspect you at all up until I tracked you and you claimed tracker. If we hadn't pulled together so well at that point, you were set up to crush us. :thumbup:

It was really fun this time to be within the town block this time. After Day Four, I thought were screwed, with our vig and investigator gone and Hinck turned up scum (though at that point I assumed he had most of the PR names already. :tongue: ), so I was relieved when Draggy contacted me and it turned out we still had most of our roles.

I really loved this game, both presentation-wise and gameplay-wise. :sweet:

Was there paranoia and mistrust on scum team? OMG yes. From the very very begining there was so much paranoia from a couple of us. I've not been on a scum team often, but I can't imagine that they normally would behave this way - it makes winning just that much more complicated.

And just to drive the point home, you rolecopped Draggy instead of Scumba to verify what he had already told me since you thought he might be part of the cult too. So no, it wasn't just the kill that was changed. You wasted the rolecop on info I had already found out. :tongue:

So there. :blush: Sorry, just stating what happened because, in retrospect, it's funny. Just allowing other people to enjoy the mess we created. :laugh: Not trying to piss you off.

Redblade I have to say you played an awesome game too. You used your ability well and contributed a lot to finding other town PRs and scum as well, you're well on your way to being a fantastic EB Mafia player. :thumbup:

Aw, shucks. :blush:

Thanks for a great game TinyPies. The story was great and I really enjoyed playing (even though I was vanilla... again). :sweet: Day Six sure was stressful though. The nature of badboytje's role and Draggy seeming so eager to believe the words of a dead scum, among others, made us think there were two scum factions. Ironically, the existence of two vigs cast doubt about WBD's role throughout the game. I wonder why it was basically host-confirmed that Foog was the vig on Night Two. There certainly were some interesting roles in the game, specifically the investigator and the two-stage conversion, but I wonder what purpose they served in a game that was in essence a basic mafia game.

On top of that I just want to say. That theory, it totally fitted. I am just saying.

It totally did. You're brilliant. :grin:

There certainly were some interesting roles in the game, specifically the investigator and the two-stage conversion, but I wonder what purpose they served in a game that was in essence a basic mafia game.

I have to comment on this as I spend WAY too much time thinking about fun game configurations than is probably beneficial for my health. It's probably why I'm more inclined to believe unusual theories like Scuba's 2-team, 1 name idea. Those odd roles are what takes this from a basic game to a non-basic game. They added a LOT to the game. The investigator who had to compare two players rather than just look at one player at a time added a tremendous amount of intrigue to the game, and lent credit to Scuba's theory. That role may not have added much functionally, but it added a tremendous amount strategically.

It totally did. You're brilliant. :grin:

Agreed!

I have to comment on this as I spend WAY too much time thinking about fun game configurations than is probably beneficial for my health. It's probably why I'm more inclined to believe unusual theories like Scuba's 2-team, 1 name idea. Those odd roles are what takes this from a basic game to a non-basic game. They added a LOT to the game. The investigator who had to compare two players rather than just look at one player at a time added a tremendous amount of intrigue to the game, and lent credit to Scuba's theory. That role may not have added much functionally, but it added a tremendous amount strategically.

I agree, I think the bulk-investigator role was ingenious, even though the scum found out about it early on. It came with the benefit that you could investigate two townies on the same night, so potential if the other was killed, you would have a reading on the remaining target, not to mention if you happened to "clear" one of your targets by some other form, you got the other person as a bonus. The role's power was balanced by the fact that if the scum had a framer, all they would have to do was frame the investigator to give him basically insane results, should he target himself and another unknown individual.

My mind went back and forth so many times on Day 6, I just couldn't see Pandora being scum, but frankly the 2-scum team thing did not seem to work for me. I would have loved to see something like that, but I just didn't think it could be true, especially considering that it would require so many of the scum on one team to still be alive, etc. Don't get me wrong, I loved the theory, but somehow to me, it just didn't seem likely. CMP did seem like a better lynch, but I was hesitant about losing our tracker. The fact that there was only one night kill on the previous night made me believe that WBD could've been the remaining scum, but I was convinced that if there was one there had to have been two, so I thought Draggy was possibly the second. I did mention that WBD would make a better lynch than CMP, but it was too weak to really amount to anything. For a while I thought that, with the town block that we had, we could've just gone with no lynch for the day, but I knew I would be shouted at.

After that, I tried to throw some random "accusations" at Draggy with the hopes that if he were scum he would send one of his cronies to kill me, so that at least the number of scum to townies would not be as great as it otherwise would've been, hopefully. Well, as it turned out, he did send CMP on me, and I did kill him, but it didn't quite work out as I had expected since neither Pandora nor CMP turned up scum. For some reason on the last day I felt that Capt.Redblade was the only one whose towniness I was certain of. With us lynching WBD, I decided to track scuba, thinking that if he were scum he may have been doing no action when CMP tracked him because he had a leak, but now that CMP was dead, he wouldn't be cautious. However, I was mainly doing it to clear him.

This really was an awesome game, though, TPRU!

I really tried to analyze in this game and I think I was on the right track quite often, and made a lot of improvement since Excalibur or Jedi Mafia, but I still felt somewhat useless sometimes.

I really admired the town block though and their rather effective method of clearing people even without an investigator. :thumbup:

Yeah, you did really well, Palathadric. As the only one who really had an idea of what was going on Day 6, we were a little worried. Good thing no one was listening to you. :laugh:

Well Pandora had be pretty convinced that Draggy couldn't be "stupid" enough to actually be town and not see that that was happening, so I guess the argument was never really that well thought-out. :sceptic:

Edited by Palathadric

The two-scum theory was not implausible, and I was surprised it got knocked so much. More than one game here had ursurper style mechanics, where a second team was searching for the leader of another scum team, in order to take them over or join with them. So, there could have been two teams working at odds early on that got united in the game. It was unlikely that there were two scum teams left near the end of the game, but it could explain conflicting stories.

That, plus you never know what randomness hosts might throw in to keep a game "fresh."

And just to drive the point home, you rolecopped Draggy instead of Scumba to verify what he had already told me since you thought he might be part of the cult too. So no, it wasn't just the kill that was changed. You wasted the rolecop on info I had already found out. :tongue:

Sounds like you need to work at gaining the trust of your team before you try and tell them what to do Hinck. :laugh:

Pala, you were great at keeping a pretty level head in the face of my rampaging scumdar. I'm glad we had our little chat about your action too, it's always good to learn something from a game. :grin: Thanks for coming together with us at the end there. :thumbup:

The two-scum theory was not implausible, and I was surprised it got knocked so much. More than one game here had ursurper style mechanics, where a second team was searching for the leader of another scum team, in order to take them over or join with them. So, there could have been two teams working at odds early on that got united in the game. It was unlikely that there were two scum teams left near the end of the game, but it could explain conflicting stories.

It got a lot of knock from me because I knew I was town and so I couldn't be the leader of the second faction. :tongue: That and all of the people being accused were proven power roles in the town block, so they naturally knew it was wrong too.

Tiny, thanks again for a great game! The photography was excellent and I never lost interest in the game, even once I was dead.

And I hear that Genaro was annoyed with my "meat-shield" of him, which wasn't even a meat shield.

You really shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet :tongue: .

I'm not annoyed with you and based off what I know, I have no reason to be upset with you. I was upset when I was lynched (not at anyone in particular, more of the group as a whole) but I recognize that a large part of that was due to my own stupidity.

Tiny, thanks again for a great game! The photography was excellent and I never lost interest in the game, even once I was dead.

You really shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet :tongue: .

I'm not annoyed with you and based off what I know, I have no reason to be upset with you. I was upset when I was lynched (not at anyone in particular, more of the group as a whole) but I recognize that a large part of that was due to my own stupidity.

I don't think you were stupid at all. Maybe a little inexperienced, but there's no reason to think of your actions as stupid.

I was upset when I was lynched (not at anyone in particular, more of the group as a whole) but I recognize that a large part of that was due to my own stupidity.

I'm curious, what did really happen for your post to be written in a mix of font sizes?

If I remember correctly, he posted the response on the writeboard first for approval from us, and then copied and pasted it over. At least that's what I think happened. There were other odd fonts in this game too from people who weren't on the writeboard so... :def_shrug:

I was upset when I was lynched (not at anyone in particular, more of the group as a whole) but I recognize that a large part of that was due to my own stupidity.

I think there was a bit of confirmation bias in your lynch. For me, it wasn't that you did a lot more to convince me you were scummy so much as you didn't do much to convince me you weren't scummy. You hadn't really done much to that point to convince me you were trying to help town, although the same can be said for some quiet townies. The vote for White Fang on day 1 really was careless and excessive given the situation. Players who aren't paying attention will always cause me to take a harder look at them. Either they're not helping town, or they've already got other (scummy) ideas.

IMO, WBD was so successful as the Vig because when he's been vanilla in past games, he hasn't just tried to ride the coattails of the town power roles. He's been very active in trying to find scum, and he was able to take what he's learned then and apply it very successfully in this game. I would think the same will help him to appear townie the next time he's scum.

If I remember correctly, he posted the response on the writeboard first for approval from us, and then copied and pasted it over. At least that's what I think happened. There were other odd fonts in this game too from people who weren't on the writeboard so... :def_shrug:

I've had some issues adjusting to the new text editor. It's easier for people who don't want to deal with BBCode, but I've got a lot of experience with it and some of my base expectations were shifted. I usually compose long responses elsewhere just to keep track of my thoughts better.

Come to think of it, I think he was actually typing it in Word or something. It wasn't an issue of posting it on the writeboard first. I think if you bring text in from anywhere without turning off the RTE it adds the font to it...

IMO, WBD was so successful as the Vig because when he's been vanilla in past games, he hasn't just tried to ride the coattails of the town power roles. He's been very active in trying to find scum, and he was able to take what he's learned then and apply it very successfully in this game. I would think the same will help him to appear townie the next time he's scum.

Time to start working on appearing scummy. :tongue::laugh:

I'm curious, what did really happen for your post to be written in a mix of font sizes?

I would type my response in word and then transfer it over. I like to do that to insure that there are no spelling errors.

Unfortunately, you ended up with format errors instead :laugh: It's always a good idea to preview the post before you hit submit. I do it about a million times before I do :blush:

Time to start working on appearing scummy. :tongue::laugh:

That's a thing, too. You certainly want to be proven townie, but you also have to think about future games, plan ahead for when you're scum, so you gotta do a balance of both "styles of play" or else you're easily pegged on behavior alone.

Sign in to follow this