Daedalus304

Ideas and uses for BBB Clear Wheels

So I recently ordered a set of 8 small wheels from BBB (Wonderful wheels, nice guy!) and when I got them I discovered he threw in a couple clear small wheels for free. I was delighted and very intrigued to see them, to be sure, but now I've found myself wondering what to use them for. My best ideas so far include perhaps use as windows couple with a couple 1x4 arch bricks, and in fashion more distinctly related to trains I thought perhaps they could be used as just and extra, discreet pair of wheels on a model that needs them functionally, but not so much aesthetically.

It seems reasonable to think they're being offered and sold due to at least some level of demand, and I really would love to put them to good use; So here I pose my question out to the creative and knowledgeable people who pass by the Train Tech Forum: What do you use the Clear wheels for? What interesting uses have you perhaps seen other people find for them?

I have seen these on his site when ordering myself. I just assumed that they were offered like this so that people would have a set that was easy to paint into any colour they wanted without having to put loads of paint on them to overcome the underlying colour?

First thing I thought of when I saw this- "Ghost Train".

Not like the 'Monster Hunters' line with the skull face and the ghosts driving the train, or like in 'Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends' with Percy covered in lime, but a white and grey ish locomotive with clear 'ghostly' wheels and glow in the dark features.

I imagine the part could be used for loads of other things, but I really wanna see a ghost train. :tongue:

I have some very nice Ideas for the clear wheels :sweet:

I was thinking to use the small wheels for a sci-fi train and some clear medium drivers for a Sci-Fi steam :sweet:

I also would love it if they came in clear blue :wub: