You can sign me up for Train Tech!

:cry_sad:

I just want to join. I live in Nebraska, where rialroads have done a great shaping. Even my home town is named after a famous railroader.

I have made gazillions of LEGO trains in my life. I even worked on a 7897 Passenger train and made it into an awesome steamer.

I am also administrator for the Siouxland LEGO Train Group on MOCpages.

So please, please, please, ............................................................. please sign me up for train tech.

Hi Efullner. Welcome to Eurobricks and Train Tech. We're glad to have you join our LEGO Train Community. Please share some images of your collection if you'd like. :classic:

Yes, I am a train fan (or fanatic, to be precise). If you doubt my words because my reply in this thread comes so late, I must say that I've been very busy with my job and that I haven't been able to write here as much as before. Anyway, here's my story:

I wanted a train set so much, but Christmas was still far away. My birthday is one month and some days before Christmas. Since I wanted a train set so badly, I knew my parents wouldn't let me down. To prepare myself properly for the set I was going to get at Christmas, I asked and persuaded my parents to buy me 4546 Road and Rail Maintenance on or some time near my birthday in November. I was so happy to have it. At Christmas I got 4563 4563.gif. Wow, I was happy! I also got Level Crossing 4539 and a box of straight tracks 4515 for Christmas from other relatives. My brother got Railroad Tractor Flatbed 4543 as a present. Yay! My parents know how to manage things! What soon followed were track additions as soon as I had saved enough pocket money to buy them. Also I got some money from relatives on New Year's Eve. It's a tradition where I live. Just shake hands on Jan. 1st and wish them all the best for the new year and you get some money. Well, now I'm an adult and now I get nothing any more, of course; but it was fantastic to buy tracks, though my parents wouldn't let me spend all of the money for toys. I had to put some on my bankbook.

Sets like the Club Car 4547 followed. I had to use it with freight train 4563. For Christmas presents I had the choice between several smaller presents from various relatives or one big one for which my parents and some relatives would put together some money. I preferred more but smaller sets and the Metroliner was thus out of my reach.

What I could add due to saving pocket/birthday money and Christmas days in the following years were the Cargo Station 4555.GIF, Cargo Crane 4552 (actually I think it's a maintenance crane), Road and Rail Repair 4525, Freight and Crane Railway 4565, Level Crossing 4532, and Train Cars 2126... plus track additons: straights, curves, switches, crossings. At the age of 16 I found I was too old for LEGO trains though Classic Train 3225 was out then and I'd have loved getting it for Christmas. But I convinced myself I was too old for little plastic bricks that run on tracks. My Dark Ages began.

The discovery of eBay made me start buying Lego again. First, I only bought Lego to complete old sets with missing and broken pieces. I bought a lot of shields for my knights because the handle of some had been broken. And the clips of horse saddles and flags were broken too. Spears and swords were missing etc. EBay was wonderful to substitute long lost parts.

Finally, I discovered the Super Chief and I knew it was a must get. I bought two Super Chiefs at once from the same seller; it was an eBay buy-it-now offer. I didn't buy the train cars for the Super Chief too soon. The My Own Train series had also attracted my interest, and I bought the cars of that series without the steam engine 10205. I then started buying the Santa Fe Cars: 1x10022 and 1x10025. Later a second 10025 train car followed. When set 10022 was discontinued, I was sad, because prices were soon up, but I found one copy at a toystore for the price TLC recommended. So I finally had two 10025 cars and two 10022 cars.

After many eBay purchases later, I also own Train Engine Shed 10027 and other train sets. Just recently I won another 10025 MISB waggon in an eBay auction. I'm just modifying it into a passenger car. I also have two waggons and an engine built with the help of on-line instructions. I also have two 12V sets, which I won on eBay. They were used. These are Railway Station 7824 and Crane Wagon 7814. I like the classic charm of those two.

My train empire isn't expanding so much anymore. This is mainly due to the discontinuation of the 9V series. If it had continued, I'd be buying much more. But there are other great sets around that interest me much like the Emerald Night. I must still get that one and I'm looking forward to seeing a release of a second waggon for the Emerald Night. I hope TLC won't let us down.

Finally I'd like to say that collecting Lego train stuff is a hobby that has become very dear to me, but lacking space poses a real problem all the time. Nevertheless, I'm happy to have so much stuff and I'm happy to be one of so many train fans here on Eurobricks with whom I can share and discuss train-related stuff.

Edited by legotrainfan

Welcome LTF. I've been looking forward to seeing you post here. I'm glad you're part of our EB LEGO Train Community.

My Dark Ages lasted through some of the fantastic 9V trains as well; however, I was able to pick up 3225 Classic Train on Ebay during my Wild West re-entry into LEGO. It's a great little set. I just wish I had picked up more of these earlier 9V sets before the prices climbed so high. The Super Chief is a fantastic locomotive. I've got the SC and a number of my trains displayed on some shelves with limited table space. Now I can look at them every day. Unfortunately, dust is an issue.

In any case, welcome. :classic:

Hey there

Didn't notice there was a Train tech Registry topic here, so here it goes...

My name is Jan "Grunneger" van Dijken and I'm a trainfan as long as I can remember.

Legowise it all started with 133.gif and later 171.gif Gathered a lot of sets in my childhood and started with my dark age when I became 15.

Picked up my old hobby after trying to built a H0-layout which didn't succed (long story but included a girlfriend :sceptic: )

Found about the incredible community after a few hours searching the internet and was blown away by the marvelous creations I saw, especially the steam engines made by Ben Beneke.

I don't have any original sets in one piece at the moment. Everything is used as parts for other trains or added to my ever expanding collection of bricks.

Engines and rolling stock I have at the moment...

Designed and made by me...

BR66 http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Grunnege...66/dscf0006.jpg

Umbauwagen 4yg http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Grunnege...en/dscf0019.jpg

Coal wagon http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Grunnege...al/dscf0033.jpg

Designed by Ben Beneke and built (and changed) by me...

BR23 http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Grunnege...am/dscf0022.jpg

BR24 http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Grunnege...24/dscf0040.jpg

BR50 http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Grunnege...am/dscf0031.jpg

Designed by Puntcom and built (and changed) by me...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Grunnege...en/dscf0050.jpg

My largest project was building my own track.

I don't like the standard curve LEGo made so I decided to make my own track. http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Grunneger/MOT/dscf5191.jpg

It's based on standard 1-gauge track made by PECO. More information can be found in the third Railbricks Issue.

My plan is to built a complete layout situated in Germany during the 50's/60's. Don't know when it will be finished. I'm currently in a big pause because of a young (5 months old) and lovely daughter who decided that her dad needs to spend a lot more time with her and a lot less with his hobby. :laugh:

I hope it will change someday and maybe we'll be buidling together in a not so distant future!

Edited by Grunneger

Hi there. Welcome to EB's Train Tech Grunneger. That's a very interesting introduction -thanks for sharing. I love those old German black & red locomotives. They remind me so much of Marklin HO-scale trains (from the 60s/70s). I've always wanted to build one of those fantastic engines. I think I may have seen some of your trains on Brickshelf before and/or the web. Your large layout sounds interesting; you'll just have to give your daughter some Duplo and have her help you out. :laugh: In any case, welcome and I hope to see some of your future creations here in the Train Tech forum. :thumbup:

My plan is to built a complete layout situated in Germany during the 50's/60's.

Hi Grunneger,

I too plan to build a German layout, but I'm some way behind you. I'm currently building a BR50, and have used your pictures (and Ben's) as a reference. Mine has BBB wheels so I cant use Ben's LDraw file as is.

Welcome to Train Tech.

Peter

Edited by peterab

Finally I decided to write in Train Tech Registry and I'd like to join this community. But where should I begin?

We (my brother and me) got some mixed lego parts from our parents' friends from Germany (we live in Hungary), that included many parts, but, of course, no train parts or tracks. That was about in 1994, and I was that year 6 years old. We used this parts for 6 years, but than we packed all parts into a great box and put this box into one of our wardrobes. Couple of yers past, I started the university in the capital of Hungary (it's 60km from our home), and to get school, I used train every day (and I'm still using trains every day). In this years I came to like trains (especially Stadler FLIRT, which train is running on this line), and in 2007 I found the RC passanger train in a shop. I wanted to have it, and finally I made my parents to buy it for Christmas (that was two years ago, I was 19), but, fortunately, after building it I decided to make my own train modells. Two years past, I did my first (and second, and third...etc.) bricklink order, I got some 9V tracks and motors, a 9V level crossing, but I never found sets so interesting than own (or other's) creations.

I made many trains, but I didn't like them, so they won't survive more than a few days. I'm interested in low floored EMU-s (electric motor unit) with Jacobian-boogies, and my latest two creations are these trains. On of them is Nagy Piros Villamos introduced in the EB Train Tech Contest, and the newest one is Stadler FLIRT.

I'd like to build trackside structures after motorizing Stadler FLIRT (and perhaps an another Stadler FLIRT), my plans include a 300 stud long platform with roof and chairs and with working signals (with PF motor and lights).

I think, that's all, please sign me up to Train Tech. :)

Take a look at my BS-folder.

Nice -thanks for sharing.

I think, that's all, please sign me up to Train Tech. :)

Welcome Ashi. We're glad to have you. Your new passenger train looks fantastic.

Hi

Hello I am patrick , known on forums as Pat ore Patje

It has been long time,

that I were here on a visit , because insignificant of time

I must visit this forum more.

I am a collector of original legotrains,

I owner of this Internet site:

Visit My Website

:thumbup:

and webmaster of legotrainsforum :

Visit legotrein forum // legotrain forum

I have never built a moctrain,

must start to that urgently once. :cry_sad:

My my speciality in moc is landscapes for trains

generally for BeLug

my brickshelf gallery:

Visit My brickshelf gallery

my moc creations where I am known most in belug,

are trees en animals:

that go in the layouts of trains:

Visit the trees and animals

that was it then

Patje :blush::wink:

Edited by patje

I am a collector of original legotrains,

I owner of this Internet site:

Visit My Website

that was it then

Patje :blush::wink:

Absolutely amazing collection of Lego trains :cry_happy::thumbup:

Also I just stared when seeing your home display.

It would be nice to see you building some own creations too.

Hello,

my name is Thomas and I am a train fan for long years - starting with lego approximately in 1974, or so!

I own a gauge 1, H0 and Z Maerklin train and of course LEGO - my favorite system!

I live in Bavaria, between Munich and Nuremberg and my lego trains are:

4511, 4512, 4560, 4565, 10020, 10022, 10133, 10183, 10194, ... .

I plan to install a permanent train layout, planned with track designer!

Many greetings

Thomas

Sorry, don't know how to put in this nice little pictures!

Welcome to Train Tech, Thomas!

You can find the pictures here.

Reminds me to add pictures to my signature. :classic:

-quote removed-

brickster

how can i join the train tech registy im new at this and im lookin for clubs and such. and by the way im sorry for putting up the last comments of the trains on the other page i didnt see the train forum any were. my screen name is trainmaster5000/trainstation so if you can put me up in it thanks from pennsylvania usa chad

Hello all... I'm the Legoist. I am just an AFOL who's past the exit from his dark ages but still not yet into his renaissance :tongue: Meaning that my overall Lego "collection" (although I hate that word) is very small. As soon as I finally took the decision about three years ago to get massively into the hobby, children took the decision to get massively into our family, and house and wallet suddenly went on a dieting spree. On the bright side, kids are a great excuse to buy Lego :classic:

Lego Trains has always been my favourite theme. In my childhood I only had two trains, the 7725 7725.gif, and the battery train 7720 7720.gif, and a couple of individual wagon sets. On the other hand I had a good bunch of railway-related building sets, among which at least I remember the 7822 and 7824 stations, the 7838 and 7839 cargo points, and the electrified level crossing 7866. Unfortunately all my childhood Lego was given to charity by my parents.

Nowadays I again have two trains, the very old 7710 7710.gif and the still recent 7898 7898a.gif7898b.gif7898c.gif7898d.gif7898e.gif, plus a few extra wagons from various sources. I have no real layout because I have no space for it on a location that could remain out of reach of my still-in-Duplo-age toddlers. That means whatever I build has to stay at best displayed on high shelves or otherwise boxed away :sadnew:

Welcome to Train Tech Legoist. It's nice to see another "dad" join our forum. Kids always provide the best excuse to buy toys, but many around these parts would say that they don't need the slightest excuse to buy LEGO. LEGO Trains is a great theme, and how I wish that I could have purchased more when I was a kid during the late 70s. Rather, I didn't pick up the hobby until the My Own Train collection was available. But still, now I have a great collection and I enjoy them very well.

In any case, welcome again, and I look forward to reading some of your train topics, as well as seeing your train MOCs. Hope you enjoy the board. :thumbup:

Oh, BTW: do you have any of the Thomas trains for your toddlers. -They look like great trains for the little tots. :classic:

Find my current trains on brickshelf. (Cheap Elektronic Emerald Night)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=413106

My first Lego train I got in the late seventies. It was the 720 with blue 12V.

The two 7897 I got really cheap short before christmas 2008.

As I saw the Emerald Night in "the" demonstration video on youtube (

), I know, this is my train. But I would like to get it with IR remote control, but not with the really too expensive lithium one.

My List:

7897 x2

10194 Emerald Night

lot of old stuff, but not complete.

Well as the saying goes , DITTO DITTO !

Sign me up as well please.

My country town of New Mannum will be having 7897 and 7898 working also the 2010 ones when they come, plus the Emerald Night on display in the town plus the best train kit thats not a train - the AWESOME 10027 Train Engine Shed !!!!

I have started on MOC track repair equipment and soon signals and other track accesories too.

Welcome LP.

I have started on MOC track repair equipment and soon signals and other track accesories too.

Look forward to seeing your MOCs LT.

Welcome to Train Tech Legoist. It's nice to see another "dad" join our forum. Kids always provide the best excuse to buy toys, but many around these parts would say that they don't need the slightest excuse to buy LEGO. LEGO Trains is a great theme, and how I wish that I could have purchased more when I was a kid during the late 70s. Rather, I didn't pick up the hobby until the My Own Train collection was available. But still, now I have a great collection and I enjoy them very well.

In any case, welcome again, and I look forward to reading some of your train topics, as well as seeing your train MOCs. Hope you enjoy the board. :thumbup:

Oh, BTW: do you have any of the Thomas trains for your toddlers. -They look like great trains for the little tots. :classic:

Thanks a lot :classic:

We only have the Duplo cargo train 5609 (found half price :tongue:) ready to be opened, we were supposed to give it to the 2-years-old on Xmas but delayed because the kid might need a few months more to appreciate, at the moment is just stacking Duplo bricks on top of each other or playing with the minifigs and animals..

5609-1.jpg

Sign me up!

I've been playing with Lego since my childhood and my university days actually rekindled my love for Lego.

One of the new-found friends in university made mention of a Lego outlet store close by and I was addicted once again ever since.

The things that caught my eye were Technic and Trains. But during those days I lived a poor student life and could not afford much, and especially not Lego! Alas, I saved up enough for the re-released Metroliner and loved it!

Soon thereafter, I paid many regular visits to this outlet store and every once in a while I would bring something home from it :)

In terms of trains, I ended up purchasing the Santa Fe Superchief and one of the cars and the cargo train set.

There was a time when the "My Own Train" cars were all on sale and I hesitated (due to monetary concerns) and by the time I had made up my mind to bite the bullet, they were all sold out! I hesitated on the Burlinton Northern Santa Fe and the Engine Shed (which was on sale) and I really regret it as well! I could have just eaten Kraft dinner for a month to make up for rent money :)

I've since found locally 4 of the "My Own Train" cars (still missing the tanker, though that seems to be not liked by very many, yet pretty expensive at the same time in the after market). Just last night I was real excited to take delivery of the Emerald Night (but sad to say that instructions and stickers were mangled and I had already found a missing piece as I was building the passenger car). I've since contacted Lego to rectify this issue.

Due to space constraints where I am currently living (and part of my OCD) I generally only like to build and display (in shelves). I actually don't think I'll setup a layout any time soon. I'd like to consider myself more a collector.

I love my trains and I'm lucky to be working in a mass rapid transit environment and can comfortably afford Lego as a hobby! What more can I ask for? I will never make the mistake of letting sets go by ever again :)

My current collection:

a_4558_1.gif

4512d.gif4512c.gif4512b.gif4512a.gif

a_10025-pos.gif10020.gif

10183a.gif

a_10013_1.gifa_10014_1.gifa_10015_1.gifa_10017_1.gif

10194b.gif10194a.gif

These are sets that I'm still on the lookout for, and if anyone who has multiple sets wouldn't mind letting one go to a fellow train fanatic / collector at a reasonable price, do let me know!

a_10022-aus.gif

a_10016_1.gif10170.GIF10133.gif

a_4547_1.gif

10173e.gif10173d.gif10173c.gif10173a.gif

Edit: And my train setup :)

LegoTrains.JPG

Can't find space to display the Metroliner and the Hobby Train is still sealed.

Edited by j3tang