Sariel

10 Most Popular Technic Motors - Specs Chart

I drew a little aid for you, in collaboration with Philo:

motors-chart.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is simply a chart showing compared specs of 10 most popular LEGO motors, including torque, speed and mechanical power. The motors are listed from the one with highest torque to the one with lowest torque, and shown in the same scale, so you can see how they vary in size. The specs are presented as numbers and as bars, which quickly show which motor is stronger or quicker. The chart was designed to be print-friendly and fit on a single sheet of paper, so you can hang it above your workshop as an alternative to visiting http://www.philohome...s/motorcomp.htm when you need to look some specs up.

It should look fine when printed on the standard ISO A4 paper size (that is 210mm × 297mm), or bigger.

This is useful, but these units are missing from the chart:

Power Supply = 9V

Torque is in Newton-cm

Speed is in RPM

Mechanical Power is in Watts

That's a very useful chart guys. This can be referenced for years to come.

Still wonder if there will ever be a small PF motor.

Still wonder if there will ever be a small PF motor.

We can only beg and hope TLG hears us :wink: . Great guide Sariel, I will definitely use it!

tim

Nice chart. I wish they would re-release the RC motor core inside a modern PF-style housing. It's the only motor that has both power and speed, but it has an unwieldy shape and is difficult to place inside models, and is very expensive these days as well.

Nice chart. I wish they would re-release the RC motor core inside a modern PF-style housing. It's the only motor that has both power and speed, but it has an unwieldy shape and is difficult to place inside models, and is very expensive these days as well.

Agreed, this is what the PF-L motor should have been, or with even less gearing down!

Edited by allanp