Sign in to follow this  
Steinkopf

MOC: Tm 2/2 Baudiensttraktor

Indexed by Moderator

Hello Everyone

With the latest addition to the LBB fleet I thought I would like to do something different instead of a standard locomotive, for a while I have wanted to build a Permanent Way Shunter & Multipurpose Vehicle, I have a soft spot for these colourful and somewhat odd looking vehicles and in many respects they are the ugly ducklings of the locomotive world. Despite their rather quirky appearance these little locomotives are an extremely versatile piece of equipment and are regulary used by railways around the world for hauling track construction and repair trains as well as travelling on their own carrying a work crew in them.

The Tm 2/2 Baudiensttraktor was introduced to service on the LBB in 1987 and a total of 4 vehicles were purchased for the Permanent Way department for use on repair and construction trains, the Tm 2/2 are fitted with a pallet crane with a 1500kg capacity that can be used for lifting a variety of material and equipment. The Tm 2/2 units have a top speed of 50km/h and are rated at 280hp, they are capable of hauling a short rake of ballast hoppers or a variety of other wagons and equipment used by the Permanent Way department.

This vehicle is inspired by the Tm2/2 Class units 81-84 produced by Raco in 1985 for use on the RhB

8171846636_a84cdd7c29_z.jpg

8174772106_5381018f47_z.jpg

8171813823_9cd25eb7d1_z.jpg

8171842918_f764eee04d_z.jpg

Edited by Steinkopf

Same here, I :wub: this piece of rolling repair stock 'Steinkopf'.....it's high detailed yet has that classic 9V train feel to it ! :grin:

Brick On 'Steinkopf' ! :classic:

Terrible. Terrible. How could you do this model in Yellow of all colours? Dont you know that Red is the only colour for these fantastic locomotives? The crane should be yellow not red. Im absolutely mortified at these issues and will continue to sulk in a sullen mood as I contemplate how these are not actually real functional varieties. I formally hang up my designing shoes.

:devil:

Terrible. Terrible. How could you do this model in Yellow of all colours? Dont you know that Red is the only colour for these fantastic locomotives? The crane should be yellow not red. Im absolutely mortified at these issues and will continue to sulk in a sullen mood as I contemplate how these are not actually real functional varieties. I formally hang up my designing shoes.

:devil:

Like this one http://www.flickr.co...nen/3613129135/ :tongue: .

Edited by Steinkopf

Arggggn my eyes are burning. Yellow in real life.... Dont let it be soooooooo

Seriously for a minute im always impressed at how fantastically well detailed your models are. In Red. Of course!

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/diesel/Tm235/235_005_RBL.jpg

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/diesel/Tm235/SBB_Tm_235_009-8.jpg

This would be a slightly nicer larger version. In Red. Of course.

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/diesel/Tm234/234_064-2.jpg

And then as a little diddle litt'l one

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/diesel/Tm_I/439-Tm-mt.jpg

I like this very much. Now where do I get the yellow door...

If I remember correctly, the only time we had a plain yellow train door was in 7735's parcels wagon..

Lovely work, Steinkopf. Really like your axleboxes.. hard to tell there's a 9v motor beneath!

A real charismatic build.

Really nice vehicle, excellent and realistic design with good attention to detail.

Top notch.

That is an interesting little engine. So it has a 9V motor and actually runs? I guess that is one benefit over PF as I doubt it would be possible to do something like this without having to hide stuff in trucks on behind that would have to be there constantly.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

That is an interesting little engine. So it has a 9V motor and actually runs? I guess that is one benefit over PF as I doubt it would be possible to do something like this without having to hide stuff in trucks on behind that would have to be there constantly.

Yes, the model is powered by a 9v Train Motor so it can haul a wide variety of Permanent Way wagons that I have built such as the 20ton Construction Crane or a rake of Ballast Hoppers. The only downside with using the train motor is that I have had to limit the body length to 16 studs long, I would have liked to have built her a bit more longer to emulate vehicles such as the Plasser & Thuerer OBW 10 or the Windhoff built Tm 2/2s, luckily though this type of vehicle comes in all shapes and sizes and there are quite a number of smaller designs available such as the OBW Junior and the RACO Tm 2/2s.

Edited by Steinkopf