Hi guys, i've just built this quad....it's remote controlled and has RTC steering

i hope you like it :)

today it's raining and i can't take clear pictures...but i will...and ill shoot a mini video too :)

2z68q3p.jpg16lljdz.jpg241pld0.jpg

Edited by piterx

i've never made instructions...mainly because i dont plan my models on the pc but i plan them while im building lol....but if you want i can take some pictures of the frame without panels and motors :)

Don't worry about it then. :classic:

I guess I will need to start making some boring old cars and off road stuff in the future. :blush:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Finally a chain driven driveshaft :)

Edited by Tadej

Excelent work! That's the first Power Functions ATV I have seen! Very accurate, you clearly have knowledge of the real machines.

The Spoilers used as mudguards look tops :thumbup:

It must do wheelies with that gear rato!

Keep up the good work.

ehehe unfortunately no wheelies with that ratio lol :P it's less than 1:1

i can't put 1:1 ratio or more because of the chain weakness, it breaks up when the ratio is too high...even if the model is enough light to have a 2:1 ratio probably...

ill shoot a video soon this week once it stops raining outside lol :P

ps: damn i forgot the foot pedals :D i'll add em right now eheh

Edited by piterx

here's in Honda colors :)

but i prefer kawasaki colors because im really sick of red models XD

2guzkn7.jpg

Hey mate, I think I can solve the power problem... simply add another gear to each axle and run two chains!

It aught to transmit twice as much powerbut it will probably need some reinforcement on the motor output axle.

Also, make sure the chain is linked in the direction in this picture, I've tested it to be stronger this way.

Twin_chain.jpg

I don't think that the idea posted above would look that good. It would clearly work, no problem, but it'll be sticking out from the side another 2 studs and that would interfere with the wheels, and also with a potential rider's legs.

Is it even necessary to make it go faster anyway?

well...the faster it goes the more funny it's gonna be :P

at the moment it has nice crawling potential...probably this is the best gear ratio if i take it for an off-road drive :)

but im gonna try the double chain with a 1:1 ratio that could be funnier :D

I don't think that the idea posted above would look that good. It would clearly work, no problem, but it'll be sticking out from the side another 2 studs and that would interfere with the wheels, and also with a potential rider's legs.

Is it even necessary to make it go faster anyway?

Of course it should go faster! It's an ATV, a four wheeled motorcycle... not a tractor or a great big off road truck!

There needs to be more fast things around here...

Can you show us video? Please:)

i totally agree with kierna :D

all these models are usually boring because they're too slow :)

anyway, video is coming soon :)

i've tried with the double chain but it's almost the same, chain tends to slip or break...

the model isn't so heavy: 600g with big wheels you've seen in pictures or 500g with 8081 ones

the problem is that xl motor has too much torque and slow speed...so if you gear it up, things are gonna slip and be damaged by the high torque...

once ill finish my Fiat Uno model, im gonna try to make a smaller atv that can go faster than this :P in the meanwhile im gonna shoot the video anyway :D

Edited by piterx

@ piterx: Perhaps you could drive your MOC with the 8879 "Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control" unit, so that you could start off slowly and build up speed without breaking anything:

8879-1.jpg

If you are breaking chains I think the issue is the fact that your gears are different sizes to each other,If you can make the chains gears the same size then gear down/up to the wheels.