Sign in to follow this  
def

SH-CCC: Amazing Fantasy 15

For the contest, I really wanted to go with an X-Men cover, specifically, my all time favorite issue, Uncanny X-Men 137, but I just don't have the mini-figs to pull it off :cry_sad:

I will probably tweak this over the next few weeks, or try a issue of Spider-Man, probably my second-favorite series. While I was able to set this up, it was really hard posing the minis, and even harder to get the background to show up... Any advice would be taken seriously :classic:

8181432544_d0e38d1054_z.jpg

AmazingFantasy15.jpg

8181432504_285346cf9a_c.jpg

And this isn't my submission, but hoping to get the vibe across :sweet:

Nice but the shirt looks a little too chunky!

Is that advice? :wacko:

I will probably tweak this over the next few weeks, or try a issue of Spider-Man, probably my second-favorite series. While I was able to set this up, it was really hard posing the minis, and even harder to get the background to show up...

Nice start. To get more of the background in focus, you'll have to manually set your camera's aperture F-stop to a higher value like F11 for example. If your camera doesn't have manual controls, then you may have to play with the scene modes. I think a landscape mode might work. You may to shoot further away and crop the image.

http://www.cambridge...th-of-field.htm

Hope that helps.

Edited by dr_spock

Awesome work! Though there is one thing I wonder if you could try. You may have already tried this but see if you can match the pose of Spiderman with both his legs dragging behind (slightly offset with each other of course) rather than matching what the cover itself looks like. It might look silly, it might add a little more dynamic. I don't knowww :tongue:

Awesome work! Though there is one thing I wonder if you could try. You may have already tried this but see if you can match the pose of Spiderman with both his legs dragging behind (slightly offset with each other of course) rather than matching what the cover itself looks like. It might look silly, it might add a little more dynamic. I don't knowww :tongue:

Thanks, I've packed up my gear for the night, so maybe tomorrow :wink:

This looks great now! The more streamlined holds on both the spiderweb and the other minifig makes a huge difference. Well done and good luck in the contest.

The update has made this look so much better! It's awesome!!! The only thing I would recommend you do (if you feel like taking another pic) would be to turn Spidy's head so we can see a bit more of his face - I think that might be a touch more interesting. Either way, excellent job!