Darth Dino

[MOC] Classic Space Ship "200"

Hi

i have got from a friend a huge Classic Space colection consisting out of ~15 sets mostly Futuron and Classic Space.

After sorting, washing for days and sorting again here is my very first attempt of a MOC "200", just containing the parts from the vintage sets.

LCS_200_1.jpg

I tried to get the siluette of the ship as close as possible to the Classic Space logo, seen on any ship and any torso.

LCS_200_3.jpg

It should had some nice play features like opening the "roof", turn the radar or carrying a litte moon buggy.

LCS_200_5.jpg

That is the closed "roof" where you can get an early overview of the interior.

LCS_200_6.jpg

You had to flip both, the radar and the "roof" to access the interior.

LCS_200_4.jpg

Of cause you can open the other windows if one of those lovely guys is still smelly from the 26 years on the attic ;)

LCS_200_7.jpg

That is my commander, sitting on its computer console.

LCS_200_8.jpg

Did you noticed i love those printed computer parts? This pilot had a lot of button to press and a lot of levers to move before this ship is going where the commander commands it!

LCS_200_9.jpg

The back, engines and the attached buggy.

LCS_200_10.jpg

Every good thinĀ“ is connected via a technic pin! (it rymes!)

LCS_200_11.jpg

The underside. I was glad to have so many tilted pieces.

LCS_200_12.jpg

The driver and his folded buggy.

LCS_200_13.jpg

...unfolded...

LCS_200_14.jpg

...and seated :)

I hope you enjoyed it as i still do! I am glad to hear your comments.

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino

I love it. It's clean yet bricky and captures the feel of the Classic space sets. For some reason I really like the large window areas where the crew can actually look out and view the space or sky around them. And the control panels are pretty cool as well. It's a space ship, it should have every dial and guage and digital readout ever made! Too many sets think a 1x2 printed tile is good enough...

Only detraction is the little buggy fitting on right under the thrusters. Surely it would be burnt on every take off?

Overall though, far more positives. Good work!

Awesome! All that trans blue... And the shaping...

The buggy is awesome. IĀ“m pretty sure at least half of the crew is needed to press all those buttons though.

Sweet MOC using the basic design of the Futuron Stardefender 200... I always wanted that set when I was a kid, but could never seem to afford it....

And it's amazing to see such old pieces looking so clean and unfaded :classic:

My thoughts exactly! I wish LEGO still made some of those printed slope bricks (I'm just glad that most of the ones they still make are readily available through Pick A Brick).

Hi

thank you for all the kind replies.

@El H: Yes, the buggy might be burned when those trusters fire on. But i tried to put it at the bottom of the ship, so most of the engines are not covered by the buggy. My thinking was: Kids do not care, so Lego would not care, so i do not care ;)

@Hikaro: Yes, the roofpirce isfrom that stardefender 200 set, but funnily i did not care. I have four of those pieces here in total, one unprinted, two with square pattern, amd the one with the "200" on it. I just liked the "200" more than the others without realising that the piece has been already used in a similar way.

@all: Yes, most of the pieces are in good condition, but i also reduced the saturation of orange in the final image. This and hiding the worst pieces inside and unseen make it good looking from the outside. I also covered brownish pieces with freshy white ones ;)

Dino

Very good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

But the small crawler isn't burned by the engines??? :classic:

I miss the old space sets... even though they had simple bricks (to a degree) they had the coolest cockpits :) I like how this one can cover the whole bridge area :)

Yeah I think I'm more impressed with the cleaning of the vintage pieces than the build :laugh:

Nice homage to simpler times :smile:

The word is Cool ! :grin:

I really like the opening roof and all those buttons and flashing lights ! :laugh:

Brick On Expore On 'Darth Dino' ! :wink:

I love the overall shape of this MOC and the big windows. It shows that you can make great looking models using only traditional bricks and construction styles.

I miss the old space sets... even though they had simple bricks (to a degree) they had the coolest cockpits :) I like how this one can cover the whole bridge area :)

Agreed. Giant and miscellaneously shaped cockpits are always good.

Edited by DraikNova

This ship is pure Classic Space style, and yet the use of some pieces and design choices give it a subtly modern feeling. For instance, I'd like to cite that cockpit interior as one of the best I've seen using only CS-style pieces (as opposed to the more greebled feel that you often get from say a Neo-Classic Space MOC), and the windscreen shaping feels 'natural' construction-wise while looking very appealing. And of course the interior space of the craft is impressive given the size of the model overall; I've never been able to achieve this level of floor space inside a space craft, much to my regret. The fact that you managed to find a way to attach a buggy to it is a neat bonus! This model is amazing in ways I can't praise enough. :classic:

cool, really! Nice to see that someone wants to build the "classic space ship" itself. :-)

Fotos are professional, too.