Cecilie

Fabuland layout by Quarryman and Cecilie (WIP)

builders_guild.gif

Last weekend our LUG (Brikkelauget) displayed at LEGO Norway's 50 year anniversary event. Quarryman and I thought it would be fun to make a Fabuland layout for this, and so we did. Unfortunetaly, other projects (a mountain for instance...) got in the way of building time for this, so this still has to be considered a work in progress, but hopefully, we'll have a more detailed layout ready for our next event. So here are some pictures of what we were able to put together at the event :sweet:

8150021740_ac2941a15e_c.jpg

Quarryman's tree house:

8169122283_8d2698a34a_c.jpg

The inside of my bank:

8169152058_30e211c16b_c.jpg

My bank in the background, Peppermint's croc chopper in front:

8169120771_ca3bfcc23b_c.jpg

My school (next to my red house):

8169120951_15afd946f4_c.jpg

Lionel driving past Quarryman's tavern:

8169120605_9e5a88972a_c.jpg

My yellow submarine, with a familiar inhabitant:

8169150700_b5744fc4ff_c.jpg

My riverside croc brother's cabin:

8169150574_d3fb1cd298_c.jpg

My little mouse hole for Maurice in Quarryman's Burp Hill:

8169150220_2aefe4871a_c.jpg

And here comes Quarryman's monorail:

8169149270_ba03895fe0_c.jpg

8169148868_f9e3059d59_c.jpg

Thanks so much to Peppermint for lending us her croc chopper and Lionel's ride :sweet:.

And before anyone comments on that: yes, the ramps to get across the monorail on the road are a bit steep, but they were very hastily added at the last minute, because no ramp would have looked even stupider :tongue:... And I wasn't prepared at all for Quarryman putting the lower level of the monorail two bricks above ground, and not having prepared a suitable ramp :laugh:.

Additional pics can be viewed in my flickr. I can see that I should have taken more pics from different angles, but I was so busy running back and forth between this and my mountain to keep the kids from knocking things over and derailing the trains, and to fix all the disasters they caused, that I didn't remember to take any more pictures...

Fantastic layout :thumbup:

I saw your layout at the exhibition in Oslo and I was very impressed.

Fabuland figures are very cute. It's nice to see them used in a layout.

Wow, this is so cute! I need to get some Fabuland stuff, and the colors on that train, perfect! :thumbup:

I have a sudden desire to build with my monorail stuff. :tongue:

This is nice layout. I haven't seen anything like this before (no such size Fabuland scene). My favourite is the yellow submarine (wonder why :blush:it reminds me of great band).

This is a very very nice layout and I enjoy viewing this very much, despite of the layout being a WIP. It looks real great as it is! Looking forward to see more updates!

Thanks for the nice comments everyone :sweet:

:wub: Great layout, so cute. Look at that hardworking computer monkey! Hehe.

Who says he's hardworking? :laugh:

Fantastic layout :thumbup:

I saw your layout at the exhibition in Oslo and I was very impressed.

Fabuland figures are very cute. It's nice to see them used in a layout.

They are indeed very cute :sweet:. It was fun hearing the children exclaim things like "look mum, it's just like your old LEGO!" :laugh:

Wow, this is so cute! I need to get some Fabuland stuff, and the colors on that train, perfect! :thumbup:

I have a sudden desire to build with my monorail stuff. :tongue:

Quarryman loves to use special colors :tongue:

This is nice layout. I haven't seen anything like this before (no such size Fabuland scene). My favourite is the yellow submarine (wonder why :blush:it reminds me of great band).

I haven't seen many such Fabuland scenes either, it's a really fun thing to do though :sweet:. And we all live in yellow submarines, don't we? :wink:

SUPERB!

Maybe not quite yet, but it may become so :wink:

Really great, thanks. I guess the submarine is my favorite but it's hard to choose for sure.

Yey submarine! I built than one really quickly the day before the event actually :laugh:.

This is fabulous. Using the dino set figures for a playground is a neat idea.

Who says it's a playground? :look::laugh:

This is a very very nice layout and I enjoy viewing this very much, despite of the layout being a WIP. It looks real great as it is! Looking forward to see more updates!

Thank you :sweet:. Next chance for displaying this will be in April, so hopefully we'll both have some time to make updates for then.

It's a nice start and with some extra time I am sure it will grow into a beautiful layout.

I just need to not have any other crazy big projects at the same time :laugh:. And Quarry needs to stop going away every damn weekend :tongue: