ER0L

MOCs: Vintage Cars (2nd batch)

[Edit, 10 October 2018]

Note: This thread is discontinued. If you're interested in more cars of this kind please join me on Flickr.

[/Edit]

Hi all,

this is the second batch of the vintage cars series (more vehicles to follow). I have moved the last one (not yet indexed) to this thread. So the first thread (see http://www.eurobrick...opic=73182&st=0) contains 9 vehicles now.

#10: Vintage Truck (Gangster Version)

1351676928m_SPLASH.jpg

A simplified version of the more colourful Vintage Truck you can find here (#9). The presentation is strongly influenced by the amazing work of LegoManiac over on Flickr.

Here you can see the vehicle in action. Don't ask me what's all this stuff, I don't ask them either. :wink:

8144840358_7b4f2bb3fb_z.jpg

More pice here.

#11: Vintage Fire Truck

1352473649m_DISPLAY.jpg

1352473637m_DISPLAY.jpg

No openable doors, no detachable roof, no suspension, no steering - but a nice steering wheel and column ;-) This started as a mod of the fire engine from Fire Brigade 10197 but ended quite differently, although I have kept some details (e.g. the ladder). I really love the original truck but it didn't fit within the other vintage cars. I am not too fond of this kind of fenders, I must say - but since it's a truck the height is okay, I think. Couldn't think of a different solution here. Credits to Lego Fire Museum (http://www.mocpages....lder.php/106210), some inspirations) and BigBoy (http://www.1000stein...myimages/bigboy, use of the gray tires).

More pics here.

Thanks for looking, c&c welcome as usual!

Edited by ER0L

Another couple of great-looking vintage cars. While I've never seen any really bad builds from you, these days you just never disappoint. Keep it up!

Great job! I love all these vintage vehicles you've been doing. Thank you for sharing them - they're a wonderful inspiration!

Curtis

Not sure how I missed this fire truck over at MOC, but wow! Great use of flex hose and love the chrome accents.

Thanks to your tip to me earlier, I've now managed to get my hands on some grey tires as well as smooth black. Waiting on 3 peices to finish off the stepside in tangible bricks.

I love the Firetruck EROL. I think this one would be a better one for the FireDepartment than the oficial one. I thing that on is to wide. It dwarfs the other vehicles in my town. You show great skills in building vehicles. My compiments.

Fantastic. #10: Vintage Truck is fabulous. I love all the details. Rear end is especially nice. Great job.

These are awesome! :wub:

Thank you Dapper-D2!

They are great, very nice looking. :thumbup:

Thanks monsinjor!

OMG ! :wub:

So detailed and perfect for the era.......Brick On Drive On 'ER0L' ! :grin:

Glad you like (or love?) them LT!

Another couple of great-looking vintage cars. While I've never seen any really bad builds from you, these days you just never disappoint. Keep it up!

Nice to hear that from you L@go!

Great job! I love all these vintage vehicles you've been doing. Thank you for sharing them - they're a wonderful inspiration!

Curtis

Thanks a lot Curtis!

Very nice, saw them already @ 1000steine.de

Many thanks JopieK!

Not sure how I missed this fire truck over at MOC, but wow! Great use of flex hose and love the chrome accents.

Thanks to your tip to me earlier, I've now managed to get my hands on some grey tires as well as smooth black. Waiting on 3 peices to finish off the stepside in tangible bricks.

Thanks a lot Dean! It's nice you are using the smooth tires - in my opinion the profiled ones aren't suitable for a vintage car. Looking forward to the finished MOC!

I love the Firetruck EROL. I think this one would be a better one for the FireDepartment than the oficial one. I thing that on is to wide. It dwarfs the other vehicles in my town. You show great skills in building vehicles. My compiments.

Thanks for your nice comment Dutch Guy! Actually I didn't change its width - and this one is still longer than the original truck. (Honestly spoken you can't close the back gate any more, but that's quite easy to fix ... I'm glad there is a gate at all! :wink: )

Fantastic. #10: Vintage Truck is fabulous. I love all the details. Rear end is especially nice. Great job.

Thanks a lot solta, nice to hear that from you!

Many thanks all for commenting and viewing!

#12: Vintage Sedan (revised)

While there isn't much time to work at the gas station right now (there will be an entry, guys :wink: ) the light was fine today to shoot a photo of the revised Vintage Sedan (see http://www.eurobrick...25#entry1385761) which, like the Corvette, has undergone several changes in the last few months. The grille has been enlarged and is slanted a bit now, which improves the looks a lot IMHO, there are different tires, the bumpers have been changed to get more stability at the front, and there are some chrome headlights now.

Alas, it only fits two figs like before, but well ...

8561172031_b22a1bd77f_c.jpg

C&C welcome as usual, thanks for looking.

Edited by ER0L

well done. the suicide rear and front bumper are definitely highlights :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Dean!

Totally awesome. B E A utiful.

Glad you like it SirDuc!

Nice! Very sleek, clean and detailed design.

Many thanks Akm310!

Due to some criticism over on Flickr concerning the roof I have built an alternative version, derived from the roof of the Coupé/Runabout, see 8565212242_dda20be76d.jpg

You may decide which one you like better! :wink:

Thanks a lot all for commenting and viewing, hopefully there will be some more vintage cars soon.

Edited by ER0L

These are brilliant. I wish LEGO gave us vintage cars sets, so many options.

Would be amazing if you could post instructions or something...

Great vintage sedan. Design is amazing. I love the overall line. Congratulations.

These are brilliant. I wish LEGO gave us vintage cars sets, so many options.

Thanks a lot CDC! Yes, that would be really really great. If only there were still the Indiana Jones Sets, I don't own any of them ... :sceptic:

Would be amazing if you could post instructions or something...

Sorry, no instructions, since I don't work with LDD. But I'm of course willing to help if somebody plans to do so. You may find further pics of the vintage cars on my MOCpages account, see http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/81722

Great vintage sedan. Design is amazing. I love the overall line. Congratulations.

Thanks a lot solta, always appreciated!

#13: Two-seater

14331702890_a0623defb4_c.jpg

Hi all,

after quite a while with more technical stuff another oldtimer car, in fact a revamped version of an older MOC. The idea was to combine the new 1 x 2 curved slopes (really a great thing) with the already known tilted fender design - which seems to work quite well:

14510225192_05d1537737_c.jpg

The result is quite a low car with flowing lines - a concept that hopefully can be developed further.

14509969654_57bc7b7787_c.jpg

To be continued.