dr_spock

[MOC] Invisible plane for Wonder Woman

Ever since I bought 6862 Superman vs Power Armour Lex, I wonder if it would be possible to build an invisible plane for Wonder Woman with a Pick a Brick wall cup of 1x2 transclear plates and what little other transclear parts I had. I started snapping 1x2 plates together one November evening and an all transclear invisible jet plane appeared. Now she has something to evade/attack Power Armour Lex with instead of being in his grasp like a damsel in distress.

8151311220_ba27833e07_z.jpg

wonder woman invisible jet by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

It is swooshable without falling apart.

I like mine a little better, take a look:

What do you think?

Ha ha, couldn't resist. Your MOC is cool, thanks for sharing.

^I cant see yours.

That's the point. :laugh:

Nice work, Spock! Do you have any more clear cheese slopes to smooth out the angles of the wings? I think you can get them from Pick-a-Brick as well.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

That looks neat! Isn't there a MOC of one in one of those LEGO idea books or the new Batman encyclopedia?

Either way, it looks great! Keep up the good work. I wish the pick a brick near here had 1x2 clear plates.

Nice work, Spock! Do you have any more clear cheese slopes to smooth out the angles of the wings? I think you can get them from Pick-a-Brick as well.

Thanks. I could raid my Boeing 777 Dreamliner for clear cheese.

I like mine a little better, take a look:

What do you think?

Yup, yours is definitely better. It is amazing that it is really invisible. Where did you find the invisible Lego. Gotta get me some. :laugh:

That looks neat! Isn't there a MOC of one in one of those LEGO idea books or the new Batman encyclopedia?

Either way, it looks great! Keep up the good work. I wish the pick a brick near here had 1x2 clear plates.

Thanks. I don't know if there is a MOC of one in the idea books or Batman encyclopedia. I don't have those books but it would be cool to see it.

^I cant see yours. ^^ I like it but it stops a little abruptly at the front.

I'll see if I can make the front pointy with either 1x2 plates and/or 1x1 cheese.

Yup, yours is definitely better. It is amazing that it is really invisible. Where did you find the invisible Lego. Gotta get me some. :laugh:

They've got them in the special PAB section at the shop in Billund, just mention "Eurobricks" and you're in :drunk:

This is great. The best wonderwoman plane I've seen yet. You've inspired me to finally go looking through my own trans clear box to see if I can build my own. Well done.

I updated it a bit.

8212790804_411b885b9b.jpg

wonder woman jet v2 by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

This is great. The best wonderwoman plane I've seen yet. You've inspired me to finally go looking through my own trans clear box to see if I can build my own. Well done.

Thanks. I look forward to seeing your build.

Pretty cool. I noticed that I have all the parts to make this...

How come I didnt think of it? :hmpf_bad:

Thanks. It's never too late to start one. :classic: I wonder if Lego is going to come out with one.

Thanks guys. :classic:

OK, well here is my take on Wonder Woman's invisible jet:

invisiblejet3 by light2525, on Flickr

I'm not ecstatic about the cockpit, but a fun build nonetheless.

I like your concave wings. They look good. Interesting use of 2x4x2 windscreens for the cockpit. I would never have thought of using them like that. :classic:

Interesting use of 2x4x2 windscreens for the cockpit. I would never have thought of using them like that. :classic:

Thanks. I like the shape they give me. I just don't love the obstructed view of the cockpit that this build gives. Trying to come up with something better, but my limited supply of trans clear is making that tough.

Awesome. I was trolling bricklink for pieces to make the invisible jet, but so cool to see what you made with "normal" bricks. Well done.

Wonder Woman's invisible plane looks great. I think the wings look quite well-detailed. :sweet:

They've got them in the special PAB section at the shop in Billund, just mention "Eurobricks" and you're in :drunk:

Are you lying? Because if not, That sounds cool.

Spock and Wonderpuddle, I love both of those. I'm working on one as a gift for a friend, but I'm throwing in a few white pieces here and there. It's a big cheat, but time is running out. :)

I do hope LEGO makes an official set someday, but I won't hold my breath.

Thanks jedikermit. Good luck with your build. It is always fun to build under pressure. :classic:

Yup, yours is definitely better. It is amazing that it is really invisible. Where did you find the invisible Lego. Gotta get me some.

I have a big old tub of invisible LEGO, most of us do. Only one little problem, I can't see them to build anything, so they just sit, gathering invisible dust.

BTW: The airplane is really good! Just A few more cheese slopes and it will be great!

Andy D