Sign in to follow this  
Glory_Forever

The Temple of Dawn

8170683557_d9123f29e6.jpg

8170683179_c0f5e13788_n.jpg

During a period of peace and prosperity., the Temple of Dawn was a place for shogun, samurai and daimyo to pursue and develop art forms intended to keep the minds of military men off of war.

Ever since I took part in the CCC, I’ve always wanted to enter the Master Builder category. However, I never seemed to have the time/parts to do it. This year I got the chance.

The temple itself is quite large. It is 17 inches tall, 24 inches in length and 20 inches wide. I started building it for the Misc. Category a week before the contest began. So this build, is the product of two and a half weeks’ time, not one and a half. :D The inspiration for this came from some beautiful concept art which I found online. I knew that I would need more than just great concept art to build a worthy entry so I asked Blake if he would give me some CC on the work in progress. He provided vital input on the build. The rest is history.

More photos on Mocpages soon.

Thanks for all the support,

-Noah

Edited by Glory_Forever

This is beautiful. Love the roof and how the building is built into the rocks.

Beautiful! As others have said, fantastic roof, love the golden strip especially! :thumbup: Awesome job! (No close-ups though? :wink: )

Beautiful roof :wub: The building itself is superb too as is the landscaping :thumbup:

Going to be a tremendous CCC with you, Mark, DC, and others all going for MB :classic:

I absolutely love Japanese architecture...it's so distinctive and has some really cool and unusual aesthetics. I think you've nailed it in this MOC (it makes me wish they'd done more with the original Ninjas line). The roof shape really is fantastic; well done!

I've visited Japan twice now, and really ought to get my photos uploaded. Most of them are Tokyo cityscape shots, but I took my camera with me to Kyoto and Osaka too. I can upload them to Flickr if you, or anyone else who is into this type of architecture, would find them helpful. It might be an incentive to get them all organised!

Thanks guys for the kind words of support! There is more photos here http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/346133.

@Matin_B I would love to see your shots! I'm planning on making the rest of my entries asian themed, so I would love to be able to stop seaching the internet for good photos! Send me an email at mcclung_noah@yahoo.com if you decide to get your photos uploaded.

Can only say Amazing!

The vegetation with the stone`s, the roof and the house self, so many details, great work.