Sign in to follow this  
Sid Sidious

Problem posting a link

After Eurobricks went to the new server, I haven't been able to post links as words. In the old version, clicking on insert link would give me a space to put in the URL and another space to put in the word to make regular words link to other pages (like in Wikipedia). Now, I can only put in the URL and it comes up as something like:

http://asdfghjkl.org/

. How can I make it so that clicking on the word links to another page? Edited by Sid Sidious

You have to turn off the rich text editor. Once you do that, the same BBCode as before will work to add links. For example...

I usually keep Rich Text on, and then if I have to add a link I'll turn it off, type in the code and a word or two afterward, and then go back to Rich Text mode. As an added bonus, toggling Rich Text on and off acts as a quick version of the Preview function, meaning I can see right away if I've messed up the codes. :wink:

It's still possible to achieve this in the rich text editor. Simply type the normal text you want to become a link first, then select it and click the insert link button. Type in the URL as usual. The selected text will become a link, and the URL address will not show.