Sign in to follow this  
Derfel Cadarn

Dedication!

Hey guys,

This is my first entry for CCC X - Medieval Life

In the far North of Avalonia, on the border of Mitgardia, a forge can be found. Owned by Balig the Blacksmith whose fame spreads throughout the land. Throughout the harsh bitter cold climate, Balig works hard at his trade and produces only the most finest of weapons, highly respected and truely dedicated to his work!

This is my attempt to try and better my 'Ye Olde Forge' moc. The setting is obviously different this time around and a lot more work went into this model, however, I think this moc would have benefitted more by being in a countryside setting rather than snow.

Either way, im pleased with the result.

8167495788_ee00e5655a_z.jpg

8167491740_dd303361fd_z.jpg

8167455225_e1a4410b31_z.jpg

8167482822_1265acfc6d_z.jpg

8167477476_8e1d2853d9_z.jpg

I just think that your mocs are always great no matter how defensive you get about them. Actually you're building in a completely different league, sorta like the CL of mocing!!

*oh2* *oh2* Your MOC are always fantastic, I love how you made the wall and the piles of snow :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is super beautiful and you are my master. One thing though... For some reason it just seems like the minifigues are too small for the build. Maybe it is just me, but it just feels slightly off for some reason.

Even so, I would kill to borrow your skills!!

Either way, im pleased with the result.

You should definitely be pleased with this. It is stunning! :wub_drool:

I love the wood panelling and how the chimney and roofs flow seamlessly.

and you just put me out of that category!

will you be entering more CCCX things?

brilliant MOC, i prefer this to your other forge, also your new style is great, snot tiles AND studs just does it!

also its good to see I'm not the only yellow switching to flesh!

~Legonardo

Edited by Legonardo

Great job with this building, very interesting they way you've been using mostly dark earthy colors, it gives your MOCs a very everyday life feel. :thumbup: Beautiful stone work on the house, and love the roof as well!

Beautiful :wub: I especially like the wood sections :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing more great entries from you!

DC, this is so beautiful! I love it! Looks just like you took it out from Games of Throne! The details are so great! Good luck inte the contest, for some reason I think you will do more than ok! :wink::laugh:

Great job!

I like the way you built it almost all sideways :thumbup:

I have to agree with Z, the minifigures do look small, but when do they not in your MOC's? This like the rest is absolutely beautiful and massive. All of that stone work makes me pretty jealous, as I wish I had enough parts to even do one wall :tongue: .

Gorgeous as always DC.

So I saw this one when it was posted, but never commented on it, and It definitely deserves praise! This is a gorgeous build with gorgeous brickwork and roof work, the trees and snow are very well done, and there are tons of beautiful details. The well is great, and the little coth sacks are a beautiful touch. Amazing build!