Sign in to follow this  
Brig. Brick

SH-CCC: Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia

Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia is a modern Greek tragedy of duty and vengeance. When Wonder Woman partakes in an ancient ritual called the Hiketeia, she is honor-bound to eternally protect and care for a young woman named Danielle Wellys. But when the Wonder Woman learns that Danielle has killed the sex-slavers/drug dealers who murdered her sister, she suddenly finds herself in battle with Batman, who is searching for the female fugitive. Caught in a no-win situation, Wonder Woman must choose between breaking a sacred oath and turning her back on justice. In the climax, as Wonder Woman and Batman duel by the top of a cliff, Danielle finally decides to sacrifice herself and leaps. She dies in Wonder Woman's arms and tells her that she has released her of the Hiketeian ritual

now, my lego cover:

batm.jpg

now, the original cover:

batman-vs-wonder-woman-hiketeia.jpg

Edited by Brig. Brick

That is very fitting, although LEGO doesn't do it justice with the coloring and detail. Although original, it isn't very creative. I was expecting more of a scene. But good work either way. Good luck in the contest!

Not bad. Simple, but accurate. However, I'd turn up the contrast and push up Batman's cowl so that you can see his mouth and not the line in his eyes.

That is very fitting, although LEGO doesn't do it justice with the coloring and detail. Although original, it isn't very creative. I was expecting more of a scene. But good work either way. Good luck in the contest!

Yeah, it's hard to achieve so many expressions in simple LEGO, the neck is one of the hardest.

I took a simple cover, more to participate than try merely to win (lets face it, there will be better cover)

Not bad. Simple, but accurate. However, I'd turn up the contrast and push up Batman's cowl so that you can see his mouth and not the line in his eyes.

I'll try to catch both: mouth and eyes... nevertheless, the expression of the mouth in the lego batman minifig isn't suffering, although could be nice.

I choosed to catch the white line of the head like one of his eyelids.

the simple posture, and the rigid structure of the minifig, didnĀ“t allow me take both... even the "fist" is just the minifigure's hand snatch out of the minifig

I'll try to catch both: mouth and eyes... nevertheless, the expression of the mouth in the lego batman minifig isn't suffering, although could be nice.

I choosed to catch the white line of the head like one of his eyelids.

Yeah, I see what you were going for, but it doesn't really work in my opinion. I suggest using a different head, one with an angry expression, such as Hawkeye's. This will give you an angry mouth, and the eyebrows which will show through the eye holes will look like closed eyes. I've tried it and it works pretty well.

By the way, I think you have to change the order of your images. The rules state that your recreation of the cover should be the first picture in your post. :wink: